OSP 3D Art Cloaks - RELEASED

Users who are viewing this thread

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
M&BWB
Dain Ironfoot said:
Just turn off multimeshing in BRF edit daftie :razz:
A question on that: whenever I turn off Mulitmeshing, it seems to work, but when I open the BRF file again, it's right back on again. Even though I saved it with it off.
 
Llew2 said:
Dain Ironfoot said:
Just turn off multimeshing in BRF edit daftie :razz:
A question on that: whenever I turn off Mulitmeshing, it seems to work, but when I open the BRF file again, it's right back on again. Even though I saved it with it off.

Yeah, it's only for viewing in BRF edit.. Don't worry, they won't multimesh ingame.
 

kavien

Banned
some of the cloaks are black, when they say green or brown.
is there any codes that the cloaks require, could I add them to another mod with just the textures, resource and item.kinds1 files?
 
kavien said:
some of the cloaks are black, when they say green or brown.
is there any codes that the cloaks require, could I add them to another mod with just the textures, resource and item.kinds1 files?

:shock: Really? Which ones? I've just checked and haven't had any such problems.

You could indeed add them to any other mod.. I've included the Python files too.
 

Keedo420

Knight at Arms
Dain Ironfoot said:
:shock: Really? Which ones? I've just checked and haven't had any such problems.

I'm looking at them in BRF Edit right now. Cloaks 3, 4, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 27, & 28 are all showing up black. I haven't tried them in game yet. Also, Cloak 26 is supposed to be black with blue lining according to module_items.py. At first I thought it was all black, but upon closeup inspection I realized it is just very dark blue on the interior side.

Also, I would love to see a cloak similar to cloak 21 which is red with white trim, but instead be white or light grey with gold trim.

Otherwise they look awesome. I am about to add a few of them to my mod for use on some of my unmounted troops.  :mrgreen:
I will add some of the ones that are showing up black in BRF edit to see if they show up correctly ingame. I'll let you know if they work or not.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection in BRF edit I notice that Cloaks 3 & 4 are just like cloak 26. They look black from a distance but up close are a very dark blue. The others though are most definitely black.
 

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
M&BWB
Try them ingame. It's well known that BRFEdit does makes things look black when they aren't.
 

mbfreak2

Knight
Sorry for asking a newb question but are the cloaks rigged as headgear? I saw the screenshots and I see cloaks with armor but when I see it in BRF, its just a cloak. Or am I supposed to attach the cloak to an armor?

Those are very nice cloaks by the way. Good job.
 

Keedo420

Knight at Arms
Llew2 said:
Try them ingame. It's well known that BRFEdit does makes things look black when they aren't.

Yeah, I'm going to. I just wanted to put that info out there before I get into it.  :wink:


mbfreak2 said:
Sorry for asking a newb question but are the cloaks rigged as headgear?

Yes, they are headgear. But since they also cover your back, when adding them to a mod, it's a good idea to give them one or two points of head armor (if they have a hood) and a few points to body armor (5 is reasonable...as much as 10 if you want to call it a Thick Cloak or something).
 

Keedo420

Knight at Arms
OK, well I just tried out cloak 27 ("green cloak and hood with mask") in my mod, and it is definitely black in game.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed, of the three cloaks I added to my mod so far, they all show up fine on my character when I equip them, but their icon appears to be upside down in the store/inventory, or is that how it is supposed to look?
 
Thats how M&B treats rigged helmets.. so yep, they'll appear upside down.

I've just checked colours myself, and I think you probably need to fiddle with your gamma or monitor brightness or something.. they're quite dark colours, but they're most definitely not black.. they look fine to me. If you're still having trouble, lighten the texture... but as you can see from my screenshot, they look fine to me (Unless they look black in that as well, in which case, lighten your monitor)

Also, I would love to see a cloak similar to cloak 21 which is red with white trim, but instead be white or light grey with gold trim.

Well do some reskins then :razz: That's what they're there for.
 

HokieBT

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
Dain - just wanted to say thanks since I'm testing this out in my star wars mod.  Should be included in the next release and I'll be sure to add you to the credits!

 
Those cloaks look awesome Dain, nice job. They also fit well on the Sith. The poor bastards on the other side of those lightsabers are seriously ****ed :mrgreen: But really, i think this is what MnB missed...
 
HokieBT said:
Dain - just wanted to say thanks since I'm testing this out in my star wars mod.  Should be included in the next release and I'll be sure to add you to the credits!

Looks neat!  Considered using the cloak with red lining for them as well?

Vadermath: Curb your enthusiasm!

Is the darkness of some cloaks still a problem for some people? If it is, I could probably release an update with lighter texturers..
 

HokieBT

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
Dain Ironfoot said:
Looks neat!  Considered using the cloak with red lining for them as well?

yeah,  I still need to play with the textures more.  I'll probably make the black a little lighter to blend in with the robe, add a red/black variation, and also some that match the jedi knight and master robes.  Since the cloak with hood is a little high poly I may only give these to the knights as well and just stick with the black hood for regular troops.  Anyway, this is very cool and it should be helpful for many mods.
 

Keedo420

Knight at Arms
Yeah, I'm planning on making some undead heros for my mod, and I'm going to give them one of the masked hooded cloaks to hide their faces while they are hanging out in the taverns.  :razz:
 
Top Bottom