SP - General Companions could make comment on current events & news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lornloth00

Knight at Arms
Companions could make comments about geography, their origins, current events, faction news, nobility news, opinions about nobles and notables and news on the party. This would take a huge amount of randomize dialogue for each type of companion so that each companion would appear to be a unique individual without the dialogue being repetitive. Each companion can have biases and favoritism on topics based upon their traits and other factors which will result in them making a various comments.

An example is a companion that does not like certain places, factions or cultures. This companion may even dislike another companion because they are of a certain culture. Some companions may show positive opinions of other companions. Companions may even demonstrate dislike of the player by criticizing the players decisions and actions. A companion may make derogatory comments about Battanians or Khuzaits. A companion may not like fighting certain cultures because of their origins while another companion from that culture is apathetic. It seems that some companions do make comments about raiding caravans and villages so maybe other comments with many variations can occur.

Dialogue could be coded with using loop statements of arrays of strings of many alternate versions of the same type of dialogue.
Instead of just having a character say something one way they can have 10 or more ways to convey the same information with the use of coding in the dialogue to give the illusion of variety and to appear to not be as repetitive.

This game has a lot of dialogue through out it that gets repetitive and predictable plus some of it is not as well written. How times have players read, "I do not wish to fight you"? I wish there were more variation that conveys the same information with the use of coding trickery with things like loop statements, case statements and arrays. Another trick to vary dialog is to use the randomization of synonyms so that some words and phrases are randomized so that the game feels more real and convincing with just a little trickery with coding.

"I do not wish to fight you", could be said many different ways that can convey the information different ways to give the game the appearance variation.
Here are some examples of variations the phrase "I do not wish to fight you":
"I do not wish to battle you"
"I wish not to fight you"
"I wish not to fight your party"
"I dread fighting you"
"Must we fight?"
"We mustn't fight"
"We mustn't battle"

With just a flip of a coin in coding the gaming experience is expanded by just randomizing this very repetitive dialog. This very information could have conditions cause it to be different depending upon characteristics of each character. There could be 50 ways to convey the same information with randomization.

This game has a lot of dialogue through out it that gets repetitive and predictable plus some of it is not as well written. How times have players read, "I do not wish to fight you"? I wish there were more variation that conveys the same information with the use of coding trickery with things like loop statements, case statements and arrays. Another trick to vary dialog is to use the randomization of synonyms so that some words and phrases are randomized so that the game feels more real and convincing with just a little trickery with coding.

"I do not wish to fight you", could be said many different ways that can convey the information different ways to give the game the appearance variation.
Here are some examples of variations the phrase "I do not wish to fight you":
"I do not wish to battle you"
"I wish not to fight you"
"I wish not to fight your party"
"I dread fighting you"
"Must we fight?"
"We mustn't fight"
"We mustn't battle"

With just a flip of a coin in coding the gaming experience is expanded by just randomizing this very repetitive dialog. This very information could have conditions cause it to be different depending upon characteristics of each character. There could be 50 ways to convey the same information with randomization.
I like the idea.... but remember, Bannerlord is officially translated into 5-10 languages and offers to mods to translate to even more. Building code that supports synonym exchanges or any other editing to the stored texts would be a huge job - if even possible. Modded translations can probably forget this. Breaking existing mods are one thing but breaking exisiting modability is likely a no-go.

Companions could make comments about geography, their origins, current events, faction news, nobility news, opinions about nobles and notables and news on the party. This would take a huge amount of randomize dialogue for each type of companion so that each companion would appear to be a unique individual without the dialogue being repetitive. Each companion can have biases and favoritism on topics based upon their traits and other factors which will result in them making a various comments.

An example is a companion that does not like certain places, factions or cultures. This companion may even dislike another companion because they are of a certain culture. Some companions may show positive opinions of other companions. Companions may even demonstrate dislike of the player by criticizing the players decisions and actions. A companion may make derogatory comments about Battanians or Khuzaits. A companion may not like fighting certain cultures because of their origins while another companion from that culture is apathetic. It seems that some companions do make comments about raiding caravans and villages so maybe other comments with many variations can occur.
+1 immersion! At least companions and familymembers in player party should have this!

Back
Top Bottom