Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

wish there will be more options in overworld like sneak marching, or fast marching modes. i really want to contribute on this mod but i'm still learning how to mod M&B myself so its still worlds off for me to contribute. oh and i really wanna see a retexture of female faces. well its beautiful in its own way but well, maybe its just me but im looking for that sexy japanese female look.. lol i guess too much anime for me :sad:

i really love your mod. hope you can update it regularly :grin:

p.s. forgot to mention that the soundtrack is awesome :grin:

I have to say that Gekokujo is one of the few excellent mods which had its own charms based on phlpp's marvelous vision. Everything within this mod was design with a personal touch, and it has turned a seemingly bunchs of OSP into a module with an unique and excellent atsmophere of Medieval Japan. And I loved the way you visionized Gekokujo development process, incoporating smart ideas from forumites and everything. Keep up the great job, Phlpp! :wink:

Just a quick question. Is it possible to Dual Wield one handers? I mean, it used to be in the Sengoku Jidai, by musashi miyamoto and stuff. Just curious, cant find a way to do it somehow..Maybe doing something wrong tho.

Musashi stressed using the twin dragon style only when in dire danger, I don't think he went dueling everyone with both swords drawn... In fact he used it as an element of surprise (by throwing the short sword at an opponent) or when vastly outnumbered, using wakizashi to take a hostage and fighting enemies off with katana.

I guess I have some sort of weird bug with freelancer? I'm a retainer for the Oda and participated in a siege where i got beat up a bit and then the next battle... I click to join the battle with my commander and get the screen telling me how many troops are going to be fighting but no option to start the battle or do anything. Just nothing.

I've tried hitting pretty much every combo of buttons i can think of and nothing. The game isn't frozen or anything either.

Looks like this:
LlEZeT6.jpg

I've tried going on leave and coming back, healing and coming back, quitting the army and joining with a different lord entirely but I always get the same result? Is it just broken or what?

Crossroad7 said:
Just saw a villager wearing 2 Kamas at the same time. So dual wielding is possible here i guess. Any tutorial on "HOW"? :smile:

The villager was wearing two kamas, not wielding two kamas. There's a difference.

I just destroyed the Mogami Clan AND the Nanbu Clan in less than a week, while starting out as a vassal of the Nanbu, and claimed all their lands as my own!
Before I started though, in a previous war with the Mogami, I took Kubota for myself and used it as my base of operations.

First, as a vassal of the Nanbu Clan. I single-handedly destroyed the Mogami and captured every single one of their castles and towns myself, claiming Yamagata Castle for my own. When I captured each single fief, I put in 30 Date Elite Spearmen - enough so that the enemy lords wouldn't automatically take them back, but not too many.
Second, I built up my garrison in Kubota until I had 600 men in the town - and I put 200 men at Yamagata Castle, while retaining a 110 strong kashindan. I also built up power and influence in other ways during this time.
And third, when I captured Yamagata Castle, the Mogami's last fief, I requested that it be awarded to me.

Then naturally, when Great Lord Nanbu refused my request, I decided to say "screw you!" and rule my fiefs in my own name.

After that;
I swept through all of the former Mogami territory - each castle had only 30 men, that I put there - and claimed four castles in one day.
I made Yoshio, Gonnosuke, Youmu and Tojiko into samurai lords and gave them each a castle. Together, they made a core of loyal lords and ladies that wouldn't betray me and would listen to my call to war.
After intercepting enemy lords one by one, and defeating Great Lord Nanbu in an intense 117 vs 330 battle, it was time to march.
Around this time, Lord Oba also decided he wanted to become my vassal - so I gave him one of my villages.

So, as ruler and marshal, I rallied our armies, gathering our forces at Kubota, then marched on Hirosaki. In a brutal 440 vs 400 battle, I took the 400 strong garrison in one push.

We then swept east, to Hachinohe Castle. The garrison here was nearly just as strong - plus two lords were defending it. But despite the fact I only had 30% health left, and all my companions were injured, we took the castle. We had about 150 injured and 70 men lost after that.

Topping up my army with fresh rescued prisoners, my lords disbanded and went to their own business because they lost too many men, but I continued onwards. I swept south and laid siege to Morioka Castle - the Nanbu's last fief. A garrison of only 20 was left, but there were 7 lords left, each averaging 20 men. So it was a 110 vs 160, and they had the home ground advantage.

But when a solid third of your army are Hatamotos, that hardly matters. So I kicked all their asses and put them to the sword. Another castle claimed.
Around the same time, a Nanbu force pushed west and took an undefended castle - Yamagata Castle. So they weren't out yet.
I topped up my forces with more prisoners, then followed the Nanbu west. I beat Great Lord Nanbu in ANOTHER 100 vs 300 engagement - the toughest battle of them all - and then laid siege to Yamagata Castle, which had a garrison of 40 men, which I pushed out easily.

Yamagata Castle was the Nanbu's last fief, and I took it.
The Nanbu, and the Mogami, were destroyed. And I did most of the work by myself.

I now own 2 towns, 5 castles, and 9 or so villages. That's not bad. After that, I accepted another Lord from another clan.
So now 6 lords too.
Isn't that "starting out" phase supposed to be the hardest part of the game? I mean, yes, I probably got 60-80 Hatamotos killed in the sheer lunacy that was the campaign I went on, but now I'm the sole ruler of all the Nanbu AND the Mogami lands, I have maximum right-to-rule, a LOT of lords all over Japan like me, and I'm absolutely loaded with cash because I have dyeworks everywhere and Kubota brings in give-or-take 10,000 mon a week.

Is it only a matter of time before I conquer Japan? I'm looking at the Date next. I really want Sendai. It looks pretty. And rich. I could do with another town. From now on, I'm only claiming towns. They seriously give you so much money that you can put a 500 man garrison and still print cold, hard cash.

Still, I'll need a lot of cash. It took me several tens of thousands of mon to train all those Hatamotos. I'll need quite a bit more. Hmm. What to do? I'll figure that out tomorrow, I guess.

Good times. Japan will be mine.

Talinoth: you should post a screenshot of your character in your best armor and then also in your civilian clothes (if you use any)  :grin:

but i'm also guilty of not posting screenshots, so here goes:

newpolearm.jpg

newpolrer.jpg

newpoltnt.jpg

newpollpl.jpg

newpolbwb.jpg

i've removed 6 polearms and replaced them with 31 new ones. i believe there were originally 7 in 2.1 -- the bamboo yari is the only one that stayed.

i completed almost all of the weapon models last week but it's taking a while to integrate them -- i only finished putting all the polearms into BRFs and entering them into the module system today.

up next: finish the tantos (models complete), finish the nagamakis and ninjatos (models almost complete), and begin on the new kanabo and tetsubo models (not yet started), then that'll be it for the melee weapons. up next will be missile weapons like shurikens and 3 to 4 new tiers of yumi

note that ninjatos, as we conceive of them, are a fictional weapons that were invented in the 20th century. real life ninjas tried to blend in, so they never used a weapon that stood out. but, as i've stressed before, gekokujo isn't a historical sim, so there will be several ninjatos to choose from, and ninjas will have an optional set of clothes that are hooded and all-black

Clone1710 said:
Sounds excellent.
You could use the ninja gear for ambush events in towns, rather than the generic bandits.

Thats a great idea.

Btw phlpp have you added actual Samurai 'Topnot' hair for the next patch?

Well it made sense that semi-historically speaking, ninja weapons would mostly be a variant of a farming tool (considering their job is to blend in). Perhaps replace the iron bo with a sharpened hoe :lol: , give the player a war kama (or a even more ninja like kama?) and keep shurikens/kunai since they are supposed to be concealable.

I just took a few screenshots. Maybe 17 or so?

I have no idea how to upload them. I will rectify that lack of knowledge momentarily. I always manage to get things done somehow.

NEVERMIND, it's done. Figured it out myself.

Sho, Tetsurou - The Ryukyu Prince that will conquer Japan... starting from the north?!
hr3d.jpg

My conquered lands! To the victor go the spoils.
gwa3.jpg

Only a newborn clan, yet so powerful already.
47ti.jpg
It didn't have to end like this you know? We could have sorted this out peacefully!
c2td.jpg

2n52.jpg

The Oyakata has arrived, and he's here to kick your ass.
bil0.jpg

hhik.jpg

kb7z.jpg

When Tetsurou is wandering Japan and leaving a burning trail in his path, sometimes he likes to talk to his favourite Guild Master...
e8w2.jpg

And on other occasions he practices the way of the sword!
ctxj.jpg

hsdm.jpg

rxjc.jpg

I actually had quite a bit of fun taking these :razz:

Back
Top Bottom