Crimean Khanate Unit and Nation Guide (Now with Pictures!)

Users who are viewing this thread

forte712 said:
Great guide!

BigBiker05 said:
Would die to have someone make these for all the units in the game.

My thoughts exactly, except maybe for the dying part..
Seriously, we need this kind of guide for every faction.
\

Assuming much? he never said in game or in real life aha.

Noveras said:
Long Live The Crimean Brotherhood!!! lol

Hey I have one more question, can I change the equipments for troops that I can only hired in towns and fortresses?

Long Live the Polish Republic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smile:

Thanks for the praise everyone, glad this is liked!

I will probably do a Swede unit guide within the next few days. This week I have had more free time than normal so I have thrown a Swedish Rebellion.  No way to learn a faction better than by fighting it with its own troops!

Hope you will play a lot more kingdoms, already read swedish and realy love u.
Baronfuming said:
What nonsense! These forum-regulars seem to always feel the urge to make such pointless charts and walls of text for some self-gratifying purpose.
wtf dude dont start talking nonsense yourself just because you arent good enough to make something like this. Stop being jalous because he gets praised for some work you can only dream of and go **** urself

Catholic said:
Hate the crimeans, but I applaud the amount of work you did on this and how much this will help other people.
Good job.

The Crimeans are awesome! Does anyone else just love watching as the enemy's charge is broken up by dozens of arrows? And then all you have to do after that is round up the stragglers with your super speedy Calvary.

It makes sense to have the Circassians recruited near Cherkassk since this in Russian means Circassian ,more or less,and this was the area where,historically they would have been found, as for Nogais, they had their own Horde,vassal to the Crimean Khan,in the area north of Perekop and alos around Izmail.
    @ catholic: easy,mate.....I am Crimean and I am terribly proud to be able to play a game with units and characters form the historical past of my people, as probably every Polish,Russian,Cossack or Swede player is proud,just the same.
  @ Cerlin and TuranianGhazi,thanks for your posts  :wink:
  Peace...and enjoy the game,that''s all there is!!!

Thanks for this guide.  I've been playing around with army composition and I find I like massed Janissaries + Nokhors.  Although I'm considering incorporating Nogai and Circassion as well.  :grin:

Roach XI the Magnificent said:
Do bows offer any advantages on the battlefield? Apart from rate of fire. To me it seems they're pretty much useless, since the arrows are very weak.

Personally I find the bow great to use myself - better than pistol even, because it helps much more in

a) bandit ambushes - with a good bow, you'll be one-shotting the clothed bandits
b) out in the open field - bigger rate of fire means chasing around a guy on horseback and getting them is easier
c) sieges - many uses. From shooting guys down on the wall, to pumping arrows into the army running to ladders, to getting headshots on those well-armoured knights

@Ceriy: Recruitment Specifics (Clarifications and Corrections)
Circassians – Cherkassk, Azaq-kale. I think both of these towns can recruit Circassians. Mebbe even the small Kyzyl-yar fortress (I’ll check again next recruitment cycle).
Nogai - IZUM fortress only ... NOT -IZMAIL- fortress. Just pointing that out. Many people were confused on this point. One easy giveaway is that IZUM fortress has a village of Nugai, right close by :wink:
Note: Also, Izum fortress makes more sense than Izmail fortress for Nogai recruitment because most of the vassal Nogai Horde was to the east of the Crimean Khanate.

@Cerlin: You're right, Mirza Chambuls have better bow skills. I have moved away from my expensive Tatar merc army to the Crimean faction-only army.

I basically have two armies now:
1. All cavalry composition: 60% Nokhor, 40% Mirza Chambul/Nogai, just like you described
2. Balanced composition: 25% Janissary, 50% Seymen, 25% Nokhors/Circassians.
@Defender: Right on, bro! You nailed the most heavy-hitting and best troops that the Crimean Khanate has got to offer. Still, I wonder how you can mass Janissaries? In my game, I can mass Seymens much easier than Janissaries.

For my town garrisons, I have mostly Bajraks, not many Kapikulu.  However, I found this strategy that finds use for the Kapikulu from the wiki. Does this actually work?
"Crimean tactics against wagon forts consists of forming a wall of flesh with its cavalry and then having their Kapikulu archers shoot over the heads of their cavalry onto the enemy while advancing, breaking into charge when the Kapikulu are close enough to overcome the bow's ranged weakness to the musket"
Source: http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount%26Blade:_With_Fire_%26_Sword

@Roach: I find that bows are even more deadlier in WF&S than in Warband, mainly because of the absence of armor and shields :wink: In F&S, tis a good day to be an archer

@Irbis: Oh, you’re Crimean, brother? Niiice, my girlfriend is of the Nogai clan actually. I am Naiman by paternal line, and Argyn/Argun by maternal line ^_^

Roach XI the Magnificent said:
Do bows offer any advantages on the battlefield? Apart from rate of fire. To me it seems they're pretty much useless, since the arrows are very weak.
In the right hands, bows are terrifying.  I went all out and got a Hand-crafted Bow, two large bags of forged arrows, a bunch of Shooting from Horseback skill, and 7 or 8 Power Draw.  My Archery proficiency's around 300 or 400.  This combination lets me kill any unarmored person with one hit, and even Swedish Reiters go down with two or three hits.  The rate of shot is very high, but my two large quivers give a good supply. 

Best of all is when I'm assaulting a Cossack town.  Once we're in, there comes a point when the defenders get bunched up in a melee or shootout.  Since they're tightly packed and almost totally unarmored, and since I have a fast-shooting, very powerful bow, a lot of deadly arrows, very high Archery proficiency and a lot of Power Draw... well, it's a bloody massacre.  I can sometimes kill 50, 60, or even more Cossacks in a minute or two.  It's absolutely ridiculous. 

In battle, I love to mow down dozens of musket-wielding enemies from horseback with an "obsolete" bow, shouting, "Suck it, technology!" :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom