• Hussar

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Ranger

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Hawkeye

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

When did you guys get the armor? Do you know how much renown you had(if that's what triggers it?). Or perhaps a certain amount of fiefs?

... speaking for myself i usually get both armour and crown a short while (a day or two probably) after taking a major town, although sometimes i've been given the crown first and then get the armour a bit later .... i cant really fathom what triggers these gifts exactly but seeing as they are a 'gift from your townspeople' then it's fair to assume you at least need a town.

Sir William Kelland said:
... speaking for myself i usually get both armour and crown a short while (a day or two probably) after taking a major town, although sometimes i've been given the crown first and then get the armour a bit later .... i cant really fathom what triggers these gifts exactly but seeing as they are a 'gift from your townspeople' then it's fair to assume you at least need a town.

Alright, guess I need to choose a faction to wage war against.

Anybody else notice this bug, the door to the prisons in towns and castles you own suddenly become doors to the castle courtyard and you're no longer able to go mock your prisoners?

OCelerid said:
Anybody else notice this bug, the door to the prisons in towns and castles you own suddenly become doors to the castle courtyard and you're no longer able to go mock your prisoners?

I've noticed. And the "castle courtyard" is really just the exit of the town, in most cases. You can still use the Garrison function to pluck prisoners into your party and mock them on the field, if you want. I took Graveth out of his pit and set him free into the wilderness after I eliminated his faction.  :razz:

OCelerid said:
Also kt0 is there any documentation about what the different resources do, for me Jelkala just reveled their militaristic tradition *after i beat them down /rawr*?

Resources and their buildings:
- silver vein/silver mine:  100 denars per week/500 denars per week
- gold vein/gold mine:  250 denars per week/1000 denars per week
- wild game/hunters guild:  increased population growth at this center
- martial tradition/hall of arms:  increased recruitment rate at this center
- old grove/lumber mill:  +1 tier to recruited house archers
- iron deposit/blast furnace:  +1 tier to recruited house infantry
- wild horses/stud farm:  +1 tier to recruited house cavalry.

so the first is the 'discovered' resource and the second is the improvement you build upon it correct? Also can a center have more than 1 resource?

hi!
kt0, I have one question about units - I know how to upgrade a Men at Arms to ex. Hussar or Cavalier, but I can't upgrade Seregant and Sige Archer to better nuits (Centurion/Haweye). how to do it?
and a one small request - please, make a peace treaty option, that make me nervous, then I have a three wars without peace option...
and I must say, it's great mod. if you make a extensive diplomacy, it will be sweet :smile: now, I only play Conquest, it's my favourite mod on M&B.
regards!

You can't, if you already chose the cavalry as your signature house troop. The other troop lines will stop at Siege Archer and Sergeant, and can't be upgraded further then that.

And there is a peace treaty option, but funnily enough, only the enemies can initiate it. The Vaegirs declared war against me, and after failing to steal a castle from me (my 200 vs their 500 - thank god for those Rangers), they offered me peace a week later. I promptly accepted, since I was still busy making Nord lords defect and crushing the weakened Khergits. I dunno what affects the chances of a peace offer, though. The Vaegirs had a pretty large land base at that time, and they weren't at war with anybody but me ...

Vaegirs have offered me peace more than once, yet nobody els has.

Looks like Vaegirs are more likely to give peace offers.

How can I get more house troops??
I am at war with the vaegirs...and...I run out of archers!! jajaja!

I have a loot of croosbowman from swadia, since I am the ruler of Suno and Praven...
But I like Archers! I have some Rangers..but I need more archer fellows...

Some advise?

Betoxico said:
How can I get more house troops??
I am at war with the vaegirs...and...I run out of archers!! jajaja!

I have a loot of croosbowman from swadia, since I am the ruler of Suno and Praven...
But I like Archers! I have some Rangers..but I need more archer fellows...

Some advise?

Pretty sure the Academy will give you more House troops to recruit

I was only offered a peace treaty from the swadian and not even 2 seconds later they declared war on me, and i was hoping to get some peace and quite after a war that lasted a month :/ burnt a bloody hole in my pocket...But as of yet no one else has declared war on me, even though the Vaegir's are kind enough to partrol my lands for me :3 good old buddys they are...i think I destroy them last..

I've had a quick peek at v.07 and it looks fab, ... i was a bit dissapointed with the warhammer but the two hander sword is excellent ( i love that glamdril art) and the lance is one of my favourites too and i can actually kill people with it unlike many lances i've tried.

I'm curious to find out what the black khergits and dark knights are up to ... are they taking fiefs? Do they have any lords i could recruit?

... but for now i'm still giving various troops a makeover after installing HEAPS of items from 'prophesy of Pendor', 'rise of khergits', 'native expansion' 'lords and realms', and the 'viking OSP' pack ...  and what a time consuming headache that is i tell you! It must have taken a solid 24 hours to do that lot ... but the end result will be worth it. - My house troops remain the same apart from new kit, the style pretty mutch the same but a few 'barbarian' influences thrown in. Black khergit, Dark knights, Khergits, Nords and Mercs, and also lords and ladies are all getting a makeover ... in fact probably the swadians, veigers and rhodoks will get some attention too. - Mercs are all gonna be real 'barbariany' types.

Hopefully in a day or so i'll actually get to play.

- but someone tell me what the black khergits and dark knights are up to please?

Black Khergits and Dark Knights are honestly just kind of there, in my game both have already lost their castles to one of the main factions, just like an extra bandit type now.

OCelerid said:
so the first is the 'discovered' resource and the second is the improvement you build upon it correct?
Correct.
Also can a center have more than 1 resource?
Nope, just one.
  I'm curious to find out what the black khergits and dark knights are up to ... are they taking fiefs? Do they have any lords i could recruit?
At the moment these guys are there to serve as a) more interesting/difficult bandit types (as requested) and b) less difficult centers to take.  We have plans for them in the unforseeable future.
  - but someone tell me what the black khergits and dark knights are up to please?
Mayhem!

... so, if take the black knights or black khergits only castles they'll still spawn like regular bandits even though they have no fief? And if so will they spawn from right underneath my castle?!

Anyway i love what you've done there ... giving them fiefs, and as you say providing a more interesting proposition than regular bandits and filling that gap between the small bandit groups and whole kingdom armys.

And by the way kt0, whilst i was rummaging about in the itemkinds1.txt i noticed that you spelt the mesh name for the bow case of the fast bow wrong ... i checked with the black bow spelling (they use the same bowcase right?).

And maybe i'm mistaken but looking at the stats of the house infantry and veterans ... the weapon proficiencys seem to be better for the level 1 troops than for the level 2 troops? (maybe the level 2's have better equipment? ... i didn't look).

... so, if take the black knights or black khergits only castles they'll still spawn like regular bandits even though they have no fief? And if so will they spawn from right underneath my castle?!
Once they no longer own the castle, they stop spawning.

And by the way kt0, whilst i was rummaging about in the itemkinds1.txt i noticed that you spelt the mesh name for the bow case of the fast bow wrong ... i checked with the black bow spelling (they use the same bowcase right?).
Good eyes.  Fixed now.

And maybe i'm mistaken but looking at the stats of the house infantry and veterans ... the weapon proficiencys seem to be better for the level 1 troops than for the level 2 troops? (maybe the level 2's have better equipment? ... i didn't look).
They seem to be within the expected tolerance.  The code that generates weapon proficiencies has a random element in it up to 10+10% though now that I've messed with the troop formats more, I'll probably change it to be less than that. 

They stop spawning once they have their castles taken? That's news to me. Its been a month since the Nords took over the Black Khergit castle, and I still see Black Khergits running around whenever I patrol Narra.

I think I'd be cool if we could, you know, recruit them as patrols or something after we sacked their castle. Perhaps make it so that we have to pay fat sacks of gold to acquire their service, although that might not be an obstacle, since by mid-game, I'm raking in 30k or so a week despite having to shell out paychecks for 800 (600 garrisoned, 200 in party) troops.

It's possible something's broken but the intent was for them to go away once their castle was taken.  It might be that the guys you see are just leftover from when they were active. 

Hiring them if you conquer them is an interesting idea.  I'll ponder that.

Back
Top Bottom