Converting Lords to join your faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Arthur84

Recruit
Hi Guys, I am in a game at a stage where I have captured a couple of towns and have good relations with some lords whose faction is about to be wiped out.  I have tried and tried but can't seem to work out how to get a lord to join my faction.  I think there should be a way, will appreciate any help thanks in advance.
:grin:

well, there is a way, but it would mean cheating:

you see, when you try to persuade a lord, the game takes into account several factors (such as your relation with him, his relation to his current liege, his position in his liege's court, the safety you can offer him militarily etc...). depending on those factors, two numbers are calculated, one for you and one for the current liege and depending on the difference between those numbers (big positive difference is good for you) a chance is calculated (something between 0% and 100%). then the game generates a random number between 0 and 100. if the chance is higher than this number, your persuasion is succesful, if not you have to wait some time until the lord wants to speak about politics again. so in the end, the decision of the lord is a question of probability calculations.
if u choose "toggle cheat menu on" in the camp menu, u get the option "reset lords decision ...blabla" when talking to the lord, letting you try again and again to persuade him until the game generates a radnom number smaller than the calculated chance.

of course u can do it without cheats, too, just by asking him every now and then, but that takes long long time.
i'm afraid i dont know of any other possibilities

Right I see, thanks for the advice, I haven't gotten that far before and didn't know that I had to speak to them etc.  I was under the impression that if I wiped out their faction I can convince them to join me, but ok this makes sense thanks for advice.

No, if you wipe out the faction then theres no where for their lords to respawn...

Like Iskar said its a random generated chance factor. So your best chance without cheatin is as follows:

Choose a lord with very few Fiefs and is worried about his current lord
Befriend the lord in question
Train Many Many troops
Get your Right To Rule up to about 50, easy if you can manage peace with someone shots up 15 or 20 points.

Once you have taken a couple castles, go to your Minister and down the list find Recruit another lord and simply go through and choose the castle you wisht o give to them and send a companion with very high persuasion and hope for the best  :wink:

well yeah, thats the usual way, but i myself dont have good experiences with it. even companions with persuasion 7+ were sent back with the comment that they "behave like a child"...

Talewords did a stupifyingly bad job on this entire system, it's a joke more than anything.

In this mod I've had most luck with just promoting my companions and waiting, due to the sheer amount of factions and lords several of them will get pissed off and jump ships to your faction sooner or later.

They'll be pissy and whiny selfish little children of course, but they'll still be your whiny pissy little children.

Back
Top Bottom