SP - General Create own troop tree and Culture

Users who are viewing this thread

Having the ability to found our own kingdom should come with the ability to create our own troop tree and culture or use one of the other factions culture. Customizing each tier should cost money per equipment. Once you submit your final result, that class will be part of your troop tree. Having your own culture should allow you to pick 2 or more perks that will identify your faction. As a factionless clan, you gather enough troops made up of bandits, peasants, mercs, random culture units, and work your way up to establish your own kingdom, culture, and own unique military.

that would be amazing i love anything that gives your own individual flair even if they did preset troop trees you could pick drom like sword sister line that other factions dont have access to but was in warband

I guess to elaborate, part of mount and blade is that each faction has its own strengths and weaknesses and unique flavor though this was much more of the case in Warband tho with ie two factions with no cavalry and one with no infantry. I think while creating your own faction sounds cool, it is simply going to end with people making 'the perfect faction' that is great all around, has no weaknesses and no counters. While the empire do come close as probably the most well rounded faction in warband history, their lack of spears for example, makes them weaker to cav. Ultimately the min maxers are going to find the 'perfect' troop tree which everyone is then going to use. It would be cool if there was maybe a set troop tree that only your faction could recruit from when you make a kingdom, but that would be more of a warband idea. Indeed there were mods that did just this with one that made an 'imperial' troop tree for when you made a kingdom you could basically have 'soldiers of the calradian empire' sort of thing, but in this game you are either restoring the empire, in which you will recruit empire troops, or you are trying to destroy it.

I think one of the banner people talks about a group of people who lived in calradia before the empire pushed them out. I guess if you choose to destroy the empire you can adopt that culture and recruit a troop tree from them. That would be interesting, but custom troop trees would simply be impossible to balance. For example, simply give imperial legionaries a spear and cataphracts couched lances and you just made the most over powered faction.

@blackfalcon it can be balanced with daily troop payments, X armour + Y skills = Z payment. if we say this is inbalanced that the game will be see as inbalanced since there no equal armies ,some have more T5 troops, less T4, others on opposite. What @Pain32 says completelly makes sence since you are still gathering best noble troops and nothing inbalance will happen if troops like them will be in your own culture (it just will be visual difference)

@blackfalcon it can be balanced with daily troop payments, X armour + Y skills = Z payment. if we say this is inbalanced that the game will be see as inbalanced since there no equal armies ,some have more T5 troops, less T4, others on opposite. What @Pain32 says completelly makes sence since you are still gathering best noble troops and nothing inbalance will happen if troops like them will be in your own culture (it just will be visual difference)

The problem is that it is not as simple as assigning x value to y items, it is how the items interplay. Currently the soldiers and factions in general are built with flaws and weaknesses. For example, the empire lack of spears, the Sturgion lack of good archers, the battanians lack of heavy armor. It would be very very difficult for taleworlds to balance at all, if it could be. Taleworlds wants a balanced game because an unbalanced game (even singleplayer); lowers their industry reputation, demeans personal accomplishments in game and makes achievements much easier to get and lowers their clout. This is why, like I said, this would make a great mod. A modder would have the hours and hours to try and balance this (I mean lets be honest siege towers dont even work yet taleworlds doesnt need to take on anything else) as well as when someone downloads a mod they understand they might not have the most balanced gameplay. I just dont see an easy way to implement this and as it isnt a thing that most people feel is core to the gameplay, it would be better as a mod.

Also, if you really want to do this you can. The spnpc characters file is extremely easy to edit and I have made countless modifications to troops in game with absolutely no modding experience.

@blackfalcon 1.Balance: highland, midland, lowland, desertm snow, faction location, culture bonuses would be my answer my friend
as for the troop editing I will definitely edit them if TW wont fix mismatched skills and armourmements, e.g. khuzait troop armouments have vhanged and now neither of them have their specific armoument, body head shaulder peaces that where designed to match are equiped randomly and if balance and teir is an answer here then their cost and armour should be changed to match each other. long sentence but I think you got my point :smile:

Back
Top Bottom