Byzantines, Romans, oh my...

Users who are viewing this thread

Alkiviades

Sergeant
I have stated this in another thread, but I though I'd make it more... visible.

I am a "byzantine" (Roman, really) fan and I am quite certain that inclusion of a byzantine faction in the new map of the mod is imperative. In order to make it easier for othr and the mod team, I can provide ample information for this period in byzantine history.

If othr opts for a byzantine faction, there's a catch of what to include and how and even how to name it. At the precise point of time, Constantinople was in the hands of the Franks and the Byzantines were split into four factions (Nicaea - the proper byzantine faction, actually and those who liberated Constantinople - Epirus, Trapezous) and there were also a couple more Latin states on Greece proper. I assume that in order to fill the Balkans and Asia Minor sections of the map, you'll have to come up with some solutions as to put in what and where... is there any relevant discussion? Have you made any decisions?

This is a central Europe mod, so I don't think there there is place for romans here... But you can wait for Europe 1200's port, which will include Bizantium (Eastern Roman Empire).

Please, be patient.
Decisions about "new" factions will be made when the map is somewhat finished (as stated in the FAQ). :wink:

PS: there was a vote about whether to include the "holy lands" of the crusades, which showed, that people really wanted to have that in the mod. On that basis, the map is being made.
You can draw your own conclusions here :grin:

Back
Top Bottom