Can't press W, A and Up at the same time (keyboard)

Users who are viewing this thread

why would u press those keys at the same time anyways? (works fine for me by the way, prints an AW then moves my page up xD)

games with wasd+arrow controls. screwed me over many times in certain platformers where I needed to climb, jump and float in very quick succession. I suppose that's why gamer keyboards have notes in their specs that say "accepts more than 13 simultaneous keystrokes" or something like that.

Paula has it right on this one: many office/home keyboards have a limited key buffer. It's usually 3 or 4 for modern keyboards, but older ones might be limited to 2. If it's really bothering you, you'll need to look for a gaming keyboard or a keyboard that specifically has a bigger buffer.

My keyboard is new and does support 3 or more keys pressed at the same time though. Only a couple of keys on the keyboard are messed up. First key is the one left  of "1". In Warband I used it as a look around key for a short while, but noticed that I couldn't run, look around and zoom at the same time. Then in Binding of Isaac I can't run diagonally north west, while shooting upwards.

Any other key combination works though :sad:

Paula said:
games with wasd+arrow controls. screwed me over many times in certain platformers where I needed to climb, jump and float in very quick succession. I suppose that's why gamer keyboards have notes in their specs that say "accepts more than 13 simultaneous keystrokes" or something like that.

Wow, the most fingers I saw on two hands were 12. Seems you can use a nose too with that keyboard.

Scully: Does the speaker beep wildly when it happens? It does for me when I'm pushing too much buttons.

Bromden said:
Paula said:
Scully: Does the speaker beep wildly when it happens? It does for me when I'm pushing too much buttons.
Nope.

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
The key to the left of 1 is called tilde.
It has 6 symbols on it  :eek:

Back
Top Bottom