Calradia: Death and Disease - Hibernating

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lilyeti said:
I want to see the horse textures.

Oh do you now.

There'll certainly be some more screenshots (as I just got the new scythe in game, plus I stuck in some stat adjusted robes in the chests too, so you can dress up without being shot dead).

demondogx said:
on topic :
any chance you can tell how far the mod is ?
this is a mod that looks very good so far so im kinda curious   :smile:

How long is a respectable time to wait? So far, I'd say....probably completed before the end of september-ish... that's without the plague doctor outfit, as we still haven't had any help on it and the music side is looking like it might get cut.

Bare in mind I have work, uni, a house to maintain, social relations, album art I'm supposed to be working on, some music festival stuff and over half the texture's i've already done to alpha channel (unless you want armours that glow in the dark).

Savage said:
Could be something like a cult that worship decay/leprosy/rot? They could be replacement of some of those bandits/looters/deserters etc..?

They all have leprosy, and really dirty, worn-out clothes, and they smell like hell. :razz:

Erm......no. I don't want it becoming too fantasy based, it's still the same Calradia after all...

But there's a robe and a hood for every hidden chest, so you could dress yourself and two other heroes up and start your own cult.

I might include some other fantasy style elements in the chests too, so you, the player, can decide how you want to play it.

That doesn't have to be fantasy, they are just crazy and would be there for your enjoyment to slay. I count the genre fantasy as stuff that doesnt really exist in this world, only in your fantasy (and therefore, the name "fantasy".) There have been loads of cults through-out history, and there probably are loads now, only more... civilized than before (In USA there is something called the baptist church.. Or churches at all, for that matters.) There have been cults that worshipped death, ever heard of the Thuggee's? Worshippers of the god Kali, not so nice people.

Savage said:
That doesn't have to be fantasy, they are just crazy and would be there for your enjoyment to slay. I count the genre fantasy as stuff that doesnt really exist in this world, only in your fantasy (and therefore, the name "fantasy".) There have been loads of cults through-out history, and there probably are loads now, only more... civilized than before (In USA there is something called the baptist church.. Or churches at all, for that matters.) There have been cults that worshipped death, ever heard of the Thuggee's? Worshippers of the god Kali, not so nice people.

I have noted your idea and will decide for myself if I find it suitable.

If what I decide differs from that which you would prefer, you are welcome to include such features in your own take on the subject.

that would be awesome to have the latest victims of the disease lying in piles all over calradia!! :grin: Someone should take and burn them :razz: hehe, guess calradians dont think of that.

I think they'd be there as a collected pile, ready to be carted off to a pit.

People gave up on individual graves, as the population were dying at such a high rate.

I fixed all the alphas, and any new texture work I'll do I'll obviously go over too.

So expect new improved screenshots without shiny robes or glow in the dark leather.

The scythe, by the way, is hideously fun. Though I might have to play with the stats as it's alittle too easy.

I may retexture the samurai armour into flesh armour too.

(both are found in chests and so optional to play with).

demondogx said:
oh man this mod is gonna rock  :twisted:
the doors look cool too :smile:
and your ideas sound good :smile:

Please remember that very little has been altered from the original, most new clothing textures are merely stained and grubby, there are no new fractions or system adjustments. The scythe, some textures, and possibly the flesh armour remake of the samurai outfit, are really the only differences between it and native.

(All the other bonuses wont be included unless we get additional help.)

Hopefully everyone will enjoy it. I have (testing it), but at the same time, what with so many other mods that offer a hell of alot more, I don't want it getting too built up.

I'd hate to see you all diappointed.

As a clue to what adaptions I have made; here's the texture for the sumpter horse...

sumpter_horse.jpg

What will probably happen is, I'll realise the mod as it is (after a few more additions) then if anyone offers to add to it, we'll update it.
But I'd like the first version to make an impact so if anyone else want's to jump on board, let me know asap.

Here's the banner I scrapped together quickly the other day before work...

banner.jpg

Here's the code... just select and paste into your signature...

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,42657.0.html][IMG]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b389/TOIYI/banner.jpg[/IMG][/url]

That skull photo was taken by me by the way (don't use it on anything else without my permission).

Pretty cool. would be awesome with some additional models and weapons, and a nice story line ish thingy.

samipso said:
Pretty cool. would be awesome with some additional models and weapons, and a nice story line ish thingy.

Well we've got the scythe in so far.

I'd really like to get the plague doctor done and in before releasing, but we've yet to have any offers of assistance on it (we need a modeller to actually make the thing). It's kind of a key bonus feature so...yeah...

I think things like story lines and adapted quests etc might have to be an update.

They didn't really cure the plague, they didn't know how (apart from poor theory based assumptions), mostly they went round and treated the suffering.

The beak is like an old fashioned gas mask, stuffed with herbs, and the cloak and hat and such worked like medevil hazard suits (cutting off any gap from the outside in, to protect the doctor from contamination).

The plague victims would suffer large boils, like giant pus filled blisters would form under the armpits, on their neck or around the groin. The plague doctors would treat these by slicing the top of them then applying a red hot poker to close off the wound.

There was culling involved, but not by the plague doctors (certain minority groups were suspected carriers or causes).

The plague doctor is also a character within the Venice Carnival (stemming from their own plague related incidents).

Didn't they blame the jews at some point for poisoning the water in the wells?

Those poor jew dont have an easy time through history. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom