SP - General Calradian instead of Empire

Users who are viewing this thread

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
The Empire or Imperial culture and people terms sound a bit strange. For example, when subjects of the British or the Roman Empire talked about themselves, they didn't say I'm Imperial, they said I'm British, or Roman. (At least they did in their core territories, I don’t want to bore anyone by analyzing the meaning of the word Empire.) Similarly, when subjects of the Calradian Empire speak about themselves, they should call themselves Calradian, and their culture as the Calradian culture. It would be more natural to use.
If Vlandia conquers half the map, they would or could call their country Vlandian Empire, so their subjects would be Imperial, too. If they meet Imperials from 'the Empire', all of them would be Imperials, so the couldn't tell exactly who is from where. But if one says I'm Vlandian, the another says I'm Calradian, there is no question about their origin. Vlandian would mean here 'a citizen of the Vlandian Empire', and not neccessarily a nationality.

You might declare this title will extend later, and will refer to the whole area in 1257.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom