Community Chronicles

Users who are viewing this thread

Tardet

French Toast
Count
Header.png

A while ago, I have conducted a series of interviews among a project called Unsung Heroes and this for nearly a year. It was an amazing experience and even though the whole thing was still in its infancy, I always regretted not being able to pursue it for a longer period of time. After more than two years without conducting a single interview, I have decided to try myself to a similar exercise. I could have simply re-opened the Unsung Heroes thread and continue doing similar interviews but I also felt like the name, as well as the whole concept, was rather outdated.

The idea behind the Community Chronicles is to have a place on Taleworlds where I can publish writings at my own pace and on the subject I want. I look forward to conducting interviews but also publish articles of my own about different subjects, certain players or teams but also specificities of the native scene which I deem worthy of a discussion. I also believe lots of the older players in the community like to be given as many occasions as possible to express their nostalgia which is why I intend to take a look at past events and see what I can write about them, a bit like Deacon did with his Top 5 Greatest Warband Matches

Last but not least, this is me talking about the community, not for the community. I have received a lot of support for the previews/reviews and other hype contents I made for many tournaments and as it is not possible for me to cover each single events there is in the scene, I thought this as something to use in-between. I do not believe to be a warband expert but I feel like I have been around enough to still make most of my writing somewhat relevant. The idea isn't so much to stroke people's ego but rather to take a detailed look at what makes our scene so particular and cover more aspects than Unsung Heroes did. I don't know what Bannelord will bring at its release nor if I still will be around but for the moment, I will try to bring both my passion for this scene and the one I have for writing together, for those who are interested to read about it.

Content
SubHeader-Articles.png

The most varied content. Taking a detailed look at a certain player, team, aspect of the community, structure, etc. Length can vary depending on the subject broached, the format is one part written by myself and possibly a discussion or an input from someone relevant to said subject.
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
SubHeader-Interviews.png

Interview in a similar format to the Unsung Heroes one. The criteria for the person to be interviewed are that he/she has to be part of the native community. It can be a retired or active member. The people interviewed on Unsung Heroes are still eligible for these interviews.
SubHeader-Past.png

Title says it all. An article focusing on a famous event which happened in the past such as an iconic match, a scandal or a turning point in the scene.

Medias

Discord.png

About me

I have begun playing Warband in 2011 but for a long time, I had my focus turned on the Napoleonic Wars community where I involved myself for several years. I started playing competitive native end of 2013, joining Renegades, then later Irish Rebels, which remain to this date the only two clans I have actively played for. I have quickly discovered that my interest in the scene lay in the high amount of professionalism coming with tournaments and figured out I had like to become a part of the people working on them. From 2015 to this point, I have been involved with very different roles from an administrator of major tournaments to a simple caster, but it is definitely as a hype content writer that I have found my place, covering several events over three years with nearly a hundred of articles.
ee50307b4ab1397d49a3353d23db6a39.png

As an analyst for the WPL2 (EU) Grand Finals

AN ORIGINAL IDEA FROM TARDET, GRAPHICS BY ROSSLINGTON

Wanted to make this for quite a long time, I believe now is a good timing. Once more, thank you so much to Ross who has been making splendid graphics to embellish the OP. The first article should hopefully be coming in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom