Could more be done with seasons to help with dynasties?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been thinking about how the dynasty system is supposed to work and I don't see a way due to the passage of time in the game and where your kingdom will be by the time your children have come to age. I have been reading on how war was waged in medieval times and see how it was mainly a seasonal thing and I was wondering if Bannerlord would benefit from this. They already have seasons in the game and they could perhaps use an attrition system to punish armies from waging war in the snow or the blistering heat from the desert. This could be interesting because you could have the winter months needed for policy making and planning for the coming summer for waging war and slowing the progress on the maps and allowing time to progress.

Yes, right now seasons pass but have little effect beyond looking lovely. I think it's more difficult to get supplies in winter but haven't noticed much else. Seasons should be more meaningful.

This could actually be expanded on by allowing for the city projects to be completed during the winter months. Making the road map so to speak for your village. You could pick to have them increase infrastructure, clear fields, build more hamlets, or train more so they have more soldiers to recruit. Of course this would work better if we could separate villages from towns or they could institute barons who control the towns and get tribute from the villages who are owned by the vassals.

Back
Top Bottom