Combine Rome at War with Napoleon DLC

Users who are viewing this thread

eeliuse

Recruit
How awesome would commander battle mode be with Legions, Hoplites, Gauls, etc?! If it is possible it would make this great mod even better! What do you think?! Legions letting loose their pilum before the charge or bracing against the hoard. I mentioned this in the suggestion thread and felt such an idea warranted a larger audience in the main forum of the mod. 

I think NW commander battle in this setting would offer a really amazing playing atmosphere. There a lot of NW players and it would give this mod a unique aspect for us all to enjoy. Just because some people don't have NW doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. I believe the majority of multiplayers have NW anyway.

NW scripts and constants have been vastly changed/re-named. So creating a NW version and continuing a WB version of the mod side by side is a much larger challenge than it may seem. Also it would be entirely possible to create commander battles on WB since all the added triggers and several new features that NW added are all included in the current version of WB.

Ussaid said:
DarthTaco said:
Except for the part where people who don't have NW have to buy it to play this.

Well then there could be two versions, one for NW and one for WB.
Two versions would be a divided player base, having two small ones, as well as requiring us to work on TWO versions. Personally I prefer one. Maybe I'm just a biased dev, but hell, one version saves time, and if people have NW they have Warband, so why not keep it to one? Commander battle may be nice and all, but really it isn't a vital feature. Maybe as a bonus in a future version we can develop a commander battle style mode, and maybe even an invasion mode. But as of now we want to release a version in which fits Warband, and we can create the most quality content for.

Um cant you do a commander battle in warband without NW? I remember playing with friends and commanding bots a year before NW ever came out. No need to waste time making this for NW.

lazerBAR said:
Um cant you do a commander battle in warband without NW? I remember playing with friends and commanding bots a year before NW ever came out. No need to waste time making this for NW.

What this guy said ^

It's perfectly easy to have a 'commander battle' without the NW format and things. It's basically just a case of putting a large amount of bots on a server and picking which unit you want to command.

Back
Top Bottom