Need More Info Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Exception has been thrown by the target invocation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.3
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

BigBalls

Recruit
Summary:New Campaign ,continue campaign or sandbox and multiplayer as well . The game crashes instantly giving this message it says "Could not load merged XML File correctly: Items Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". Ive coped this from a previous users thread but there was no fix provided so I couldnt follow the steps to fix it. I've deleted all my game files (everywhere on my PC) multiple times, un-synced steam and dropbox, even re-installed steam and deleted all steam files of my PC. I seen else where that files were provided to someone with and a similar issue on the forums, but the link no longer works.
How to Reproduce: See above
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: Don't think this matters.
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

You can try a clean install.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game when you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or add contents to the existing modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged. You can find more information about how to do a clean install here.

Back
Top Bottom