Crouch order

Users who are viewing this thread

Younes said:
The average joe does not care how historical the game is. This is an absurd claim.
You watching some historical review of a movie and it having 1 million views does not mean there is a high demand for it.

Average Joe cares a lot. Otherwise nobody would bother with historical accuracy at all in the first place. Fact that film and game developers are giving increased attention to the historical accuracy is not because they care, but because of the popular demand and because they think historical accuracy can bring them profits.

And reason why average Joe cares is that even average Joe does not want to be stupid. He does not want to be misled and he is interesting in knowing history, how things were for real. It might not be his first priority in the life but never the leas.

In fact historical accuracy is so popular, that there recently appeared games and films that made it their selling point. Like Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Just compare Rome Total War and Rome II Total War. It's still historical BS for most part, but one can't but notice huge effort to make it more accurate (which wasn't that hard given how low a standard the first one had set, but still).

Same goes for historical films.

Younes said:
There is demand for a fun game, not ruined by this kind of stupid ideas that its not "historical accurate" in a game where all the factions are not even named after "historical" nations or kingdoms or whatever you want to call it.

If that would be the case, historical games and films would became LESS accurate over time. They are not. On contrary.

hruza said:
Younes said:
The average joe does not care how historical the game is. This is an absurd claim.
You watching some historical review of a movie and it having 1 million views does not mean there is a high demand for it.

Average Joe cares a lot. Otherwise nobody would bother with historical accuracy at all in the first place. Fact that film and game developers are giving increased attention to the historical accuracy is not because they care, but because of the popular demand and because they think historical accuracy can bring them profits.

Just compare Rome Total War and Rome II Total War. It's still historical BS for most part, but one can't but notice huge effort to make it more accurate (which wasn't that hard given how low a standard the first one had set, but still).

Same goes for historical films.

Younes said:
There is demand for a fun game, not ruined by this kind of stupid ideas that its not "historical accurate" in a game where all the factions are not even named after "historical" nations or kingdoms or whatever you want to call it.

If that would be the case, historical games and films would became LESS accurate over time. They are not. On contrary.

You are literally complaining about someone bending their joints in order to crouch. This is an example of people taking historical accuracy too far.

You have nothing to back up these numbers so its all just assumptions based upon your personal experience.

You talk about total war, completely neglecting they just had two games come out that completely was centered around fantasy.

Younes said:
You are literally complaining about someone bending their joints in order to crouch. This is an example of people taking historical accuracy too far.

You have nothing to back up these numbers so its all just assumptions based upon your personal experience.

You talk about total war, completely neglecting they just had two games come out that completely was centered around fantasy.

You know fact that you who argue against me here have switched from "crouching is historically accurate" to "historical accuracy does not matter" just shows that you yourself don't believe in what you say.

hruza said:
Younes said:

You know fact that you who argue againsth me here have switched from "crouching is historically accurate" to "historical accuracy does not matter" just shows that you yourself don't believe in what you say.

I said its historical accurate because you just wouldn't shush about how its not.

You just argue for the sake of it. You are the reason people hate historical accuracy for a simple thing as crouching.

Younes said:
I said its historical accurate because you just wouldn't shush about how its not.

You just argue for the sake of it. You are the reason people hate historical accuracy for a simple thing as crouching.

No, it's you who argue for sake of it, which is why you have switched argument to completely opposite one in the course of the discussion. You don't believe in what you say yourself.

hruza said:
Younes said:

No, it's you who argue for sake of it, which is why you have switched argument to completely opposite one in the course of the discussion. You don't believe in what you say yourself.

Yeah okay i get it now,
keep arguing for nothing i'm dropping it since you just talk nonsense.

Forgive me for interrupting your very deep but defunct conversation. For a moment I thought I was in the wrong forum, that I was in the Who's the Smartest Guy forum. But I just checked that yes, this is all about Bannerlord.

I wanted to ask a question, actually, two questions: why when we press the z key our character crouches down without any sense as if to defecate in the middle of a battle? and the other one is: Why only our character has the right to defecate in the middle of a battle while the others are in a shield wall? does this seem logical to some wise guy or realistic enough? sorry, those were three questions.

If it were possible for the rest in the shield wall to defecate at the same time, they could keep their shields over their heads while the archers could take care of the terrible situation, doesn't that seem like an effective enough tactic for a game that doesn't have much realism at least so far?

I hope no one is offended. My advice is to stay focused on the game with a realistic attitude so as not to be disappointed so soon. But I don't lose hope that one day all troops will be able to crouch.

Back
Top Bottom