Cant Use Native Recruitment?

Users who are viewing this thread

conflictsoul

Recruit
just installed the SVN Version and now when starting a new game, it only allows Lance Recruitment?

Edit: After some research, found they removed Native Recruitment.  This is a huge disappointment as the game feels extremely easy now and I enjoyed leveling my army.... This really lost alot of faith in the mod for me, but as of now it is the best.

I dont think my friends will want to play this mod anymore.

conflictsoul said:
just installed the SVN Version and now when starting a new game, it only allows Lance Recruitment?

Edit: After some research, found they removed Native Recruitment.  This is a huge disappointment as the game feels extremely easy now and I enjoyed leveling my army.... This really lost alot of faith in the mod for me, but as of now it is the best.

Oh god, here we go again! Can't go a day on this forum without some 5 yr old throwing a temper that Native Recruitment has been taken away from them because it is old and disgusting and that they now must play with something new and better.

No one cares that you are disappointed or have lost faith in this mod. We don't care that your 'friends' *cough* (you) don't want to play this mod anymore.

If you want Native Recruitment, go play Mount&Blade: Warband. If you wanna play 1257 AD, you have to play it with the Lance Recruitment like the DEVELOPERS intended you to, for it is much better and still has the leveling up of Native Recruitment for low class units. So stop your *****ing and whining and either play the game as IS or don't play, but don't come on here and throw a temper tamp-tron about it not being the way you want it. This mod is not Subway after all.

Spitfire84 said:
conflictsoul said:

Oh god, here we go again! Can't go a day on this forum without some 5 yr old throwing a temper that Native Recruitment has been taken away from them because it is old and disgusting and that they now must play with something new and better.

No one cares that you are disappointed or have lost faith in this mod. We don't care that your 'friends' *cough* (you) don't want to play this mod anymore.

If you want Native Recruitment, go play Mount&Blade: Warband. If you wanna play 1257 AD, you have to play it with the Lance Recruitment like the DEVELOPERS intended you to, for it is much better and still has the leveling up of Native Recruitment for low class units. So stop your *****ing and whining and either play the game as IS or don't play, but don't come on here and throw a temper tamp-tron about it not being the way you want it. This mod is not Subway after all.

Sounds like you're the one with a temper, I didn't argue about it. Also, I am still playing the mod and trying to learn to play the lance recruitment.
I expected your over dramatic reply as I've seen from older posts, You sound like you just want to troll, or be a *******.

I just enjoy the element of being able to upgrade your soldiers as you move, instead of being given a set of units. (As far as I've seen, no upgrading)

----- This is why you will never be a dev, terrible social skills.

With the lance system you recruit in groups the quality varies, but you still can upgrade units like in native. So instead of only getting all peasants with the lance system you might get a knight, a few medium cavalry, some infantry, and a few ranged units. Elite cavalry can be very expensive so its actually better to have a mix of quality in your ranks until you start pulling in some serious coin.       

conflictsoul said:

"My friends won't want to play this mod anymore" We must change this at once, we would not want you to lose friends  :roll: :roll:

stevehoos said:
conflictsoul said:

"My friends won't want to play this mod anymore" We must change this at once, we would not want you to lose friends  :roll: :roll:

Im just stating that as I feel they may or may not like this mod because of that, and I am introducing it to them very soon, We all play mount & blade

Spitfire84 said:
conflictsoul said:

you should read the faqs bro http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,231208.0.html  they stating they got 2 types of recruitment

conflictsoul said:
stevehoos said:
conflictsoul said:

Im just stating that as I feel they may or may not like this mod because of that, and I am introducing it to them very soon, We all play mount & blade

im with you on the native recruitment

pvthoch said:
conflictsoul said:
stevehoos said:
conflictsoul said:

im with you on the native recruitment

With good tactics, on the lance recruitment, My faction was born (took a castle) before 100 days.  and quickly got to 5 castles before i stopped and created new game due to low honour and no right to rule (everyone was against me)

I'm just trying to get my point across that lance recruitment is just very easy and takes alot of challenge out of the game, Cant say its not playable because its still fun, i just miss the challenge, and simply dont understand why native recruitment was completely removed.

Native recruiting was removed because the designers did not want the trouble of keeping up with both scripts. It was decided( and with logical mitigation) that Lance recruitment closer equates feudalism than native, what is so hard to "understand " about that?

If you have the latest SVN and play on normal settings, you must be cheating up a storm to advance that far into the game in 100 days LOL. 

stevehoos said:
Native recruiting was removed because the designers did not want the trouble of keeping up with both scripts. It was decided( and with logical mitigation) that Lance recruitment closer equates feudalism than native, what is so hard to "understand " about that?

If you have the latest SVN and play on normal settings, you must be cheating up a storm to advance that far into the game in 100 days LOL.

I am on easy settings, and using a LEGIT imported character (not cheated OP character), making money as a merc fast for a kingdom, forcing them to fight a small kingdom and to my luck they go to war with 2 kingdoms at once, and castles get besieged, one was taken and i made peace with the small kingdom that is getting trashed, than go to the recently besieged castle with little men, and take it. and progress from there with a lord at my side. (Results of recruiting a army instantly)

I dont know how much work it would be to keep both recruitment systems, it is not a huge deal for me now that i've learned the lance system more. I can understand if it is alot of work than no, dont need both. I never thought that it would be tons of work but ofcourse im not sure of how much is different on the lance system.

:roll: come on boy. Don't play the game on easy settings and go around saying the game is too easy. That's foolish. And "legit" important character :lol: ? But if you feel yourself better with this crab. But don't tell the devs their game is too easy when you are cheating every two minutes.

But to say it clearly. When you start a game with a fresh character you aren't a good fighter and you have nearly no leading skills. Bad fighter means you die very fast and easy so you can't support your boys much. Bad leading skills means you can't support much soldiers because of the costs and there wouldn't be many guys who would want to follow you.
Result: "LEGIT imported character" is nothing else as cheating.
Cheating yourself...do it. But with your complaining about the game with your cheating is cheating others...that's...let me call it bad behaviour.  :neutral:

But also as argument against yours...you are saying native recruitment is harder. Native recruitment means you can always recruit the kind of soldiers you want. And in real native you are over flooded with troops. But in lance recruitment you become these units that are close to what historically armies would looks like. But I also know that you can just release all troops you don't want without restrictions. At the end if you want to avoid a historically way of playing...both systems don't differ much.
But you are able to play the game more historical. :cool:

to clear things up,native recruitment was removed by Othr,as some other features ,like banner carriers and such. It was not intended from my and DrThomas side to remove Native recruitment from the game completly.BTw dont blame the makers of the mod,because me and dr Thomas are not in the team anymore

I think it's better to use different unit in different condition (mountain/plains/woods/seige/defence ), but AI obviously doesn't understand the truth. yes, that makes us easy to win AI. Nevertheless, that does not mean we must imitate AI's such stubid behavior. it's not about the difficulty, just the distinction between man and computer.

i also would love Native Recruitement more.

Like Rocket said: Scrap Realism in favour of Authenticity.

It is just more rewarding to have to build up ur army from peasants, than to have it delivered in instant-food-style ready-made groups.

conflictsoul said:
stevehoos said:

I am on easy settings, and using a LEGIT imported character (not cheated OP character), making money as a merc fast for a kingdom, forcing them to fight a small kingdom and to my luck they go to war with 2 kingdoms at once, and castles get besieged, one was taken and i made peace with the small kingdom that is getting trashed, than go to the recently besieged castle with little men, and take it. and progress from there with a lord at my side. (Results of recruiting a army instantly)

I dont know how much work it would be to keep both recruitment systems, it is not a huge deal for me now that i've learned the lance system more. I can understand if it is alot of work than no, dont need both. I never thought that it would be tons of work but ofcourse im not sure of how much is different on the lance system.

Complaining about the mod being too easy, while the settings are on easy, with some "LEGIT" imported character..... LOL that's classic! Start over from scratch, without using some superman imported character, play on normal settings. Get back to me in a hundred days and see how far you have advanced!  :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: 

toxic-nova said:
:roll: come on boy. Don't play the game on easy settings and go around saying the game is too easy. That's foolish. And "legit" important character :lol: ? But if you feel yourself better with this crab. But don't tell the devs their game is too easy when you are cheating every two minutes.

But to say it clearly. When you start a game with a fresh character you aren't a good fighter and you have nearly no leading skills. Bad fighter means you die very fast and easy so you can't support your boys much. Bad leading skills means you can't support much soldiers because of the costs and there wouldn't be many guys who would want to follow you.
Result: "LEGIT imported character" is nothing else as cheating.
Cheating yourself...do it. But with your complaining about the game with your cheating is cheating others...that's...let me call it bad behaviour.  :neutral:

But also as argument against yours...you are saying native recruitment is harder. Native recruitment means you can always recruit the kind of soldiers you want. And in real native you are over flooded with troops. But in lance recruitment you become these units that are close to what historically armies would looks like. But I also know that you can just release all troops you don't want without restrictions. At the end if you want to avoid a historically way of playing...both systems don't differ much.
But you are able to play the game more historical. :cool:

I am using a imported character that is level 30 with tons of leadership skills. Thats all im doing and I earned it myself and not by editing my character files (also didnt import money)

Its not that huge of a difference, just provides better morale and a little more soldiers at start.

I am not saying their "Mod" is easy, im saying the lance recruitment makes it a bit easier due to the fact that i can gain 30+ men instantly and gained 200 in 4 castles or so. instead of taking a large amount of time to gain the troops from running to each village (on the older version, you had weaker units in villages, and stronger in towns as far as I believe) which also included me spending LONGER to get my units AND upgrade them.

kuauik said:
to clear things up,native recruitment was removed by Othr,as some other features ,like banner carriers and such. It was not intended from my and DrThomas side to remove Native recruitment from the game completly.BTw dont blame the makers of the mod,because me and dr Thomas are not in the team anymore

I am not blaming anyone, I just think that it would have been a nice feature as alot of people DO like native over lance, however who is working on the mod now, it is their choice and I am not here to change it, I am just including my thoughts on it.

stevehoos said:
conflictsoul said:
stevehoos said:

Complaining about the mod being too easy, while the settings are on easy, with some "LEGIT" imported character..... LOL that's classic! Start over from scratch, without using some superman imported character, play on normal settings. Get back to me in a hundred days and see how far you have advanced!  :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

Yes, i can agree I could be playing on normal settings, but i never really researched on how the settings worked and never really cared because it seemed like my type of difficulty on native atleast, its possible that I will raise it soon on lance. and what i mean by "LEGIT" is that I did not edit my character files for a "Superman Imported Character" it is just a simple level 30.

Ehh, that sucks. Beta is broken and SVN has that crappy Lance system. Looks like I'm all out of options.

Not happy jan material.

Back
Top Bottom