Calradia: Death and Disease - Hibernating

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would need a modeller, but... a skinny horse? You see the ribs and other bones sticking out more than usual. :razz:

Also, books you can read. Like about the plague, or a handbook of those scary docs or something :razz: recipe for creepy potions, like "you mix a foot of that and the blood of that, and it will protect you from a cold." heheh.

what about mutants as like sea raiders or something. Not like a walking corpse, and not like an X-man. Like I said before: "mindless leprasy mutants"... Just horribly disfigured humans, that attack you for some reason.. hm..

Anyways, keep up the good work. Im awaiting this like a school boy awaits his first date!

Kraven said:
Ill take a look for that to, but it will take a while.. had some well unforeseen things happening in real life, so yeah im not having access to my comp lately XD.

I've done about 3-4 tracks so far. Tried to make them work (putting them into the music folder, adding them to the list in the music.txt..) but it doesn't work, some others have had similar problems, so I'll do a search of the forums in a sec.

Life's life. Your under no obligation to me or anyone here, take as much time as you need.

Savage said:
This would need a modeller, but... a skinny horse? You see the ribs and other bones sticking out more than usual. :razz:

Also, books you can read. Like about the plague, or a handbook of those scary docs or something :razz: recipe for creepy potions, like "you mix a foot of that and the blood of that, and it will protect you from a cold." heheh.

what about mutants as like sea raiders or something. Not like a walking corpse, and not like an X-man. Like I said before: "mindless leprasy mutants"... Just horribly disfigured humans, that attack you for some reason.. hm..

Anyways, keep up the good work. Im awaiting this like a school boy awaits his first date!

We don't have a modeller, well... we do but they're focused on weapons and items which I dont blame them for, rigging is a pain in the anus.

I doubt we'll do the books thing, but if I can redo the histories of the heroes then the doctor will be an "interesting character".

The disease has a flesh crafting effect on the person, some silent hill like mutations is an interest I'd follow up if I had the help. Some hardened flesh armour at least would be an interesting addition, with care taken not to look tacky (like the body model but slightly adapted, then I'd do some texture work to give the effect).

I'd put the flowers in some water for now and stick the chocolates in the fridge, she wont turn up for awhile.

Would super love to do your story editing for you (if it wasn't something you were reserving for yourself, i can understand why you would want that). I am an amateur author (have had freelance publishing of short stories) and as soon as I read the background for your story i just wanted to start editing dialog :razz:  If you want i can send you a made up hero backstory so you can get a taste for my writing or whatnot.

i can also do texturing but nowhere near your level, could certainly do minor changes to lessen your workload if you want.

Castigar said:
Would super love to do your story editing for you (if it wasn't something you were reserving for yourself, i can understand why you would want that). I am an amateur author (have had freelance publishing of short stories) and as soon as I read the background for your story i just wanted to start editing dialog :razz:  If you want i can send you a made up hero backstory so you can get a taste for my writing or whatnot.

i can also do texturing but nowhere near your level, could certainly do minor changes to lessen your workload if you want.

Would you be able to place them ingame or would you just be writing what they would say?

I've had the odd idea but I'm so busy with texturing and music that I haven't had time to give it much thought (though I know I don't want magic, for all it's distortions it's still Mount and Blade).

can u maby send a pic of what you did with the rivers ? :grin:

and one other question
are the troop trees changed to ? or the factions ?:smile:
i would love to play for some kind of creepy diseased faction  :twisted:

and good luck with the mod wish i could help but im really bad with moddeling  :oops:
otherwise i would be making a bad ass horror mod too  :cool:

Im not very good at modding, But I like your ideas and fooled around with the textures on my native. It acualy turned out pretty good. I can't find the armor textures though 

euonm0.jpg

Castigar said:
yeah i can put them into the game for you

Maybe send me some ideas by PM or post them here, I'll read through them and let you know what I think.

demondogx said:
can u maby send a pic of what you did with the rivers ? :grin:

and one other question
are the troop trees changed to ? or the factions ?:smile:
i would love to play for some kind of creepy diseased faction  :twisted:

and good luck with the mod wish i could help but im really bad with moddeling  :oops:
otherwise i would be making a bad ass horror mod too  :cool:

I'll try and take a river shot soon.

Fractions are remaining the same I'm afraid but you could always use your imagination. We might include some extra items ingame, like our new scythe, so you can dress up as the reaper if you want (black hood and robes are already in the game). I'm still hoping for a plague doctor outift too (come on all you armour modellers out there).

lilyeti said:
Im not very good at modding, But I like your ideas and fooled around with the textures on my native. It acualy turned out pretty good. I can't find the armor textures though 

That wall texture isn't far off the first one I had. But then I removed alot of the colour from nearly every texture ingame, as it becomes too much... starts looking less like horror and more like your wondering around an uncooked beef burger. Just blood red skies, and rivers but with everything else nearly colourless is alot more atmospheric.

Some of the armour is in the costume files.

Is there any way I can help with the mod? I guess im kind of good at texturing. Im good with ideas and concepts. I have experience using the item and troop editor...Anything I can do?

