Competitive changes for future tourneys

Users who are viewing this thread

Refusing to play Khergits "because they are Khergits" is dumb and I don't get what's up with people actually thinking that. Ciiges told me on ts he "won't play Khergits even if you balance them perfectly", wat. Why don't you take a look at my most recent changes and actually look at how I'm changing every aspect of them so that they're not even "Horse archers" anymore, they're archers who are on slow af horses from which they cannot shoot without being incredibly inaccurate, so can only use the horses as transport to get around the map.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
They're also capable of having mail armour in the 1st round. Removing awlpikes from cav will most likely mean teams will start utilising the tank inf more, particularly on open maps.

I won't take this 'balance' mod seriously if Gibby refuses to remove awlpikes from cav or do something about nord javs.

I already lowered Nord power throw if you take a look at my changes^^, I can lower it one point further, and lower their throwing proficiency too to make them less accurate, but it's at the same level as Sarranids in my current version. Concerning awlpikes, I don't know how to do something even if I wanted to. I can increase their cost but it won't show client-side so it will lead to confusion and won't really work.

Tank inf on open maps have to use lances instead of short awlpikes cause you can't afford both; you may be able to use one inf to drop one for the other and the cav drops a shield for said inf, but even then the potato helmet makes you vulnerable. If someone else is capable of creating (I heard Azan had made it already???) something which prevents cav using awlpikes I will put it into my mod and see how it works.

If enough people want this I can put it in^

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Fietta said:
As Swadia you bait the infantry into the open because you know you can't face them in infantry fights, if you get rid of Swadian long awlpikes on horseback, how are Swadia gonna win?

what are you talking about? Pretty sure people want Long Awlpikes removes from cav, not inf. Swadians already have the best snowball potential, and the best spears. They're also capable of having mail armour in the 1st round. Removing awlpikes from cav will most likely mean teams will start utilising the tank inf more, particularly on open maps.

I won't take this 'balance' mod seriously if Gibby refuses to remove awlpikes from cav or do something about nord javs.

Since we were on the topic of removing swadian long awlpikes from cav, I didn't think I'd need to specify since it was the current topic. On closed map how is 'having the best spears' mean you'll win infantry fights?, the Swadian infantry are extremely poor and you can't deny that fact. The removal of the lawps from cavalry means how will Swadia do any damage on a map like sandi'boush?, you could argue the fact that "Hey bois Swadia cavalry is still stronger hur dur" but without any damage as Swadia then they're literally **** with their swords unless they get buffed. Swadia can tank up after the first round but that's an if and if you remove long awlpikes then that chance is extremely slim. What's the point of even having Long Awlpikes in general as they won't be chosen over a short awlpike if they were removed from cavalry? If you look at who wins closed maps as Swadia, it sure hell aint the infantry, it's the lawps on cav. Once Awlpikes aren't able to be used on horseback in closed maps I can guarantee we'd see a huge decline of winning as Swadia as a result of imbalance.

Half the reason inf don't take long awlpikes is because they don't want to risk giving them to enemy cav. When you take that out of the equation then I'd expect most teams will either run 1 or 2 tank inf with lances on open, or 1 or 2 inf with long awlpikes. 

Awlpikes are the best spears in the game, you yourself even utilise how broken (this applies to lances/pikes also) they are in conjunction with the speed multiplier.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Half the reason inf don't take long awlpikes is because they don't want to risk giving them to enemy cav. When you take that out of the equation then I'd expect most teams will either run 1 or 2 tank inf with lances on open, or 1 or 2 inf with long awlpikes. 

Awlpikes are the best spears in the game, you yourself even utilise how broken (this applies to lances/pikes also) they are in conjunction with the speed multiplier.

People don't use long awlpikes because they're slow, I couldn't give a toss about if I risk giving them one considering the fact the 3 long awlpikes you drop to cav risk losing theirs too. They just bounce and are slow compared to a short awlpike, the short awlpikes are long enough to not get outranged easy (decent range) and are stupidly quick. People use warspears instead of a lance because a lance is slow. Most cavalry men don't just run into your awlpike, they come quick around corners and with a short awlpike you can stop them when they're stupidly close, try and stop a cav right behind you with a longy.

Tomorrow I'm getting a test done with Swadia vs Nords on closed so we will see how their respective changes affect them. I'm going to record this one so people can get a look at the differences for themselves.

Are damage modifiers possible to be done server side? Would enjoy seeing the normal spear and war spear getting a buff versus horses. I just think it's ridiculous that a cav can get stopped by one and leave virtually unpunished

Guaccmoleboy said:
Are damage modifiers possible to be done server side? Would enjoy seeing the normal spear and war spear getting a buff versus horses. I just think it's ridiculous that a cav can get stopped by one and leave virtually unpunished

+1

I'd say it should be applied to all inf spears though. But the problem has more to do with Hunters imo. A nerf to their HP/Armour would be more suitable. Would also encourage people to take tank horses.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Guaccmoleboy said:

+1

I'd say it should be applied to all inf spears though. But the problem has more to do with Hunters imo. A nerf to their HP/Armour would be more suitable. Would also encourage people to take tank horses.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom