Commanding troops in Siege (Defense)

Users who are viewing this thread

Can anyone else tell there troops to defend certain aspects of the wall or the streets? Was trying to form a last stand at a castle but my troops kept wanting to go to the walls when all hope was lost.

TW, is this going to be updated to where we can command/deploy our troops and have them defend key points in the castle?

Can anyone else tell there troops to defend certain aspects of the wall or the streets? Was trying to form a last stand at a castle but my troops kept wanting to go to the walls when all hope was lost.

TW, is this going to be updated to where we can command/deploy our troops and have them defend key points in the castle?
It sounds like this is a factor of the Siege AI fixes in the latest patch.

It's been a while since I played, but apparently there was a problem where AI would fall back from the walls and just leave them wide open for invaders. If this behavior continues after the walls are lost, then that seems like a crappy brute-force solution.

Ideally siege defense should take place in stages, with defenders falling back to defensible objectives as attackers gain territory. I daren't even hope for concerted pushes to take back territory after blunting a charge, but that might be too much to hope for.

The best system would be one where each side acts in unison dedicated to a staged plan, where the player's options include things like "Retreat from the walls and regroup" on the defending side and "Regroup at the walls and wait for reinforcements" on the attacking side. I wouldn't hold my breath tho.

Back
Top Bottom