Campaign map - help to improve it

Users who are viewing this thread

Radetzky said:
Please forgive me my crappy drawing skills.

sq3b.jpg

Namely:
-Didn't draw the czech mountains in the pic, cause someone did already earlier.
-moving Elbe/Labe east.
-moving Olmütz/Olomouc east.
-optional Vltava and Morava rivers addition

Thanks for pointing this out. since I'm also concerned when no response/feedback is given, that a post is noticed - I'll give it another try;

Please locate the City of Magdeburg exactly AT the river Elbe (the city centre is left of the river, but the river is going through the city actually).
It's like placing Hamburg at the cost of the North Sea, not at he Elbe or it would be like placing London where Manchester is ...
The City wouldn't exist if not for the cause of settlement at this important river in medieval europe.

So Thomas could you please tell me, if there is any chance of that being finally changed in the future ?

And again thnx for this geniously made mod, nice to see progress has happened every time in take a look into the forum.  :mrgreen:
(Got no clue what changed since a few months ^^)

Don't know if its for a balance issue, but Aleppo should be a mamluk Sultanate city. It wasn't conquered by the Mongols until 1260. If its for a balance issues i could understand since mamluks already have like 5 cities lol.

SOME NOTES ABOUT THE ALPS.
Historically speaking there are 4 main gaps trough the Alps:

SUSA Valley from SE France to Piedmont.

AOSTA Valley from E France and SW Switzerland  to Piedmont

BRENNERO Valley from SW Austria and Bavaria to Veneto

TARVISIO Gap from SE Austria to Veneto

All these gaps were key strategical position during the medieval times and they were heavily guarded by Castles and Walled Town.

I would suggest to add the gaps and place few strategic castles and town to guard them.

For SUSA I would suggest to  transform ASTI in a Castle still owned by the Ghibellini. It should be enough.
For AOSTA the key position was the walled town of IVREA . My suggestion is to place a castle and give to the Holy Roman Empire. The Emperor owned it for a century from the early 1200 to the half of 1300.
For BRENNERO there are several choices but the easiest is Trento, that could be a castle owned by the Emperor. Verona is already on the map

For Tarvisio I would add Treviso as a Town owned by the Ghibellini and Gorizia as  Castle. Regarding the ownership of Gorizia its counts were largely indipendent. A century and half later they requested to became formal vassals of the Venice Republic. Therefore I think that making the castles a Venice possession could be the best choice.

Still Regarding the ALPS ... I have drafted a Map but being technological ignorant and useless I have no idea how to upload the immage on the forum. Sorry guys ... :oops:

Hello creators of 1257. This is a nice mod. I wonder what map editor you are using and if you would be willing to accept submissions for upgraded maps and town locations. I'm guessing there are only a couple of you working on this project and others would be happy to assist. I have been experimenting with the Bloodpass editor on your map...not for making my own mod, but for helping out on yours. Like adding rivers and lakes in the east reshaping islands, etc. I also noticed that the Bloodpass editor only using python (modules_parties) and you use txt (parties) for the castles and towns. You all do a great job and I think moving a couple of cities would be nice changes. (For example...moving Thorn right next to the curve of the Vistula, next to Chelmno--which should be Kulm at this time and controlled by the tuetons--or moving Novgorod closer to Pskov--it should actually be closer to Pskov than Pskov is to Riga. This is not a criticism. I am just curious. Thank you.

I am interested in helping as well, don't know what I could do though? Maybe something tedious and easy that Thomas does not want to do perhaps? Now that I understand that the map can't be smoothed out, (because the poly count would slow things down too much) it is best to read before posting suggestions.  :shock: :mrgreen:

Would it be possible to add Bruges as a big city in the West of Brussels?
It was a very important city back then (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruges#Golden_age_.2812th_to_15th_century.29)

As it is now, this region is not very populated :smile:

And Leuwen (Leuwyn, now: Leuven) is more to the east of Brussel instead of in the North :wink:

Marcquez said:
Would it be possible to add Bruges as a big city in the West of Brussels?
It was a very important city back then (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruges#Golden_age_.2812th_to_15th_century.29)

As it is now, this region is not very populated :smile:

And Leuwen (Leuwyn, now: Leuven) is more to the east of Brussel instead of in the North :wink:

Fancy of playing as "Graafschap Vlaanderen" eh?  :wink:

I was playing around with Thorgrims editor and made a few tweeks to the map in Northeast Europe. In my efforts I added some details around Prussia especially on the coastline. I also altered Gotland and Osel and added the Memel and Duna rivers. I also moved some towns and cities (although the editor would not let me move some of them. My question 1) What do you think of these alterations? 2) Would the creators of this mod be interested in these changes or am I wasting my time?

3XTuz.jpg

I am new to Warband modding, but wanted to give it a try. This image is the editorial version. I have not yet been able to get it to function in the actual game. Any ideas? I have also been getting the following message "One or more town spawns are on impassable tile, consider moving them to prevent game crashes." At this point I have not had luck getting the game file to load without warband crashing. I though it might have something to do with the size of the map. Any experts out there willing to help?

Dear modders!
What are you doing with names of Belorussian (Lithuanian in mod) cities? Mensk - yes, it was called in 11с, but in 12c it is Minsk already (time of mod 13c)!

Polotesk?  Polotsk! Even Polatsk is ok, but why PolotEsk? It was never been called so.

Braslavl? Braslav! Or Braslaw. Or Bryachislavl - but this should be a castle, not village in this case, and again, it was about 2 centuries ago before mod!

I think having impenetrable forests in the Lithuanian/Samogitian area would be great.  The area was so inaccessible that the Teutonic Knights had to use rivers to navigate them, either by boat in the warm months or (very common) by horse and foot while frozen in the winter months.

Back
Top Bottom