Cultural Recruitment/provinces culture/

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, I was wondering, we know that cultural changes takes years to happen and the same goes back the ancient and medieval eras.
So, when you take let's say a Vlandian town with the Imperials, even through lore that town was once imperial it changed its culture for vlandian, the same goes for the recruitment of troops in there. SO, my question is when you take the town of another culture, will you recruit troops from the lord of the fief and its culture or the fief will keep it's culture? Ex: The N.Empire takes a Battanian town, the troops to be recruited there will be Battanian or Imperial?
Or the type of troops depends on the culture of the lord?

Thats a good question, one that i dont remember beeing asked on the forum before. while i do not know the answer, i think theyre doing it like in the warband system, where you can only recruit sarranid troops in their native, sarranid lands. i like this system because even when one faction dies, you are still able to get their troops. of course they may change it so that the culture of the conquered territory changes to that of the conquerer. a third option might be that theyll reveice a mix of the two, so you can recruit the native troops there aswell as the ones from the culture that conquered it, but i suppose it remains to be seen

I remember I thread about this a while ago. I know the game is going to use the sort of system of warband (where only base vladnian settlements gave Vlandian troops etc) but I think with the addition of characters who you buy troops off, it would be nice to, at least in part over time encourage or pay for characters to reside in your fief who produce your own troop type. Or even, because at the end of the day we're recruiting the gear type, not the people, so perhaps making it so the further away you away you are from your troop type land, the more expensive it is. (Maybe even have it so you have people with said culture armour  recruited, so Aserai people with Vlandian armour could be interesting to see)

I would like it be a kingdom decision to tax the foreigns more or obligate military duty to them. And for military duty, there should be another troop tree. Like Roman auxiliary units. So this creates different compositions of armies without stop being immersive.

Tabitan said:
I would like it be a kingdom decision to tax the foreigns more or obligate military duty to them. And for military duty, there should be another troop tree. Like Roman auxiliary units. So this creates different compositions of armies without stop being immersive.

This could actually be great. If you play as , say, the Empire, and conquer Battanian lands, you can then recruit troops that fight in the Battanian way, but are dressed as Imperials. It only makes sense to incorporate the strengths of your enemies.

Preferably the conquered people would have to be managed more broadly. Say you overtax or oppress your new subjects, they might start to spawn groups of freedom fighters that hurt your economy.

So, this basically means that when and if reunite the empire, as the Emperor i only will be able and should give calradoi lands to the imperials and not outside the empire since they going get a mix of barbarians on their armies? Imperial lands only to imperials and vlandian only to vlandians? That sucks a little, cause as i understand of the lore all towns where imperials before losing lands to the barbarians, right? The entire continet once was only imperial.
They should put a culture system, and some kind of "caraldization" (romanization)... that the fief culture will be the lord or some years inside a nation their culture becomes the primary nation culture

Back
Top Bottom