Crusader Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

nanny said:
Someone probably already posted something like this but, it would be great if this would come out for the newer version of M&B :3..This is a great mod IMO and I know it is probably really hard to port it to the newer version, but lol i really can't stand the loading time of .903. But either way i kept .903 just for this mod! keep up the good work!

The loading time depends on the computer as well. In my computer for example it is almost zero...  :mrgreen:

Seriously, make this for 0.952 with Templar order, Hospitaller and Teutonic order and I will love you for it... It would be cool if you could join the orders and wear their colors...

Emperor_Danny said:
nanny said:
Someone probably already posted something like this but, it would be great if this would come out for the newer version of M&B :3..This is a great mod IMO and I know it is probably really hard to port it to the newer version, but lol i really can't stand the loading time of .903. But either way i kept .903 just for this mod! keep up the good work!

The loading time depends on the computer as well. In my computer for example it is almost zero...  :mrgreen:

I really don't get how you load so fast because i have a pretty high end system, but when .95x came out my load times were near zero. And porting it will be alot of hard work if they are planning on it :3. But a worthwhile mod still. Oh while i was playing crusaders i could change one unit's of a group of hospitillars equipment, and was wondering was that on purpose or were you trying to make it to where you can change your armies equipment? Cause i gave one of my hashashin a templar shield xD, and those hashashin are quite dangerous o_O

nanny said:
Emperor_Danny said:
nanny said:

I really don't get how you load so fast because i have a pretty high end system, but when .95x came out my load times were near zero. And porting it will be alot of hard work if they are planning on it :3. But a worthwhile mod still. Oh while i was playing crusaders i could change one unit's of a group of hospitillars equipment, and was wondering was that on purpose or were you trying to make it to where you can change your armies equipment? Cause i gave one of my hashashin a templar shield xD, and those hashashin are quite dangerous o_O
:mrgreen:

Hmm.. This is for .903 but yet when I load it into my modules... I go into the game and right at "Loading Textures" I get an error about the textures.tent.ddr :???:

Did you put the latest town siege fix in?
Cause I sieged 2 citys untill now and my troops always got stuck on top of the ladder  :sad:

Can you please add The City Nicosia (Lefcosia in greek), the village Famagusta (Amochostos, the medieval capital of Cyprus) and the Castle Limasol(Lemesos Greek)?

I hope so. Thanks. I wanna be the lord of cyprus men!

Make them accesible by boat!  :mrgreen:

I don't wanna enter the dorak keep any moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You might want to add Talon and me to the credits list, as you use some of the SWUP models we made (haven't seena any of the other contributers' work)
Fun mod, by the way

Pinkaugust said:
Seriously, make this for 0.952 with Templar order, Hospitaller and Teutonic order and I will love you for it... It would be cool if you could join the orders and wear their colors...

Teutonic Order never really did anything in the holy land.  By the time they formed (1192 I think), Jerusalem was lost, and they didn't have a significant military force until a few years later.  It was the crusades in Eastern Europe that the Teutonic order were involved in (would be great if someone could make a mod of that, with Lithuania, Russia, HRE etc.  I'm sure someone started working on one but it seems to have vanished.

Odin Doomhammer said:
Pinkaugust said:

Teutonic Order never really did anything in the holy land.  By the time they formed (1192 I think), Jerusalem was lost, and they didn't have a significant military force until a few years later.  It was the crusades in Eastern Europe that the Teutonic order were involved in (would be great if someone could make a mod of that, with Lithuania, Russia, HRE etc.  I'm sure someone started working on one but it seems to have vanished.

Yes!...right!
there is http://www.the-orb.net/encyclop/religion/monastic/opsahl2.html

Sep., 1190 King Guy of Jerusalem awarded Teutonic Order or "Teutonic Knights" a portion of a tower in Acre; the bequest was re-enforced on Feb. 10, 1192; the order perhaps shared the tower with the English Order of the Hospital of St. Thomas 

ps
...but I don't see this mod without Teutonic Order

i just downloaded the crusaders mod but when i finished the mod a file poped upinstead of it saying "RUN" at the bottom of the download complete. i just said open openfolder and cancel plz some1 tell me if i have to do something with this crusaders file plz emial me or something help me out here

First, bravo for the surcoat!
Actually I am not speaking about its post to 0.951 I speak about working the cypriot cities if possible and make them sea-accessible!  :neutral:

One of the best mods I've played for M&B, keep up the great work!

The new weapons and armors are top notch, that one person put this together is amazing.

I'd like to see Teutonics though!

Can't wait to see what .951 brings to this mod.

As an afterthought, any chance of implementing camels?

PortraitOfSanity said:
One of the best mods I've played for M&B, keep up the great work!

The new weapons and armors are top notch, that one person put this together is amazing.

I'd like to see Teutonics though!

Can't wait to see what .951 brings to this mod.

As an afterthought, any chance of implementing camels?

The same for me :smile: superb mod, fantastic textures of new weapons and armors.
Keep up the good work!!!
The addiction that the player can participate to all battle is genial, it can be implemented also into m&b native.
Also the lenght of weapon now are reasonable.

Odin Doomhammer said:
Pinkaugust said:

Not exactly true.  Although they obviously were not to the extent of the Hospitallers or Templars, they played a rather respectable role in the later Crusader States.  They were formed in 1190 and militarized in 1198.  When Frederick II got Jerusalem through treaty it was they who were his honor guard.  They also had sizable lands in Cilicia with the Armenians but more importantly in the Tyre region, namely the city of Sidon and their HQ at Starkenberg (which I plan to visit in two years).  ALthough they accomplished more in Prussia, it was done with the minority of their resources (prior to 1291 and especially 1309 when the HQ was moved to Marienberg).  They fought in the 5th and later Crusades and fought off a siege by Baibars at Starkenberg in 1266 (though losing it in 1271 during a second siege).  They also controlled all harbor fees at Acre and fought there in 1291.

Personally I love their history (I even own a complete suit of maille with a surcoat and shield in their fashion), but the historical accuracy of having them doesn't fit the scope of this mod.  I still would love to see them (as I would definitely play as them), but they came about during the end of the 3rd Crusade and were at that point only involved with caring for the sick German Crusaders around Acre.

I

Back
Top Bottom