SP Native Custom Order Equipment, Hero Horse, Upgradeable Castle - Dionisia v1.41 (24July)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverkatana

Sergeant at Arms
Dionisia Version 1.41

Features:
  • Custom Order Equipment
  • Hero Horse
  • Upgradeable Castle
  • Arena Mod by Janus

Custom Order Equipment
From the new NPC "Dionisia" you can custom order any item in the game, including items specific to this mod and Janus' Arena Mod.  Dionisia is located in Zendar, inside the building behind Ramun the Slave Trader.  You will pay about a twenty percent markup for items ordered through Dionisia, with a maximum order of three items.  If applicable, you can select whatever modifier you want the items to have, so long as it is a positive one (if you want a lame horse or cracked shield, see any merchant or arms dealer.)  It will take Dionisia a little while to fill your order, but, since you only have to pay half up-front, you can buy that reinforced black armor that you always wanted long before you have the required 20k+ Denars.

Hero Horse
You can now have a fully upgradeable horse, named "Gualterio".  To get him, speak with the new NPC "Suelita", who is located with Dionisia in Zendar.  Suelita can craft two different sets of armor for Gualterio, both of which can be taken off and put back on at a moments notice.  Gualterio can also be trained in both speed and maneuverability.  If he is ever lamed, Suelita can heal Gualterio.  You can send Suelita back to Zendar, but she will take Gualterio with her.  At Zendar, she will continue to be able to craft new armors, train, and heal Gualterio, but you will not be able to ride him unless you have Suelita rejoin your party.  If you ever sell Gualterio, and send Suelita back to Zendar without him, neither Suelita nor Dionisia will ever speak with you again.  You have been warned!

Upgradeable Castle
You can now have a fully upgradeable castle.  To get it, simply talk to the new NPC "George", who is located in Zendar with Dionisia and Suelita.  Once George has joined your party, you can travel anywhere that you desire on the map to place your new castle.  Be aware, though, that George won't even talk with you unless you have been knighted (by either faction) or have defeated his champion.  Once built, the castle has 18 different stages, each level of which will give you a reward.  If you encounter an enemy party close to your castle, you will be given the option of luring them back to your castle to begin a siege, or to simply fight them where you encountered them. 

Examples of rewards:

• Collect adjustable taxes from your lands, the amount dependant upon your castle level
  • Recruit nearly any kind of troop, dependent on your castle level
  • An arms dealer that sells quality weapons, at a discounted price
  • An armor dealer that sells quality armors, at a discounted price
  • Custom heraldry, from three different options
  • The ability to issue duel challenges to five different faction champions
  • A trainer that will increase your weapons skills, for a price
  • The ability to send out raiding parties that consist of troops taken from your castle garrison
  • ...and a few more

Arena Mod by Janus
If you've been hiding under a rock, this excellent mod will let you fight more exotic battles at the Zendar Arena.

Where are those screenshots!?
Dionisia is wearing a red dress.  Suelita is wearing pants.  Gualterio is a black horse.  Part of the fun of upgrading your castle is in being surprised by the next stage.  If you really demand pretty jpegs before downloading something, see the next few pages for some screenshots.  I want to keep this first post uncluttered.

Known Problems (you knew there had to be some)
  • Suelita's dialogs, the ones that control Gualterio's growth and management, are a little clunky.  Because many of the operations that are needed for something like Gualterio don't exist, there's a lot of dancing and jumping around required to make him work.  As far as I know, he works fine, just be prepared for not-so-user-friendly dialogs.
  • Castle sieges, especially as the castle grows, can, and probably will, bring your computer to its knees.  A little battle size reduction or a decrease in graphical options might become necessary.  Also, the AI can do some stupid things; I tried using ai barriers to make them not quite so dumb, but most of the time they just made things worse.
  • The ubiquitous random dialog crash bug.  They are annoying, and they do happen (although only once in all my testing.)  There's nothing that I can do about them, so save often.

Credits
  • Janus, for his excellent Arena Mod
  • RR_Raptor65, for his excellent Weapons Expansion
  • luigi, who very generously offered to let me use his "Dukes and Mercenaries" mod items
  • fisheye, although only indirectly.  Whenever I didn't understand how something worked, and searched the forums for help, it was almost always one of his posts that cleared things up.
  • Anyone who has ever posted a modding question or tutorial.  Much aggravation was dealt with by a simple forum search.

Bugfinders
  • Grocat x3
  • Ursca x1

Version History
1.1 - Fixed preview "large bag of <melee_weapon>"
1.2 - Changed from zip file to self-installing executable, thanks to Janus' great utility
1.3 - Changed from UE to python, added Suelita and Gualterio
1.4 - Added upgradeable castle, included Janus' Arena Mod, and made Suelita's equipment changeable
1.41 - Miscellaneous bugfixes, added many new weapons and armors, changed castle improvement completion times, added chest to keep

Help make this mod better!
If you have an awesome sword, or any other kind of item, post a screenshot and I'll include it in the next release.  If you modify my source (python only, UE stuff won't help) to do something cool, like make your raiding parties actually raid, or even a little 'what goes bump in the night!?' mission when you spend the night at your castle, post up what it does and I'll include it in the next release.

If you are interested in helping, the most desperately needed things are new heraldic armors.  The three sets that I threw together leave a lot to be desired.  Also, if you change or make better any of the textures or models that I made for Suelita, Dionisia, or Gualterio, post up screenies of your work and I'll include them in the next release.  No, I won't be offended; I know that my texturing and modelling skills leave a lot to be desired.

If you want to make better interior or exterior scenes for the castle, post up how you want to change them and I'll let you know what kinds of entry points/passages are required for each scene.

Post up those bug reports!
If you find a bug, beyond the random dialog crash one, post up a detailed description of where it is and how you made it happen.  Anything from grammatical and spelling errors to BSOD's are welcome.  Just remember, "My game crashed! Fix it!" is not at all helpful, but "After I upgraded my stables, my character went into an epileptic seizure after I talked to George" is.

Download Dionisia Version 1.41

Download Dionisia Version 1.41 Source

Downloads are courtesy of the Mount & Blade Unofficial File Repository.

cool, nice job with that. it's a great idea and the limitations make it more balanced, which is good. you should release it as a minimod and release the source material (pr whatever it's called) so that people could include it in their mods.

You could host it at http://www.yousendit.com as a temp host. I'm sure Janus would be more than willing to host it for you, as well.

i agree with the cant-find-a-damn-thing-worth-buying part, definitely. However, perhaps Dionisia could be in a more "discreet" location, and could be wearing the Pilgrim outfit, so that (s)he looks like a shady character. Make 2 more variations of the NPC, so that you have a neutral, a vaegir, and a swadian. The difference?

The Swadians and Vaegirs would have different special items, while the neutral would only allow the purchase of normal items.

You can only talk to a secret merchant of a certain faction if you belong to that faction, so a Swadian character can not sneak into a vaegir town and get the vaegir unique items.

Great idea for a mod, just get it hosted and people will love you. Speak to Janus, he runs the M&B Repository.

i agree with you finding things you want is a pain
if you want to host it you can host it here http://savefile.com/ it had a big upload file button you can't miss it and you don't need to regester to upload
yousendit some people have problems with

great idea though its going to help us all :razz:

If you want the Dionisia "mini-mod", look up top.

Pellidon said:
you should release it as a minimod and release the source material (pr whatever it's called) so that people could include it in their mods.

Well, since this is my first "mod" of any kind, I was still trying to figure out how everything works, and I kept adding features as i went, the "code" (if I can call it that) is extremely bloated.  If I had to do it again from scratch, I would use a few more conditional statements and the changes to the "conversation.txt" file would be about a tenth the size.  So, basically, go ahead and use it how you see fit, but it might be better (if you like neat and tidy projects) to write it from scratch. Just warning you.

maw said:
but... is it in python...? maw

Heh - nope.  I just used Effidian's editor (which is great, and very easy to use once you figure it out) to change things, mostly the conversation.txt file.

Assyrian said:
That's really good, nice work! If it works!!
If it don't, good idea... lol

It works! I swear! Honest! Or, at least, I haven't found any bugs yet.  :razz:

This seems really good, it will save me hours of map roaming :grin:. Bloody good idea and if it works (which I'm sure it will) bloody good work.

Nice job. Do you mind if I use this in the Forgotten Glory expansion (your name in the credits, of course)?

Oh, and I suspect that Winter will also be keen to snap it up as well.

I put everything in the right place, but I don't see any passageways that you can go through in zendar except the happyboar and the merchant

Those are the only 2 passage ways in Zendar.. :???:

This is the link for the mod..put in the first post when you can.

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/visit.php?cid=9&lid=188

Can you please use the mod installer Janus made? If it's possible... :smile:

danthegreatc said:
I put everything in the right place, but I don't see any passageways that you can go through in zendar except the happyboar and the merchant
it's not another passage, she's in a sort of hidden area behind the slave trader.

I can draw you a map, if you'd like  :wink:

Well, I found and fixed a bug; you can no longer preview a "large bag of <melee weapon>".

Hatuey said:
This is the link for the mod..put in the first post when you can.

Done.  Thank you!

Hatuey said:
Can you please use the mod installer Janus made? If it's possible... :smile:

Didn't know there was one.  I'll see if I can.

leprechaun said:
Nice job. Do you mind if I use this in the Forgotten Glory expansion (your name in the credits, of course)?

Go for it.  If you manage to decipher my convoluted logic well enough to make it useful, however, just put your name in the credits twice. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom