Companion SubMod

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey great news  :grin:
Ive been looking forward to your authentic companion name changes DerHerbst, Idibil and the 1.4 team have been thinking about releasing the content for ppl to play with, so this could be implemented quite quickly if they do.

Will you change the names for the original companions to make things a bit more interesting and fresh?

I deleted all of the work I did earlier on but I don't mind starting from scratch again.  Here's a list of what I did last time and what I'll do this time.

1) Each name meaning is linked to the personality/skills of the character.  So for example, I renamed Juan Kenobi to Bairrfhionn which is Gaelic for marksman, since he is an archer.

2) The starting gear of each NPC is tied to their ethnicity, weapons skills etc.  Monolito (spearman) is now named Gerke (Frisian for Strength of the Spear).  He starts out with gloves, greaves, Frisian helmet, white lorica, angons, spear, and black shield.  Howitz (archer) is now named Aelhaearn (Welsh for Iron Bow).  Since he is a skilled archer I gave him gloves, rich carabatinae, sleeveless mail (looks Welsh/Celtic), Briton helm, Dark Hunter, arrows, Briton sword, black shield.

3)If an NPC doesn't start out with body armor, then his dress will reflect his culture/status.  So an NPC of Gaelic/Celtic culture will be dressed in a pictish/godelic clothing whereas an Anglo-Saxon will have tunics from that culture.  The quality of the tunic will reflect that character's status as well.  I basically tried to make everything as accurate as possible given the types of items available.

4) Each NPC is now guaranteed to start with a minimum of gloves, greaves or carabatinae, lang seax, projectile, and plain black shield.  I tried to make an even amount of lite, medium and heavy payloads.

5) I raised/lowered the weapon/special skills of each NPC to make them more realistic.  For example one of the original submod companions had a 1-Handed weapon skill of over 300.  I thought that was too high so I lowered every NPC weapon proficiency to below 200, usually 125, 150 or 175 depending on the weapon in question.

Here is a chart of name changes and skill changes:

newcompanionsubmod.jpg

Since I lost all of the changes I made to the dialogues I will have to do that from the beginning.  That took a LONG time but I don't mind doing it all over again

This is great news  :smile: I love companions, i would have just comps if they were available.

To fit with the game i would have them start with the same gear and levels as there AI counterparts so they would cost the same etc.
It would take a while to gear and lvl up their skills but that would be realistic.

My current game I had just taken a castle and left most of my army there while i went to recruit more men. I had my bodyguard of 40 comps all with wolf lorn, longbows, 2h axe and 40 saethydds.
I looked away for a second to find i had been attacked by a lord with 600+ men  :roll:  Sugar Honey Ice Tea i thought, this is the end but I wasn't going to surrender without a fight, to my suprise we won :shock:
All my time and money spent on my companion guard had really paid off :twisted:

This submod will make me have to start all over again  :lol:  Maybe ill play on easy for the first week or so  :lol: just to catch up a little.

Good news!  I am pretty sure my editing has worked!  I've been subjecting my party of companions to the worst conditions possible.  I've run out of food for over 2 months now, I've sacked every monastery on the map, lost every battle I've fought and even tried to seduce each companion. 

Our party morale is as low as can possibly be.  They all hate me with intensity but NONE have tried to leave.  I think I finally found a way to make this submod work!

This very good news. thank you for putting in the big effort. will be looking forward to the release of this sub mod for brytenwalda 1.4.

DerHerbst said:
Here is a chart of name changes and skill changes:

newcompanionsubmod.jpg

Nice to see that we are going to battle with Idibil and Adorno on our side in future. Good idea, these guys will be my favourite companions. :grin:

Just seen the announcement for the soon coming ver. 1.4, how soon will it be, waiting to play Brytenwalda 1.4, but don't want to start new game without this submod, so I'm very excited. :wink:

Is there any other way to download it? i have been trying to register myself at 4shared but they didn't sent me the confirmation mail so i can't download your mod.

News!:  Alfred and I are working on releasing 2 separate versions of the submod for your customizable pleasure!

Alfred has created a 74 companion Submod with his own edits.  I will be releasing a 37 companion version with my historical names/detailed backstories/detailed dialgoues/unique skill sets/unique starting equipments etc.

We decided to release separate files mainly because I don't have enough time to create detailed stories etc for 74 companions!  I can do 37, but 74 is too much!  Instead of scrapping the 74 companion version we decided to just release both versions.  So if you want to play with 74 companions, go right ahead.  If you'd rather have 37, then go right ahead.  It's all up to you!

It looks like he has already posted his for testing.  I probably won't have mine ready for ~ a week or so.  That is totally dependent on there being zero errors which is highly unlikely. 

I tried to login with my new account but it said invalid name or password when i try to recover the password it said that the account doesn't exist. Any advice?

Fordo said:
I tried to login with my new account but it said invalid name or password when i try to recover the password it said that the account doesn't exist. Any advice?

Just make another account and log in.

I am afraid I can't download it either. I have 4shared and the download starts but in 14 attempts it reaches 0.2/809MB instantly then says "Network Error". If someone would be kind enough to reupload I would be very grateful :smile:

Lobo_loco said:
Fordo said:

Just make another account and log in.

I know i'm not the smartest in man in the world, but, I tried it with 3 different accounts and have the same problem...

@ aragontherin,  :roll: theres bound to be, you  :twisted: sob  :lol:

@ Fordo and Funkeh, sorry i dont know how to help, I will re upload it tonight so maybe that will help.

I havent found a different free site that has the 810mb needed for an upload yet.

http://www.filedropper.com/?r=t lets you upload up to 5gb for free, although I am unsure whether it can be downloaded by free users (although it would make sense that one could).

I believe places like www.rapidshare.com offer up to 2gb upload.

Back
Top Bottom