Captain Imbalance

Users who are viewing this thread

Regarding the captain's mod: why was it necessary to strengthen the menavlions, both foot and cavalry? The empire was already strong, and now has become superpower. Battania, as she was weak in captain's mod, remained so to her. Cavalry, and so in the latest versions of the beta test was strong, why was it difficult to hit the spears on it? I don’t understand the early access logic of what was already strong.
I apologize for the Google translation.

Balancing the kingdoms is one thing, and the other is that the mode doesn't seem to be about being the "captain" as much as I would hope.
For example, we totally lack the option to transfer troops like in the SP. Why can't we divide our unit into two, or three, or however we wish. This would add some sort of strategic thinking into the game.
Secondly, there should be some sort of punishment for dying as the captain. It would make players wage their choices, and not rush into things head on. In this mode you should be careful not to die as a captain. Now if you die you can just take control over one of your soldiers, without any drawbacks, like nothing happened, oh but something did happen and in my opinion, the player that dies should suffer some penelty.
What I mean is that this mode should be much more about leading than it is now. I'm not saying that in current state it's bad, but it could be better.
But i know that devs got a lot on their hands right now, and it's not really the time to bother them with that, because as we know the game needs a lot of work anyway. And I realy think that they probably have a lot of changes already planned for the captain mode, but they simply do not have the time to work on them. In the meantime the captain mode is still rather enjoyable, so that's nice.

Balancing the kingdoms is one thing, and the other is that the mode doesn't seem to be about being the "captain" as much as I would hope.
For example, we totally lack the option to transfer troops like in the SP. Why can't we divide our unit into two, or three, or however we wish. This would add some sort of strategic thinking into the game.
Secondly, there should be some sort of punishment for dying as the captain. It would make players wage their choices, and not rush into things head on. In this mode you should be careful not to die as a captain. Now if you die you can just take control over one of your soldiers, without any drawbacks, like nothing happened, oh but something did happen and in my opinion, the player that dies should suffer some penelty.
What I mean is that this mode should be much more about leading than it is now. I'm not saying that in current state it's bad, but it could be better.
But i know that devs got a lot on their hands right now, and it's not really the time to bother them with that, because as we know the game needs a lot of work anyway. And I realy think that they probably have a lot of changes already planned for the captain mode, but they simply do not have the time to work on them. In the meantime the captain mode is still rather enjoyable, so that's nice.

I'd like to see the captains start with slightly different gear, like what they did in Napoleonic Wars. Typically the troops would have their muskets, while the captain would have a spyglass (very useful), pistol, and sword. In np, the squads would also start with a couple of musicians, and a standard bearer. Something like that would be a nice addition as well. Banner carriers would certainly fit, being bannerlord and all.

I'd like to see the captains start with slightly different gear, like what they did in Napoleonic Wars. Typically the troops would have their muskets, while the captain would have a spyglass (very useful), pistol, and sword. In np, the squads would also start with a couple of musicians, and a standard bearer. Something like that would be a nice addition as well. Banner carriers would certainly fit, being bannerlord and all.
probably at least for some nations and units, i would rather have them fix the combat issues first though

I like that. Even if maybe just the Captain has a bit of bonus armor on his head or chest, then when you die you become a regular soldier. Or perhaps even a decrease in things like bowmanship, riding skills, combat skill level, compared to the Captain. Currently the initial captain of the squad can wear different armor but it's visual only.

Back
Top Bottom