I have to say this looks incredibly interesting. I am an utter noob when it comes to all this stuff but seeing these things really inspire me to try and learn more about texturing ect. If you ever need creepy ideas feel free to ask me as I've got a sick imagination though it seems you're doing fine on your own.

Just to give you guys some updates...

The mod's production's hit some snags...

1, Armours that have been re-textured are changing colours. For example; blue toned armours turning red (yes I textured them with some mild blood stains but not like this). I'm guessing this is down to alpha channels?

2, The music just isn't fitting the scene. I can't use my electronic instruments because it's out of the games historic setting, and the echoing choirs never seem to hit the right tempo. It's pretty down heartening... especially as it seems to digest all my free time... I'll try again perhaps when I've completed some more textures.

Good news though...

1, All the horses are done (though alot of the -almost vomit inducing- detail of the flesh has been lost alot due to stretching over the models).

2, All the peasant clothes are done.

3, All the important environmental textures are done.

4, ALOT of the faces are done... or redone... as I had to go back over some of the first lot (the aged version originally just had blood pouring out their eyes and mouth but when placed on the model, in game, it looked like they'd took a tomato to the face).

5, ALOT of the armour is done... though I might have to do some work over them again if the lighting and colour bugs are down to my lack of alphas.

6, I'll post more screenshots soon...

lilyeti said:
Is there any way I can help with the mod? I guess I'm kind of good at texturing. I'm good with ideas and concepts. I have experience using the item and troop editor...Anything I can do?

Texturing's the only thing working for me at the mo (don't take my baby away)...

Though I appreciate the offer, I might have to get back to you at a later date.

I think Banners would help the mod (Like the ones you put in your signature that link to this page). Just getting the word out to potential modellers, for those juicy armour based extras that have us stumped, would aid alot with progress.

Crom The Conqueror said:
I have to say this looks incredibly interesting. I am an utter noob when it comes to all this stuff but seeing these things really inspires me to try and learn more about texturing etc. If you ever need creepy ideas feel free to ask me as I've got a sick imagination though it seems you're doing fine on your own.

Play with textures; seek them, take them, make them (search for stock sites, take photos, construct your own).

Some of the plague faces use a texture made from a photo of a turkeys head I took (by texture, in this case, I mean something you layer into a photo).

Be creative.

I'm used to editing images for art purposes, this is the first time I've used them for modding (of a 3d game) or for 3d objects, so this is new to me too.

Heres some ideas, Make differnt levels of for food, Old Rotted,Infected, ect as they age. Infected should acualy take away morale. :twisted: I thought a cool theme would to have a faction of elite lords and units that don't have the plague yet (Due to their wealth and clean enviorment)    Agianst the rebelling peasants and lower class soldiers who were infected and demand better treatment , shelter, and hospitals for the sick.  (They severely out number the wealthy class.)

^^^^^I  doubt you would use it though.

Also, Change the  Quests so they are plague related, Such as "Bring this feife healthy livestock because there Herd is infected)  Just change the cattle quest dialogue.

Mabey a new bandit type. "Inquisitors" They go around attacking the small farmer groups. To simulate them punishing the peasants for not having faith.(In god or their faction).

lilyeti said:
Heres some ideas, Make differnt levels of for food, Old Rotted,Infected, ect as they age. Infected should acualy take away morale. :twisted: I thought a cool theme would to have a faction of elite lords and units that don't have the plague yet (Due to their wealth and clean enviorment)    Agianst the rebelling peasants and lower class soldiers who were infected and demand better treatment , shelter, and hospitals for the sick.  (They severely out number the wealthy class.)

^^^^^I  doubt you would use it though.

Also, Change the  Quests so they are plague related, Such as "Bring this feife healthy livestock because there Herd is infected)  Just change the cattle quest dialogue.

Mabey a new bandit type. "Inquisitors" They go around attacking the small farmer groups. To simulate them punishing the peasants for not having faith.(In god or their faction).

I'm hoping to retexture all the food, though I'm not sure I'll have it at different stages.

I suppose it would make sense to change some of the quests...

Looks really nice, i will follow this mod.  :smile:
i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove dark medieval settings.
Any dutch people here seen 'de vliegende hollander'. A very dark, gritty movie.

Crom The Conqueror said:
I have to say this looks incredibly interesting. I am an utter noob when it comes to all this stuff but seeing these things really inspire me to try and learn more about texturing ect. If you ever need creepy ideas feel free to ask me as I've got a sick imagination though it seems you're doing fine on your own.

With a name like yours, Chaos scum, I don't find that surprising  :smile:

Glad to see another Warhammer fan, although I'd rather spit you my elven blade than congratulate you  :smile:

freak_oz said:
Looks really nice, i will follow this mod.  :smile:
i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove dark medieval settings.
Any dutch people here seen 'de vliegende hollander'. A very dark, gritty movie.
neej niet gezien  :oops: wist niet eens dat die bestond :razz:

on topic :
any change you can tell how far the mod is ?
this is a mod that looks very good so far so im kinda curious  :smile:

Could be something like a cult that worship decay/leprosy/rot? They could be replacement of some of those bandits/looters/deserters etc..?

They all have leprosy, and really dirty, worn-out clothes, and they smell like hell. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom