Calradia in Darkness or Polished Landscapes?

Users who are viewing this thread

I downloaded the first version a few hours after release. The second install I downloaded last night. Just in case I downloaded the graphic pack again last night, but I am waiting to install it until tonight because I have a really fun game going that I don't want to mess up :smile:. I am going to make a copy of the module folder and try to apply the graphics patch and see if I get the same error. I will let you know the results when I am done.

Follow my step by step instructions.  It works wonders, at least it did for me and (as far as I know) one other!    :smile:

I tried installing the graphics pack from a fresh install and still had the same error. I ended up fixing it by tweaking the skybox file in the data folder.

I copied the clear skybox 2 line from close to the bottom row and pasted it over skybox 8, then renamed it to skybox 8 and everything works fine now. There must be some kind of issue when the game calls to skybox 8, it can't load the mesh or something.

I am often asked to make changes to CiD mod for Brytenwalda. And... I made it when I started to play this great mod
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,157802.0.html

Idibil said:
jshores said:
I'm having the exact same skybox issue. I am also having a hard time getting anywhere in the game. I walk slower than the bandits and I cannot recruit from towns because my renown is too low. I know "suck it up blah blah blah" but once you are caught by the bandits one time, they instantly attack you again when you escape, creating a glitch where you will never escape from the bandits, having to restart the game.

Skybox problem:
It seem in install-casual problem when others player havent it. You can try reinstall.

Bandits: I had look this and they let me run away a time. What difficult lvl are you using?
I think I can shine some light on all this skyboxes issue. Problem is in polished skyboxes addon, read my comment here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2100

I originally found out when trying out PoP mod with those skyboxes...

Ehh I guess I'm just a complainer, becuase I have to run the games on lowest settings and I have to report that a lot of your skins really struggle with DX7 rendering.  Plundered a Lamellar armor from a Dane raider, and it kept changing colors, sometimes all I had to do was just move. Don't really know what to do about it, or even why it's doing that, but thought you at least ought to know.  Also your cloaks are just blobs of solid color which is kinda eh.  I can't be the only guy here with a mediocre machine trying to run the game on DX7 so I guess you know that already but I'm hoping it'll get sorted out at some point since an upgrade isn't in my budget..

On the plus side -- hey, your mod runs (with long delays on scene changes)on a computer that just about fits the minimum requirements for Warband, so good on you upgrading the graphics without overloading my processor, so if you can get those skins sorted out we have a mod here.

"Cave" location:

24524941.image

24524971.image

24525011.image

24525061.image

I recommend to use only CiD.
And the most important - never turn on HDR when you play Brytenwalda with CiD. It is MUCH better looking without it! Especially global map.

Would it hurt anything to turn off the scenery upgrades?  Also how would one do that?

Because I could really stand to shave some complexity off Brytenwalda's graphics requirements as it really grinds when I try to do things like rest in town, and it doesn't do that in mods with the old "lame" settings.

Graphical upgrades are fun until they screw with gameplay after all.

Pretty sure the graphical updates are an optional install. I imagine if you just download the core mod, delete and reinstall your BW folder, then it will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom