Changing Key Binds Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Vettic

Recruit
I need to rebind a lot of keys and there's some bindings in the menu that I straight up don't need.
In most games I would just bind the unwanted binds to something like "#" with each new binding deleting the old, making them unassigned.
I cant do that in this game, when I try to rebind to an already used key, it brings up a warning saying "Already in use" and nothing gets changed.
Is there a text file location for the keybinds that I can edit?
And can we have some form of unbinding and resetting to default implemented?

I need to unbind/rebind some keys but there are so many keys in use that trying to find a new spot for everything is very difficult, I'd prefer to just remove unwanted bindings.

Some of these bindings are fairly useless, such as the "Equip Item 1-4" keys, there are only four item slots, usually you have a shield and arrows/bolts so you only have 2 items to switch between, the scroll wheel does just fine for that.

Anyone been able to unbind keys completely? Is there a text file we can edit to clear some of these bindings?

There seems to be a problem when trying to change key bindings. When changing the key binds in settings, there was a problem changing the keys that allows for key to be only changed to left-click. This problem was noticed in the 1.4.1 update.

Solution: Go to file explorer and follow the file path C:\Users\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs . Open the file named 'BannerlordGameKeys' in notepad. From here you can change the keys to whatever you want. If you want to revert to original binds, get a friend to screen share his file and fix the mistakes.

While I don't see an issue either way why not just rebind them to random keys you'll never use? That's what I do whenever I encounter a game that forces you to rebind a key before using that binding for something else.

Back
Top Bottom