Cannot couch lance

Users who are viewing this thread

I am new to Warband.  I am a veteran of original Mount and Blade.

I have a healthy sumpter horse on day 3.  Have 9 of strength and 9 of agility, riding skills is 3.
Weapon is a cracked lance.

At maximum speed on flat ground, the lance remains diagonal rather than couched.  I even see that when the horse picks up speed, the character leans slightly forward at that moment.  So the lance should have gone down then, but it didn't.  When I try to charge the enemies with a diagonal lance, only the horse bumps into them.

This makes early game impossible because I depend on couched lance to kill Sea Raiders for loot revenue.

My game is bought on Steam.
Earlier last year I tried this same Steam copy of Warband on a different computer, and it had the same problem, the lance didn't couch.

Any help?

Did you set the correct settings?
(main menu - options - General options - Lance control)
If you set it to manual (Hard or easy, doesn't matter), you have to press a key to crouch your lance ( Standartkey is X, If you changed it: Controls - Toggle weapon mode). Ofc you need enough speed.
If you set it automatic, you musn't do anything. If you are ast enough, your lance will crouch.

I suppose that your settings are manual, but you have always played with automatic lance control?

Back
Top Bottom