• Hussar

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Ranger

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Hawkeye

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it not possible to join another faction? Khergits and Rhodoks declared war against me and I took Yalen from Rhodoks. I am trying to join Nords as they are my favourites and are next to my own estates and if they declare war against me I'd be screwed.

phorest said:
Is it not possible to join another faction? Khergits and Rhodoks declared war against me and I took Yalen from Rhodoks. I am trying to join Nords as they are my favourites and are next to my own estates and if they declare war against me I'd be screwed.

Well, the whole point of Conquest is to conquer, is it not? If you wish to belong to a "faction", you can still seek out for the claimant of the respective faction you wish to join. I'm not sure if kt0 messed with it so that you can't really join them, but the option to join them still appears in their dialogue. Although it'd be just the same as striking out on your own, since you still need to take fiefs and convince people to join you.

If I were you, I'd just enlist any friendly Lords to my cause - once you have a tons of rescued prisoners, they become extremely easy to woo. Most of them will either ask you to hunt down fugitives (which is an easy task) or train up a certain number of troops from their faction (which gives plenty of relation points - Hence why you should have a little diversity with rescued/prisoner recruited troops). I normally start asking them once the relation points are 25 or more. Don't bother trying if you have less than 20, unless you can reload save files to retry.

An even easier way is to enlist enemy Lords. Just pick one or two of them who hold few/no fiefs, and defeat them as many times as possible, releasing them everytime you win. Each time you release them, you gain 5 relationship points, and if you're picking on a lord who holds no/little fiefs, he won't have much income, and can't rebuild as fast. Once you've scored a high relation, just recruit him like you would any other lord.

Aetheus said:
phorest said:

Well, the whole point of Conquest is to conquer, is it not? If you wish to belong to a "faction", you can still seek out for the claimant of the respective faction you wish to join. I'm not sure if kt0 messed with it so that you can't really join them, but the option to join them still appears in their dialogue. Although it'd be just the same as striking out on your own, since you still need to take fiefs and convince people to join you.

If I were you, I'd just enlist any friendly Lords to my cause - once you have a tons of rescued prisoners, they become extremely easy to woo. Most of them will either ask you to hunt down fugitives (which is an easy task) or train up a certain number of troops from their faction (which gives plenty of relation points - Hence why you should have a little diversity with rescued/prisoner recruited troops). I normally start asking them once the relation points are 25 or more. Don't bother trying if you have less than 20, unless you can reload save files to retry.

An even easier way is to enlist enemy Lords. Just pick one or two of them who hold few/no fiefs, and defeat them as many times as possible, releasing them everytime you win. Each time you release them, you gain 5 relationship points, and if you're picking on a lord who holds no/little fiefs, he won't have much income, and can't rebuild as fast. Once you've scored a high relation, just recruit him like you would any other lord.

Alright, I will do that. I currently have King Graveth captured and I am NOT letting him go :razz:.

And yeah, the vassalage dialogue option doesn't come up for me.

Don't worry, the Rhodoks, as a faction, are fairly weak. The only troop they have that actually pack a punch are the arbalistiers, and once you punch through their line of sight, they're pretty much toast. A lot of their troops (all except the spearmen, I think) also use blunt weapons, which should help to lower your casualties when dealing with them - even if it gets bad, you can flee and wait for your troops to recover.

Its really only the Nords you have to worry about - I got caught in a situation where I'm literally sandwiched between the hostile Khergits in the South, and the equally vicious Nords in the north. Fortunately, I had plenty of Swadian friends, so I managed to establish ground close to them and whittle down their castles through continuous, bloody assaults. Even the Khergits weren't quiet as tough as I thought they were, once I began using my house troops instead of the hodge-podge army of Swadian/Rhodok that I previously used. Ironically, its usually my archers that kill most of them, with my infantry mostly being used as shield walls.

Aetheus said:
Don't worry, the Rhodoks, as a faction, are fairly weak. The only troop they have that actually pack a punch are the arbalistiers, and once you punch through their line of sight, they're pretty much toast. A lot of their troops (all except the spearmen, I think) also use blunt weapons, which should help to lower your casualties when dealing with them - even if it gets bad, you can flee and wait for your troops to recover.

Its really only the Nords you have to worry about - I got caught in a situation where I'm literally sandwiched between the hostile Khergits in the South, and the equally vicious Nords in the north. Fortunately, I had plenty of Swadian friends, so I managed to establish ground close to them and whittle down their castles through continuous, bloody assaults. Even the Khergits weren't quiet as tough as I thought they were, once I began using my house troops instead of the hodge-podge army of Swadian/Rhodok that I previously used. Ironically, its usually my archers that kill most of them, with my infantry mostly being used as shield walls.

Is it possible to make peace treaties? Or to reduce the chance of factions declaring war on you? I try talk to Lords to make peace with me, but they say no(which is why I wanted to join a faction).

This mod was meant to be difficult. So don't even attempt to take on a castle unless you can back it up. :mrgreen: Just use your sisters help allot. Just build up first, do lot's of fights make sure to get some from companions from town. And have them build up on strength and trainer level. That will make it possible to build up your army quicker. later on if they are stronger and you decide to take on a castle set them free and use them as backup. This is really the only easy way to go, but it is still extremely hard. Try to quickly take 2 castles and give it to your sister it will help her training her army up quicker too.

phorest said:
Aetheus said:

Is it possible to make peace treaties? Or to reduce the chance of factions declaring war on you? I try talk to Lords to make peace with me, but they say no(which is why I wanted to join a faction).

There are peace treaties, but you can't offer them. Instead, the enemy will typically offer you a peace treaty. I don't know what affects the chances of them doing it, though. I had reduced the Khergits to 2 castles and a town before they offered me peace. And yet the Vaegirs offered me peace almost immediately after they declared war on me.

This mod is really awesome. been playing nonstop for almost 2 days, I have 2 castles and one city. Is there a way to recruit more lords ? because with my sister and cedrik (or cedric). it's getting hard because I have the Vaegirs, the Swadians and the Nords on my back lol :smile:

Is there a way to recruit more lords

Get friendly with a lord and ask him to join you. Aetheus suggests getting your relation to 25 or more before asking. To get a good relation with a lord you can do tasks for them or let them go after defeating them in battle, (Bear in mind that helping out villages owned by a lord will decrease your relationship with him). Once your relationship is good you can just ask them or if they are a prisoner you can ask them then also.

I tend to focus on lords who own the towns and castles i want to take because if they agree to join you, you get their fief also.

Sir William Kelland said:

Is there a way to recruit more lords

Get friendly with a lord and ask him to join you. Aetheus suggests getting your relation to 25 or more before asking. To get a good relation with a lord you can do tasks for them or let them go after defeating them in battle, (Bear in mind that helping out villages owned by a lord will decrease your relationship with him). Once your relationship is good you can just ask them or if they are a prisoner you can ask them then also.

I tend to focus on lords who own the towns and castles i want to take because if they agree to join you, you get their fief also.

Okay thank you. i thought there was a way to recruit more via the kingdom management menu. I guess I should release them instead of keeping them in prison then.

... and and another thing; if you ask a lord and he refuses ... you'll lose a few points to relation because you will have offended him. I think you lose about 3 points to relation if this happens.
  - Must admit i tend to save/reload when asking lords.

kt0 ... I was reading a discussion about female troops and skimpy female armour but it got me thinking about the times when i've played about creating female troops and messing with the sword sister troop tree creating 'amazons' and 'mountain women' and whatnot ... all sorts. But i usually get bored of so many female troops, especially when there are few men in the mix because after a battle there is relative silence because the women have no victory cries and it ruins my immersion in the game.

How about installing some sounds in your mod? There are a fair ammount of female troops after all ... and they are troops the player is likely to use seeing as they are mercs hired in taverens as well as being 'rescuable'.

I was looking for female vocals today and found this, it's less than 2mb.

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=6&orderby=date%20DESC&start=40

I havn't tried it because i don't understand python but maybe you could consider it? There are other sound mods but they're mutch bigger, although i reckon someone with your skill could pick and choose wav/mp3 files to use from many different sound mods.

Pablomagno said:
Hey Kt0 did you elimate the option for joining a faction as a vassal¿?
Yes, this is disabled intentionally. 

Sir William Kelland said:
  How about installing some sounds in your mod? There are a fair ammount of female troops after all ... and they are troops the player is likely to use seeing as they are mercs hired in taverens as well as being 'rescuable'.
It's on the list of things to do.  The list is pretty giant, though, and I'm taking a much needed break from active modding.

It's on the list of things to do.  The list is pretty giant, though, and I'm taking a much needed break from active modding.

Well, enjoy your break! It's probably well deserved.

I've made all my cosmetic alterations and am playing it now and it's great ... it's mayhem on the steppes right now, there are deserter partys all over the map and i've crushed the dark knights and taken Chalbek castle ... a wierd thing with chalbek castle though; i was leaving it and very briefly a caravan exited the castle long enough for me to stop and check it out, and then it went back in again. Similarly, in a previous game i started i took Tubulk castle and i somehow did that thing where you use your trade skill to find out what the best deals are and it told me i could buy wool at Tubulk castle? Strange, these two castles seem to be showing traits of towns? I've not taken any other castles yet so i couldn't comment on them.

I'm not sure if this was done intentionally, or if it's always been this way, but when I am in battle I usually put archers behind my infantry. I have plenty of Nord Regulars in my army and when I say a command to Archers when in battle, the Nord Regulars follow that command despite not being a ranged troop. Is this working as it should or is it a bug?

TalonAquila said:
nords carry throwing axes, i believe, which qualifies as ranged weapons, which in turn, puts them with archers.  it's the same in native.
regards,
ta

Ah yes, it is quite annoying though considering they're better as infantry roles and they don't start throwing until the enemy are quite close. Archers do a better job.

EDIT: What does honour do in this mod?

Back
Top Bottom