Resolved Children not spawning/activating upon reaching adulthood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

wharless

Recruit
Summary: Children turning 18 and still remaining in "HOLDING" status, usually at "Chaikand." Reproduced on a vanilla save. Only way to activate them was to assign them as a governor then unassign them. This is restricting for mercenary/nomadic playthroughs.
How to Reproduce: Start new game, quickly got married (Arwa in all instances), sat in a town, stocked up on food, fast forwarded over night. Upon checking, children were grown to 18, but not spawned on map. Status in clan tab as "HOLDING." Usually in Chaikand but once in Sanala which was the city I sat in overnight to reproduce the problem. First instance occurred in a modded game. As with all issues, I tested by starting new game and trying to reproduce in a pure vanilla, unmodded game. This problem persists in an unmodded game. Reproduced 4 times, all instances children were not spawning into map at 18 or older.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: 2080ti
GPU Driver Version Geforce 456.38
CPU:Ryzen 3700x
RAM:32G
Motherboard Prime X570-P
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):SSD

But in previous versions, when offspring became adults they spawned into the world. Are you saying it was removed? Offspring/heirs no longer "grow up"?

How do i upload the file? Sorry never filled out a bug report for any game ever. Also, is it ok if the file has both over 18 child and some under 18 child?

Ok Ill do it when i get back to my residence. But i meant to ask - when using the file browser, where would my save file be located? and would this thread link just be whats on the URL now?

Your save files are located at "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves" and the thread link is this pages URL, yes.

If there are children under 18, it will do. Go to upload.taleworlds.com, select your save file from the file browser, put this thread's link in the description box and click upload.
Hey I just uploaded a save where my child just turned 18 but I've done nothing with her yet (no under 18 save that isn't 10 years before that). My character is at Sargot where Evangline, the 18 year old, is reported to be. You will find that she is not in the keep. You can also not assign her as a party leader. The only thing that is an option for her is the governor position, after you set her as that she is available for everything else and will reside in the town that she is a governor in. That is the only way to essentially activate their actual existence.

Once mine come into existence, via force spawning by making them governor, they are still not available to lead a party.

Own a town
your character name = Aiden
child name = Alvin

to fix it or work around it use developer console alt key and `
then Config. cheat mode 1
then campaign. take hero prisoner Alvin Aiden
then wander around the world till he is ransomed
then goto where he is listed in the encyclopedia
then he should be in the keep
then Config. cheat mode 0

Own a town
your character name = Aiden
child name = Alvin

to fix it or work around it use developer console alt key and `
then Config. cheat mode 1
then campaign. take hero prisoner Alvin Aiden
then wander around the world till he is ransomed
then goto where he is listed in the encyclopedia
then he should be in the keep
then Config. cheat mode 0
Thank you, the above console command requires owning a town for the prisoner part?

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom