Need More Info Crash on launch when 12 or more mods installed >EVEN WHEN MODS ARE DISABLED IN LAUNCHER<

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: As per title. I have 12 mods installed into the Modules folder.
- They ALL work individually.
- They ALL work with each other, as long as the total number of mods doesn't increase above 11.
- Even with the mods DEACTIVATED in the launcher, the game still crashes IF the total number of mod folders in \Modules\ is over 16 (11 mods, plus the 5 official module folders \CustomBattle\, \Native\, \Sandbox\, \SandBox Core\, \StoryMode\ )
- I CAN run the game with 11 mods installed, both ACTIVATED or DEACTIVATED. But once I move a new mod into the \Modules\ folder, whether I activate it or not, the game will not launch. I've tested this with different mods being included/excluded.

How to Reproduce: Copy 12 mods into the \Modules\ folder, and attempt to launch the game.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.0.9
Computer Specs
:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: Intel i5-6600K
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): OS: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB. Game: Crucial SSD CT525MX300SSD1 525GB

I can upload a DxDiag.txt file if needed.

Mods I've used to test this:
Autoblocker 1.2
AutoTrader 1.6.6
BannerlordTweaks 1.1.3
Beauties of Bannerlord 1.0.1
Better Quicksave 1.2.0
BirthdayTweak 1.0.1
CapMaxClanInfluence 10.1
Character Export Import 1.0.10
DeveloperConsole 1.3.1
Fast Dialogue 2.0
Forest Bandits Nerf 0.1.2
Noble Nobles 1.3
Sound The Alarm 1.0.1
Workshop Demystifier 1.0.1

The above mods all work for me, individually or in any arrangement of up to 11 mods, on version e1.0.9 of the game. Once I add a 12th mod, no matter which one it is, the game will not load.

AGAIN, THIS HAPPENS ALSO WHEN ALL MODS ARE DEACTIVATED IN THE LAUNCHER

I can reproduce this 100% of the time. If you have anything you'd like me to upload, or any procedure you'd like me to try out in the name of science, let me know. Otherwise I'll just pick my 11 favorite mods and use them.

This is probably my same issue. I don't have the patience right now to go deleting mods. Hopefully they'll address your issue and hopefully will be the same.

I was just yesterday thinking that they need to figure out a better way to display the mods in a save so it doesn't overlap with the save stats on the bottom right. Maybe this is related to that.

Man you just saved me a bunch of misery. I just removed a bunch of mods (I had installed them from Nexus Mods using Vortex, so uninstalled and removed them through that application instead of just moving / deleting folders), to get down to 11 or below (including the 5 native ones)... and it worked!!! So essentially, install just 6 mods of your preference for the time being and don't go above that limit. Kelven, thank you!

Devs / Mods, I hope you pass this info along to your team. I also was able to get back up and running by cutting down mods to 11 (the 5 native ones, and 6 mods of my choice).

**EDIT** This works for single player, but I am still getting an error when I try MP.

Last edited:
Man you just saved me a bunch of misery. I just removed a bunch of mods (I had installed them from Nexus Mods using Vortex, so uninstalled and removed them through that application instead of just moving / deleting folders), to get down to 11 or below (including the 5 native ones)... and it worked!!! So essentially, install just 6 mods of your preference for the time being and don't go above that limit. Kelven, thank you!

Devs / Mods, I hope you pass this info along to your team. I also was able to get back up and running by cutting down mods to 11 (the 5 native ones, and 6 mods of my choice).

**EDIT** This works for single player, but I am still getting an error when I try MP.

You can actually go up to 11 mods in SP. The total number is 16 INCLUDING the 5 core modules, so 11 mods + the 5 core modules.

At least that's how it is for me

I have not been able to launch MP with any mods active at all. When they are off it launches without issue.

I have not been able to launch MP with any mods active at all. When they are off it launches without issue.

This is most likely an issue with a mod itself. I have no experience with MP, but you could try loading each mod individually until you find which one is causing the crash.

A lot of times this issue is because your Windows security is set to block certain .dll files, and is blocking the mod's .dll. To fix this, use these instructions:

"If the game crashes on startup after you have installed a mod, you can try unblocking the mod's .dll files. Open the mod folder in your modules folder, then navigate to bin -> Win64_Shipping_Client. Right click on the .dll file and select Properties. In the popup window, check the Unblock checkbox at the bottom. "

However again this is a seperate issue to this thread's, so feel free to make your own post about your issues.

This is most likely an issue with a mod itself. I have no experience with MP, but you could try loading each mod individually until you find which one is causing the crash.

A lot of times this issue is because your Windows security is set to block certain .dll files, and is blocking the mod's .dll. To fix this, use these instructions:

"If the game crashes on startup after you have installed a mod, you can try unblocking the mod's .dll files. Open the mod folder in your modules folder, then navigate to bin -> Win64_Shipping_Client. Right click on the .dll file and select Properties. In the popup window, check the Unblock checkbox at the bottom. "

However again this is a seperate issue to this thread's, so feel free to make your own post about your issues.

I wasn't sure if the other person tried to reach MP with mods or not. I tried with only Bannerlord Tweaks and I still can't reach MP. I play fine without mods and I don't need mods. My goal here is just to say that mods might be incompatible with MP as the person said they got errors regarding MP.

Thank you for trying to help but there is no issue :razz: All my dll and even xml files are unblocked and work fine in single player.

Have you guys tried to launch the game with an alternate launcher? There is one or two on nexus right now with order management as well.

Kinda ridiculous, but the solution to too many mods is...MORE MODS.

My game launched without issue once I installed the patched community launcher from Nexus, which solves an issue with module order.

Kinda ridiculous, but the solution to too many mods is...MORE MODS.

My game launched without issue once I installed the patched community launcher from Nexus, which solves an issue with module order.

I can confirm that using this modded launcher fixes the issue. I added a 12th mod, tried the fixed launcher and it works. So I downloaded another 3, installed them, and tried it for a total of 15 mods, and it works.

Hopefully TW will check out the fixed launcher to see why it works and theirs doesn't and fixes theirs.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom