MP Captain mode feedback - Face direction/Face enemy

Users who are viewing this thread

buby

Recruit
Hello, I don't usually write feedback but this is something that has been bogging me since the last two updates of Bannerlord.
Outside of small bugs for the formations that will be surely fixed with time, I noticed what seems a voluntary design change that impacts negatively the amount of control over our troops.
The facing enemy and facing a direction order command is now on the same key, acting as a toggle mode. I believe it's a negative change.
Some of the players of Captain Mode are not very familiar with it, that's why it has been probably not reported. But for me facing direction since the beginning of Early Acces always been my bread and butter, it allows deeper micromanagement of the troop, it's super useful to make your troops face the archer very precisely etc. Even against melee, it allows gaining some precious micro advantage if you can micro-adjust your troops to face properly a charging enemy for example.
On the other hand, facing enemy order is like flipping a coin, sometimes they will do what you think they should, and other time they will have a very sloppy positioning.
I think every competitive player will never use that command over 'facing direction', simply an order that rely on AI to choose what is the best position will never beat the ability to make them face manually where you want them to be exactly with the right orientation.
The only exception would be if you are too far away from your troops and can't issue a proper manual order or micromanage them properly and they are getting attacked, or other rare scenarios.
I used to spam 'face direction' order and almost never use 'facing enemy', and I still do but it's now very time consuming to do it as I'm forced to use 'facing enemy' once before being able to use 'face direction' again, every time.
You have to press it 2-3 times depending on the current toggle selected, making them having their independent key like it was before was much better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom