Companions randomly Bartering castles for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont know where else to put this issue so i think here is best. I recently made my own kingdom and have a few companions, a few of which i keep in my party and two of which govern my only two castles. After a while of being at war with vlandia where not really much combat was going on as i dont like to be too aggressive and expansive i had a message banner come up saying "barter offer accepted" i hadnt made any barters and had no idea what this message was about as i had never seen this message randomly pop up. So out of curiosity i find the nearest person i can and open up the barter menu and see if i can see anything amiss. Everything seemed to be in order until i noticed that on top of my original two castles which were governed by 2 of my companions, i had suddenly acquired a third, namely "Ustokol castle" an originally Sturgian settlement which Vlandia had taken over.

Why this settlement was randomly bartered to me i have no idea, i had no desire to own this settlement as atm i am quite content to build up my first two castles and villages. so i chalked this up to the game farting. I also checked to see if any lords had defected to my side and brought their castles with them, THANKFULLY this wasnt the case... phew.

So i had a look at all the Sturgian clans and gave it to the clan that had no settlements (as it is a Sturgian settlement even though it was most recently Vlandian) "that was odd" i thought to myself and continued playing.

A while later as i was doing nothing specific in particular this message popped up again "barter offer accepted" i immediately stopped what i was doing and scanned the map, and low and behold another Vlandian castle had been randomly given to me, this time it was "ormanford castle" (vlandia with whom i am still at war with) Now this problem is getting on my nerves as i dont want to expand just yet and if this keeps happening im going to end up with loads of castles which i dont want.

Why is this happening? who is making these barters and giving me settlements? (i can only think its my companions as they are the only people in my clan) And why are the Vlandians accepting these barters? what are they being given that is worth a castle? i only have about 100k gold and i dont see any random fluctuations in money

This definately should NOT be happening and its ruining the game, please can this be looked into as to what could cause this.

Also some of my companions do have the "everything has a price" perk (which allows trading of settlements) i have currently edited this out of their perks and will see if the issue persists. if so this perk needs a reword to stop this happening. I will update when i have tested more

Edit: I have looked at which vlandian clan has no settlements, and its ruler was Ecarand of Dey Folcun when trying to find where he was so i could return the castle i saw that he was was actually my prisoner in one of my castles. he was just ransomed (not by me!!) 1 ingame day ago which was the same day that his castle (i assume it was his as now his clan has no fiefs, and Vlandia is still owning all their other settlements) was transferred to my kingdom. So it seems my companion governer with whom i left him prisoner with decided to Ransom him in exchange for his castle. That should NOT happen. Awaiting more time to pass to see if removing "everything has a price perk" fixes this issue

Edit: after removing the perk "everything has a price" from both myself and my companions i still get a message saying "barter offer accepted" after a while of leaving prisoners in companion governed castles, but instead of recieving a castle i instead get a normal amount of gold for ransom, as it should be. i think the perk is buggy and causing people to release their castles on a whim just because they were asked to.

Last edited:
Hey, you made him governor. Can't blame him if he's undertaking.

No but in all seriousness, I noticed the same issue, but at the time I didn't make the link for the fiefs. I did think it was strange i sometimes randomly had fiefs that I hadn't assigned myself. But my kingdom was on a conquering spree, so I thought that was the cause. This makes more sense though.

It's not even related to the perk than, as none of my companions have high enough trade to do this. I do though.

Hey, you made him governor. Can't blame him if he's undertaking.

No but in all seriousness, I noticed the same issue, but at the time I didn't make the link for the fiefs. I did think it was strange i sometimes randomly had fiefs that I hadn't assigned myself. But my kingdom was on a conquering spree, so I thought that was the cause. This makes more sense though.

It's not even related to the perk than, as none of my companions have high enough trade to do this. I do though.

I dont mind him ransoming the prisoner after a while, i just store them to keep them from trying to raid my villages abit (this guy tried like 4 times in a row, so this time i captured him and chucked him in jail) but dont b giving me castles for every guy i throw in prison lol.

so your companions dont even have that perk? i have the perk so i might try getting rid of it from myself as well, see if that helps. if it doesnt ill just give the prisoner to a different kingdom im not at war with if i really wanna keep them in jailtime for abit

lmfao that sounds like a feature not a bug. Maybe the bug part of it should be that he released the castle entirely too easily but having a companion actively working to expand the kingdom is awesome imo.

lmfao that sounds like a feature not a bug. Maybe the bug part of it should be that he released the castle entirely too easily but having a companion actively working to expand the kingdom is awesome imo.
that sounds awesome I can understand your personal irritation, but at the same time I would love that...

yea it is a kind of cool feature but its too broken. when lords ransom for like 2k gold and instead of paying 2k they give you a castle and its surrounding villages which will make you something like 500gold per day, it is kind of ridiculous. at any rate it shouldnt be working like this as its definately a bug that this happens. i got rid of the "everything has a price" perk both from all my companions and myself, and now my companions periodically ransom a prisoner for gold, something like 2k gold if i leave the prisoner in a castle they govern.

Back
Top Bottom