Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Brom_Mcleod

Recruit
Summary: After updating to Bannerlord 1.80, I cannot start a new sandbox game. Character creation starts normal then all the character portraits disappear and the creation won't progress beyond the "choose your banner" screen. The character portrait screen remains empty and the game will not progress.
How to Reproduce: Start a new Sandbox Game. Try to create a new character. That's it--happens every time. This happens running the game 100% vanilla with no mods.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related): Sandbox/Character Creation
Media (Screenshots & Video): (I found this on another thread here. This is exactly the error I am getting only on 1.80.
Computer Specs:
GPU:NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 8 GB
GPU Driver Version: 460.89
CPU:Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.50 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: ASUS
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 3 TB Hard Drive

Had been running game version 1.7.1 for months with no issues. The problem started after update to 1.80. I have collected the telemetry data for the error, but I don;t know how to upload it and refer it to this ticket.

Last edited:
Game is bugged for us Win7/8 users and last I'd heard the dev team doesn't have any Win7/8 machines to test and track this down on yet. For now the only workaround I'm aware of is running Process Monitor in the background as you play.

Game is bugged for us Win7/8 users and last I'd heard the dev team doesn't have any Win7/8 machines to test and track this down on yet. For now the only workaround I'm aware of is running Process Monitor in the background as you play.
I've seen TaleWorlds destroy mod after mod with their updates, but I think this is next level stuff-- breaking vanilla BL itself.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Are you referring to Windows Process Monitor? How does that get around the character creation error?

Not a programmer so I don't understand exactly why, but the gist is it loads a driver and presumably attaches to processes. Whatever's happening to get asset loading stuck in an infinite loop doesn't happen when it's running.

In regards to the name, it's not bundled with Windows and is simply Process Monitor. It was a originally a third-party utility they bought out the developers of, and continue to maintain and host on Microsoft's site.

Not a programmer so I don't understand exactly why, but the gist is it loads a driver and presumably attaches to processes. Whatever's happening to get asset loading stuck in an infinite loop doesn't happen when it's running.

In regards to the name, it's not bundled with Windows and is simply Process Monitor. It was a originally a third-party utility they bought out the developers of, and continue to maintain and host on Microsoft's site.
Thanks--I'll give it a shot and test it out vanilla. I spent a lot of time updating and testing my mods for 1.80 and I don't want to have to downgrade version to play.

Thanks--I'll give it a shot and test it out vanilla. I spent a lot of time updating and testing my mods for 1.80 and I don't want to have to downgrade version to play.
Process Monitor does the trick. I was able to create a character, and play vanilla and with mods with no issues. After saving, I tested it and tried to run the game without PM from a saved game and it started fine, but after going into a city, my character came out with just his arms and head on a horse and then when I tried to go to the main screen the game locked up just like in the character creation screen. This information seems pretty specific and the error is repeatable--not sure what's taking TL so long to patch it.

We have updated 1.8.1 with a potential fix for this issue. Could you try reproducing this issue and report back, please? Sadly we could not able to reproduce this on our end thanks to Windows 7 PCs not helping.

Back
Top Bottom