Charm exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

Mppqlmd

Regular
You get Charm XP for making barters, even if you don't barter anything.

- Show up to a noble
- Barter
- Trade "nothing" for "nothing"
- He accepts !
- Congrats, you suceeded a barter, have some free XP !

Yes, also you can make army of 10+ vassals and make Charm 300+ in 1 hour. Becouse save/load restores their memory, and you can barter again and again.

Yes, this is an issue. I mean, you dont have to exploit this if you dont want to, but it is kinda silly that you can do it.
When i barter to increase my charm, i buy a horse of them at least that way i dont feel guilty.

Yes, this is an issue. I mean, you dont have to exploit this if you dont want to, but it is kinda silly that you can do it.
When i barter to increase my charm, i buy a horse of them at least that way i dont feel guilty.
Exploits in general are only an issue if you do exploit them, but there existence is still a sign that the game needs some work.

Not sure why giving money and receiving experience is an exploit; it's a trade. They could change it to 100 denars or something to make it a little more reasonable for level ups. Charm as it is is pretty hard to level, like many of the other skills.

Not sure why giving money and receiving experience is an exploit; it's a trade. They could change it to 100 denars or something to make it a little more reasonable for level ups. Charm as it is is pretty hard to level, like many of the other skills.
You don't have to give money. You can trade "nothing" for "nothing" and you'll still get XP. So no, charm is litterally the easiest skill to level up in this patch.

If only the amount of effort for exploit fixes would go to actual content. If the player wants to exploit it, just let him, these shouldn't be top priority imo. They should be in the last patch before final launch.

It was at 1 denar, which is still pretty lame, but giving anyone a dollar will do something. Like I said, 100 seems reasonable
I think it would be more interesting to have a noble say something insulting if the value of the barter is too low, and possibly take a relation hit as well:

"Considering my own expansive treasury, if some peasant were to come up to me and hand me a denar I would feel insulted and have my men flog him. How do you think I see it coming from a fellow noble? Really! A denar!"

"Is that the last of your meager savings? I don't know if I should take it an laugh, or toss it at your feet as my men take you from my presence."

"If that is all you wanted, why didn't you just stop in town? Was it really so pressing that you felt the need to waste my time?"

"You want to pay how much for my property? If that is all you can afford, I can find you work as a stable hand, or perhaps a latrine digger for my army?"

"Guards! How did this beggar come to be in my presence?"

If only the amount of effort for exploit fixes would go to actual content. If the player wants to exploit it, just let him, these shouldn't be top priority imo. They should be in the last patch before final launch.

I'm playing a beta-branch game, i report bugs. Whether they fix it now or in a year, i don't care, i'm playing my part.

It was at 1 denar, which is still pretty lame, but giving anyone a dollar will do something. Like I said, 100 seems reasonable

Again, you DON'T EVEN have to give 1 denar. You can trade "Nothing" for "Nothing", and it's a successful deal.

I'm playing a beta-branch game, i report bugs. Whether they fix it now or in a year, i don't care, i'm playing my part.
My view on this as well. Any early access title should be treated as a beta-branch, which means that those playing it are testing for issues with the game and should be reporting them (ideally in proper format) to assist in the development of the game.

Again, you DON'T EVEN have to give 1 denar. You can trade "Nothing" for "Nothing", and it's a successful deal.
I think it may have only accepted 1 denar at one point? Or that was how it was first reported. Either case, I believe the poster of this comment was referring to when it was discovered that 1 denar worked, but before it was discovered that nothing needed to be in the barter at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom