Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Things wrong with this mod that I've noticed so far

Appointing a Chamberlain has a bug in which you no longer receive rents from a fief
Wierd T-Shape poses of gunmen when preparing to fire
Muskets do not switch to polearm mode after pressing X
No Animation on Overhead/Thrust on Polearm mode of muskets, goes to the T-shape pose
Some dialogues have not been changed from Native - companion, refers to female as "sir"
Marriage screen in a european castle

I'm not sure I've listed them all, but, MOST IMPORTANTLY

Lags in the World Map whenever there is a diplomatic change (1-2 seconds)
Also, the map/game design is too big. Try asking a Lady for ongoing feasts. You should get a text wall, similar to the lines of:

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

Talinoth said:
Well, I can see everybody's been doing their research 0.0. It's good to see that thought and research was put into the content before it was added it - it really shows.

As a suggestion it would be good to make some special quests (if that is possible) for legendary swords (example Kusanagi, the sword that kami Susa-no-o found in Orochi's tale, after hi killing him), kami Izanagi's sword Ohabari, and there are some that actually exist but they were lost, or locked somewhere, still need to read those books about it. Only suggestion nothing more.

When I read more about swords and school I'll update.

The suggestion of putting in a quest or two to hunt for legendary swords is not a bad idea, and I imagine it's one that would work very well with this mod, considering when it's set and the number of seriously cool swords floating around this time period. Any excuse for new content is good! Ah, the thought of picking up Honjo Masamune and then using it to kill 100 or so guys in one siege defense... It makes me tingly inside.

Speaking of excuses for new content...

Phlpp, I think you mentioned something earlier about more interplay between the bandit and merchant factions specifically, and new quests and missions related to that. I think that's a really awesome idea - I've got enough to do in the game right now, what with trying to find a strong noble family to associate with in order to increase my right to rule, finding a well-connected wife (preferably in the same family) and relentlessly kicking the crap out of the Date Clan to acquire experience and loot - but it was a bit sparse earlier on, especially when nobody wanted to give me quests.

---

On a completely different note, I've just noticed how... iconic Gekokujo's music selection is. It gives Gekokujo an extremely unique flavour compared to other mods. I actually listened to some Touhou music, and thought "Holy ****, this is from Gekokujo!" instead of the other way around :razz:

I think the only thing missing from Warband, really, was kickass music while you're slaughtering a hundred or so enemies with a gigantic sword during a siege. Now you can slaughter that many people with a gigantic sword WHILE listening to kickass music! :grin: I get how it can be jarring for some people (it actually was a little for me at first) but now the music is so familiar to me it's just "Heh, that sounds like Gekokujo!".

I'm keenly aware that all of the music is from other places (quite varied placed too actually) yet at the same time, it all just sounds like my favourite mod.

Making sieges actually seriously fun + putting really awesome music in for them = I'm seriously motivated to conquer Japan before you update Gekokujo again.

i really like the music as well... can you possibly give me the names of the songs in gekokujo?

phlpp said:
the mp3 metadate should still be in the files, but i'm going to pm you the track list after i make this post

Can the world map lag whenever diplomatic changes happen be fixed?

It is better to just but a high end card then to overclock it I don't need to overclock my ram for I put more in it last night now running at 32gb had some around the place. Only thing I don't like about pc you need to keep putting money in to it to  be good. as ps4 and xbox one <---- (gay ass name) there set as is if they had this game on ps4 and xbox one I would take it and play it on it XD

Can we get a troop tree in our camp menu like brytenwalda?

Its really tough to have to run around training everything just see see the differences

I'll try to integrate one of the troop tree viewers soon. It'll be necessary this time around -- I'm going to screw around with the troop tree a lot and introduce new ones. The Kaga Ikki will now have three separate troop trees -- peasants (recruited from the villages, they will not be identical to the ashigaru), monks (recruited from cities), and samurai (recruited from castles, and they will not be called retainers). all the elite unit tiers will be in the monk line

Tros said:
Things wrong with this mod that I've noticed so far

Appointing a Chamberlain has a bug in which you no longer receive rents from a fief
Muskets do not switch to polearm mode after pressing X
No Animation on Overhead/Thrust on Polearm mode of muskets, goes to the T-shape pose
Some dialogues have not been changed from Native - companion, refers to female as "sir"

I'm not sure I've listed them all, but, MOST IMPORTANTLY

Lags in the World Map whenever there is a diplomatic change (1-2 seconds)
Also, the map/game design is too big. Try asking a Lady for ongoing feasts. You should get a text wall, similar to the lines of:

*massive rant here*

Have you patched your download yet? If you're not on update 2.1 that could explain long lag with Diplomacy and the T-Shape poses.

Give it time. Gekokujo's far from released and still has a lot of features and bug fixes waiting for it down the line.

I've never had the chamberlain bug.
I didn't even know you could use muskets in melee here.. Not sure why you'd want to either - everyone has a backup weapon anyway, and these muskets don't have bayonets. I know it's something you could do in With Fire and Sword, but that game had lots of other strange things too, like grenades. Anyway, get used to pulling out another weapon.
The dialogue issues are there, yeah, but I think pretty much all of them are getting fixed net update.
Marriage screen in a European castle - I had to deal with that myself, lol. Yes, it is slightly jarring, but the mod isn't finished yet, and using the default marriage scene from native Warband is better than disabling the marriage system entirely. Just give this some time.

Lag on the game map whenever diplomacy changes - I think that's a problem with the plugin itself, if anything - the only thing I know he can do is make diplomacy happen much more slowly. I'm afraid it's simply a drawback of having so many different factions. Plus, the lag isn't really that bad tbh - then again, there are about 6 or 7 dead factions in my game now, so there are significantly less interactions.
Also, the problem was drastically reduced - to the point of being next to gone - when I updated to 2.1.

As for the map being too big? This is pretty standard for total conversion mods in Warband, tbh. I like Gekokujo because it's actually SMALLER than a lot of the others. Brytenwalda? Ridiculously large - 2 to 4 times the size of this map, and easily two times as many factions as well. Blue Blood? Don't get me started. The Game of Thrones mod, the Wheel of Time mod, and even Prophesy of Pendor has a larger map than Native.. In the grand scale of things, Native Warband is a VERY small map and Gekokujo's in the middle.

As for asking ladies for ongoing feasts, that's just simply because Warband wasn't intended to have so many factions. Having less factions wouldn't fit the time period after all - this is Sengoku era Japan, there were different samurai clans and other factions EVERYWHERE. It also has to do with there being more towns and castles too - more places to have feasts in. Another thing you'll quickly get used to. This isn't a problem with Gekokujo - it's more of a problem with Warband itself, and any mod that does something drastically different from the Native module tbh.

You've addressed some good points. I think phlpp is fixing a lot of the lag and script errors and stuff like that...
If the map is too grand for you, you're not going to like many Warband mods at all I'm afraid.

Tros said:
How do i check my version if it is 2.1a?

Idk how to see but you can download patch off dowload page its not the full download so only take about 30 sec with good int. Now with the map I Love how big it is, do not every redo the map to a smaller size

Only thing I still get is this

ApolloTheDragon said:
It is better to just but a high end card then to overclock it I don't need to overclock my ram for I put more in it last night now running at 32gb had some around the place. Only thing I don't like about pc you need to keep putting money in to it to  be good. as ps4 and xbox one <---- (gay ass name) there set as is if they had this game on ps4 and xbox one I would take it and play it on it XD
Ram is fine at 1333mhz if you're just gaming with it. I'm doing some video work with mine as well, so I had to oc mine. Also as for putting more gb in, most game .exe only use about 2gb ram. IIRC games like skyrim and M&B have 3gb flags now and most console ports don't go over 1.2-1.6gb of ram. Having 32gb of ram is redundant unless you run servers or in my case, use your home computer to visualize proteins. I'll recommend 8gb to ensure you can game smoothly while still being able to keep computer related stuff open and running in the background (If it's still too slow for your liking, it's the HDD bottleneck. Get a solid state drive and feel the cold breeze against your naked skin). But having said that, I've recently changed mine to a dual channel kit for 16gb 2400mhz rams for my 2013 bday present to myself <3. Pretty sure I don't need an upgrade until at least PS5/6 comes out.

Also, consoles are sold at a loss. That's why they are so cheap. But consoles don't have steam sales :razz:.

Ok just here to point out some bugs (maybe) the hakata castle has some misaligned walls it looks very weird from the inside and you can see through it on the outside as well as the inside (you can also shoot through it aswell) dont know if its intentional or not but just pointing it out

also kumamoto's castle has a misaligned step and because of that troops can get stuck between it and the wall i took screnies during gameplay but for some reason steam didnt accept? take? the screenshot so i cant really show where it is exactly =(

Ram is fine at 1333mhz if you're just gaming with it. I'm doing some video work with mine as well, so I had to oc mine. Also as for putting more gb in, most game .exe only use about 2gb ram. IIRC games like skyrim and M&B have 3gb flags now and most console ports don't go over 1.2-1.6gb of ram. Having 32gb of ram is redundant unless you run servers or in my case, use your home computer to visualize proteins. I'll recommend 8gb to ensure you can game smoothly while still being able to keep computer related stuff open and running in the background (If it's still too slow for your liking, it's the HDD bottleneck. Get a solid state drive and feel the cold breeze against your naked skin). But having said that, I've recently changed mine to a dual channel kit for 16gb 2400mhz rams for my 2013 bday present to myself <3. Pretty sure I don't need an upgrade until at least PS5/6 comes out.

Also, consoles are sold at a loss. That's why they are so cheap. But consoles don't have steam sales :razz:.

I can see why its better to keep under 8 gb most of the time I also dislike how most game that are coming out are now at 2gb only really can use much but its still better then nothing. I have a 1TB SATA hard drive. but I'll looking one to go faster then this one can't remember the speed on it.

Clone1710 said:
Any help on how to move my residence?  :???:

I had the same problem... felt kind of dumb afterwards. :???:

You need a silk cloth (red; ~1000 mon; velvet in vanilla I believe), not a hemp cloth, to move your court. You can move it to a castle or town you own once you've established your own faction.

Thats good to hear! I really liked the troop tree option in brytenwalda

Another note.  It seems the auto loot function is bugged.

When selecting armor/Horse upgrade or weapon sets if you hit any of the apply to all buttons it applies Everything to all not just the associated category.  It was very perplexing to me at first, now I just do it manually for each new character.

Really great Mod so far! Thanks!  :grin:

ApolloTheDragon said:
I have a 1TB SATA hard drive. but I'll looking one to go faster then this one can't remember the speed on it.
Normally SATA HD come in 7200rpm variant. While it might be good to buy one with a higher rpm, it's data transfer is usually bottlenecked by the transfer rate of the HDD, which is around 64mb/s read and ~20-30mb/s write in the best conditions when data is being accessed or written from an external source. This will translate to how no matter how much ram, processing power or graphical power you have, you always have load time or in some instances, lag.

And that is why I was thinking of getting a solid state drive for a while now, but am unwilling to part with the money just yet. A good rule of thumb when comparing HDD to SSD is that the HDD of that generation always have ten times the storage capacity of the SSD but the SSD of the same generation will have ten times the read/write rate of an HDD. If you have no storage issues with just 1TB of storage, I would recommend you spend a bit more money and get an SSD for you to store your perfomance intensive games and operation systems on. Only drawback is obviously how expensive SSD are and how little their capacity are.

The current pricing for SSD is about slightly more than $1/Gb, with the price dropping the lower the write rate is. But then again, if your only purpose for the SSD is running Windows and games, you have no need for a 500mb/s writing rate now do you? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom