SP Musket Era Sci-Fi Calradia X - Red Planet - NEW BETA.65 RELEASED!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

ImpSmash said:
Theres gonna be a reptilian raider (with hat of course) included in with the cactus raiders but the raptor mount wont be included as its built into someone elses model and the riggings all over the joint.

Tintin said:
Can you get guns in it?

I'm trying... I'm currently testing with the natives flintlocks and catridges but they just crash the game. I've made all the arrows into lasers though.

I havent really looked into python yet, I'm avoiding it to be honest... so anything that needs attention deeper then models and textures might have to wait.
HokieBTs sent me some great code samples but python just isnt my thing... I'll feel alot more confident with someone else working on it.

Austupaio said:
That's an eyeball wearing armor. Insta-DL.

Really though, it's still alot like Native gameplay-wise at the moment, but it definitely unique. Looking forward to more changes.

Quick Query; The heads are a helmet, are they not?

Edited-In Query; Are Steam-Punk OSP packs in this? If not, why not!? I haven't check on it since you've made a few updates and it looks great.

The eyeball wont be included until be next release which'll worm its way onto the forums when I feel its a decent bulge bigger then the current.

It's currently really a native reskin though I'm hoping it'll become more.

The heads are helmets.

Some of my steampunk stuff is in it, both pack one and two, but I didnt stick it all in.

QuailLover said:
Well...did you enable the firearm skill?

In the module file yes.

EDIT: The problem appears to be that the itemeditor couldnt handle the triggers.

On a happier note... I've finally starting to get robots ingame...

red_planet_robot.png

When finished, they'll replace the sea raiders.

Sci-fi Western?  Seen any Firefly?

(One eyed aliens should have atrocious aim, due to their lack of depth perception)

Looks wonderful, though I wonder if you might consider adding more fins and sweeping curves.  Retro-futurism style.

Ghoura Agur said:
Sci-fi Western?  Seen any Firefly?

(One eyed aliens should have atrocious aim, due to their lack of depth perception)

Haven't seen firefly... does it have any decent aliens?

The planet for the mod was originally inspired by the one in Forbidden Planet... but I threw in the western element because it seemed to fit.

I'll have some smoother robots later perhaps, but it's tintoy style for the moment.

UPDATES: Thanks to HokieBT, I've got the flintlock and catridges working, which would suggest guns might now work (I'll try implimenting them later).

vile_vionaea.png

^ I've also added an alien I call Vile Vionaea... ignore the chainmail mittens, they're replaced with leaf/organic mittens seen on the right.

I've also made a face texture for males that looks suspiously like David Bowie and a gorilla head (for all you Planet of the Apes fans).

There's also a Red Planet banner avaliable on the front page should you wish to show your support for the mod.

-IYI-O-R-T- said:
Haven't seen firefly... does it have any decent aliens?

No aliens, I'm afraid, though if you could imagine the Reconstruction era in space, it'd be that.  Well worth the watching, regardless.

vile_vionaea.png

^ I've also added an alien I call Vile Vionaea... ignore the chainmail mittens, they're replaced with leaf/organic mittens seen on the right.

Those look fantastic.  Will you be including your 'shroom men?  I don't know, but I've got this real...fondness for fungal fellas.

I've also made a face texture for males that looks suspiously like David Bowie and a gorilla head

That I have got to see.

ImpSmash said:
Ive been working on some model Laser for your mod.

Still im a beginner so its a little rough....

EDIT:cant post up yet dont have program to take pic gimme a day and i will post pic

You don't have MSPaint or Apple Picture Editor?

Thanks again for all your comments. Here's an update on a new mount I made yesterday...

slunge.png

It's slow, about 20 in speed, but its got high maneuverability and armour.

I made the slimy bubble rim go slightly underground so it sort of appears to sludge around when it moves.

Umah...Where do we sit?  :lol:

'Cause, truth be told, I wouldn't touch that with a forty foot pole!  (another way of saying, Brilliant!)

...It looks like something Papa Nurgle thought up...

Goo monster, woo. Ya' know, there's another thing I think would fit with this atmosphere pretty well and isn't done too much, if you're open for suggestions?

If you are,
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gand
2072899101_985837137f.jpg

They're basically flies with respirator equipment, and I think they're pretty cool. Also, I don't know how short they could get using simply gear, but if you could make them even a little shorter..

Finally, I have a game with a good model of them in it if you need better references, I could go nab screenshots on request. Edit : I didn't even think about it, if you did make this HokieBT would probably kiss you for them.

If you have plenty of ideas/aren't up for suggestions, just ignore me.

This is quite fun to play around with. Bookmarking this thread.

Even scifi westerns need buffalo...

buffalo_mount.png

I've made some trapper hats too. I'll perhaps try and take some ingame shots later.

Ghoura Agur said:
Umah...Where do we sit?  :lol:

On top of the goo of course... discomfort isnt really considered.

@ Austupaio: I like the design of the alien... I'm kinda doing my own thing though, i'll add it as an influence  :smile:

Buffalo, awesome. How will those fit in? Replacing cows or wha'?

Oh and I was under the impression the Goo was going to actually be like a troop, not sure about riding it heh.

Oh and I'm glad you're incorporating the Gand in some way, I think they're cool so I'm interesting in seeing how they influence your creatures. Hope you add this new update soon.

red_planet_bandit.png

Oh my god. His face. His eyes. His NOSE , HIS M O U S T A C H E ! GET AWAY FROM ME I SWEAR GET AWAY.
._. Seriously. He's scary.

slunge.png

Okay... just LOL.
And that Buffalo looks edible, -IVI

vile_vionaea.png

Now that is strangely beautiful, and horribly strange at the same time. I'm stunned!  :shock:

Sorry for the messy post. I'm slightly tired right now.

T'was defiantly worth looking here though.
~Servitor

Слов нет,а которые есть то они из матушкиного языка
Лучше никаких поделок не выкладывать чем такие

vasul said:
Слов нет,а которые есть то они из матушкиного языка
Лучше никаких поделок не выкладывать чем такие

I'm sorry I dont understand.

Austupaio said:
Buffalo, awesome. How will those fit in? Replacing cows or wha'?

Oh and I was under the impression the Goo was going to actually be like a troop, not sure about riding it heh.

Oh and I'm glad you're incorporating the Gand in some way, I think they're cool so I'm interesting in seeing how they influence your creatures. Hope you add this new update soon.

They're currently mounts. Here's another shot of it ingame...
buffalo_mount_two.png

Goos currently a mount too, though I did consider it as a troop.

I'm not promising anything on the Gand influence, I've enough alien ideas... it's making them that's the difficult bit.

Here's a shot of the new trapper hat, it's just the fur hat from my OSP but with a tail attached...

trapper_hat.png

I've also retextured the Patrick Stewart lookalike hidden helm-head:
patrick.png

Implimented the new flintlock model (the Flint Shock Laser Gun):
flintshock.png

And done a few more face textures:
facetex.png

Back
Top Bottom