Companion likes/dislikes in Reforged

Users who are viewing this thread

matlock14

Recruit
Hi, have the companion likes and dislikes changed in reforged ?

From this thread
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323922.15.html

Egil likes Brunhild but in my party Egil's morale just keeps dropping. Everybody else is 80+ I have Egil at 11 and it keeps dropping. Brunhild is not doing well either at 30+. I had the same party in the original VC and it had no problems. I have Cloivs and Ailchu but no 2nd dislikes, i.e. Morgant and Reinhard.

My whole party is 99 so happy widows, fighting battles and such don't even do anything.
I'm playing sandbox. Please help !

matlock14 said:
Hi, have the companion likes and dislikes changed in reforged ?

From this thread
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323922.15.html

Egil likes Brunhild but in my party Egil's morale just keeps dropping. Everybody else is 80+ I have Egil at 11 and it keeps dropping. Brunhild is not doing well either at 30+. I had the same party in the original VC and it had no problems. I have Cloivs and Ailchu but no 2nd dislikes, i.e. Morgant and Reinhard.

My whole party is 99 so happy widows, fighting battles and such don't even do anything.
Interesting,  I have Clovis, Solveig, Alichu, Caio Abjorn, and Brunhild. Brunhild and Alichu hate each other. When they complained I sided with Alichu both times and he's solid 99 morale. Brunhild hovers 65-80 but has never left.
Here's what I do:
1) I never let my overall party morale go lower than "High."
Companion morale is affected by many things beyond their likes/dislikes.
listen to their back story when you're near their home town.
Don't retreat. They hate that.
don't loot villages Brunhild hates that.
don't attack merchants.
don't pillage monasteries
pay attention to religion it seems to matter to companions. (IDK for sure).
Gift them rings and bracelets when you can afford (3,000 a pop is unbalanced. yes unbalanced!).
Party Morale:
Always have wide variety of foods.
Fight every day.
Put skill points in Companion "Leadership" (I noticed that Party morale is influenced by "Combined Leadership" on character screen).
Rest every night
Symbel often
Happy Widow when needed for boost
Having Camp women (service them is unbalanced. 450 penningas for +3 morale) but in a pinch pimp them.
Soldiers Wives and Camp Defenders will tell you that having 30 of them will boost morale but I can't confirm this actually works.
Camp Defenders are decent archers too!
Buying ale for men in Mead Halls is so unbalanced it's NERFED! Don't bother.

Well, that's my 2 Penningas worth. Hope it helps.

? i dont think you understand what unbalanced means, it means it gives the player a big advantage, ie a 2H sword is unbalanced if it is better than all the other weapons. forgive me if thats what you meant

Thanks for the help.

I tried give him a gift, I always thought it only improves relation, and it never stopped them leaving. But after I gave Egil the gift, then after the next battle, his morale jumped to 50ish, which is good. However, over time he is now dropped back to 11 again !!!

And like I said the party morale is 99 ! When you reached 99, happy widows etc do not give more morale !!!

I tried to remove other party members and sure enough Egil's morale stopped decaying and went back up. So it appears in RE he doesn't like anyone and there are FIVE people who hates him. I have to drop him, which is a shame.

matlock14 said:
So it appears in RE he doesn't like anyone and there are FIVE people who hates him.

that is why I use the Companions Matrix  :wink:
relation_matrix.jpg
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,328368.0.html

matlock14 said:
Thanks Kalarhan, but I thougt you said it's not compatible with RE ?
"it is part of a mod pack for 1.04, so not compatible with VC RE"

Code is there if anyone wants to update. The only thing not compatible is the text files.

Or you can create a new spreedsheet for stable parties and update the thread about it  :smile:

kalarhan said:
matlock14 said:
Thanks Kalarhan, but I thougt you said it's not compatible with RE ?
"it is part of a mod pack for 1.04, so not compatible with VC RE"

Code is there if anyone wants to update. The only thing not compatible is the text files.

Or you can create a new spreedsheet for stable parties and update the thread about it  :smile:

Thanks Kalarhan.

The relation matrix seems to be still correct. Because after I kicked out Egil, same thing happened again !

I added Donnchadh and Morgant. Donnchadh likes Morgant, doesn't like Dwywei. Second dislike is Ceawlin, who is not in the party.
However the one dislike is enough to keep dropping Donnchadh's morale !!!
I had to remove Dwywei now to keep Donnchadh happy.

matlock14 said:
Thanks Kalarhan.

The relation matrix seems to be still correct. Because after I kicked out Egil, same thing happened again !

I added Donnchadh and Morgant. Donnchadh likes Morgant, doesn't like Dwywei. Second dislike is Ceawlin, who is not in the party.

It is not enough to ensure that every person has either no disliked persons or a friend and at most one dislike. AFAIK being disliked herself is just as damaging to a person's morale as actively disliking someone (even though they are not complaining themselves!), so if you want a strictly stable party you have to make sure that every person is neither disliking anyone in the party or being disliked by anyone in turn.

If you are willing to accept a compensated (by friend) dislike you can allow maximum of one dislike for each person OR one person who dislikes her (not both, unless the dislike is reciprocal) for any such person who has an another person that she actively likes in the party. This is however not as robust to morale shocks as the strictly stable party given above.

This is pretty complicated business, so this is the reason I posted the largest stable groups in the above thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323922.msg7922114.html#msg7922114

Lohi-soturi said:
matlock14 said:
Thanks Kalarhan.

It is not enough to ensure that every person has either no disliked persons or a friend and at most one dislike. AFAIK being disliked herself is just as damaging to a person's morale as actively disliking someone (even though they are not complaining themselves!), so if you want a strictly stable party you have to make sure that every person is neither disliking anyone in the party or being disliked by anyone in turn.

If you are willing to accept a compensated (by friend) dislike you can allow maximum of one dislike for each person OR one person who dislikes her (not both, unless the dislike is reciprocal) for any such person who has an another person that she actively likes in the party. This is however not as robust to morale shocks as the strictly stable party given above.

This is pretty complicated business, so this is the reason I posted the largest stable groups in the above thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323922.msg7922114.html#msg7922114

Thanks sir. That clears up everything.

I think gifting boosts relationship rather than morale. Get relation up for most companions and some new cool events begin to trigger. There's a whole thread about this in the Player mods pinned thread.

Back
Top Bottom