Bugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of bugs, the performance is quite poor.

My computer:

Two Radeon HD 6990s in CrossFire.
Intel Core-i7 950.
6+ GB of RAM.
Windows 7 64-BIT.
The game runs from a fast SSD-drive.

So you see, my computer is quite beefy. No reason for the game to run so poorly.

I have patched everything still I found a bug:
- I see naked soldiers o_O
- The united selection menu is blinking :/

Monten said:
I have patched everything still I found a bug:
- I see naked soldiers o_O
- The united selection menu is blinking :/

You have a older version than the server, or the server has a older version than you :grin:

Okay, will see if it works this time around. I could not issue orders in custom battle, and the multi-player tab resulted in a screen saying "finished" and then a CTD shortly after. :???:

Edit: Nope, cannot play multi-player, just brings up a screen saying "finished" and then crashes. Doesn't even ask for my serial. Orders are fixed mind you, so that's something at least.

Nordmann said:
Okay, will see if it works this time around. I could not issue orders in custom battle, and the multi-player tab resulted in a screen saying "finished" and then a CTD shortly after. :???:

Edit: Nope, cannot play multi-player, just brings up a screen saying "finished" and then crashes. Doesn't even ask for my serial. Orders are fixed mind you, so that's something at least.

Nordman, are you using some kind of Hex edit to edit your character name ?
In beta we had the problem that some guys had used a Hex editor to add special letters to their characters they always crashed when trying to enter the Multiplayer browser list.

Could you try this: ?
Create a new Character, name it "test" (or anything else withuot special letters) and try to join a Server.

lord_olafson said:
Nordmann said:

Nordman, are you using some kind of Hex edit to edit your character name ?
In beta we had the problem that some guys had used a Hex editor to add special letters to their characters they always crashed when trying to enter the Multiplayer browser list.

Could you try this: ?
Create a new Character, name it "test" (or anything else withuot special letters) and try to join a Server.

Nope, no hex or special characters, and I can't even get to the character screen in NW. I click multi-player, it comes up with another screen, says "finished" at the bottom, and then Windows kindly informs me that the game has stopped working. I'm stumped.

Edit: Just tried another fresh install, this time without the 1000-1001 patch. Same result. Then added the patch. Same result. I give up, will come back later this evening and fight with it some more then.

Hmm... Thats wierd, I never had that myself. Since you followed the "gamersgate fix" instructions, I am a bit confused...
Really sorry about that Nordman. I will inform you as soon as I know a fix.

lord_olafson said:
Hmm... Thats wierd, I never had that myself. Since you followed the "gamersgate fix" instructions, I am a bit confused...
Really sorry about that Nordman. I will inform you as soon as I know a fix.

Okay, thanks. Not sure if it's something to do with my computer or not, will shut down and come back a few hours from now to see if I can resolve it. Maybe it will fix itself, I sure hope so, dying to try MP.

"So, install WB 1.50, then NW, then patch it using the 1000 to 1001 patch. "

I did that... but still random naked soldiers... sometimes..  :cool:

Random naked guys are the ones that did not follow those steps Hinkel.

Their clients sends invalid item id's to the server (with their outdated game), so as a hack protection they are spawned naked.

Vincenzo said:

Their clients sends invalid item id's to the server (with their outdated game), so as a hack protection they are spawned naked.

Ahh alright, so its a protection method, to show if someone has a "corrupted" or changed file :smile:
But its really annoying.. isnt it better if those guys would see all others naked? So that they are forced to get the "fix"? :smile:

Hinkel84 said:
Vincenzo said:

Ahh alright, so its a protection method, to show if someone has a "corrupted" or changed file :smile:
But its really annoying.. isnt it better if those guys would see all others naked? So that they are forced to get the "fix"? :smile:

Ahem ? They will be naked on their game aswell...

Argh... We wouldnt have all this problems if Gamersgate wouldnt have released so early and without the patch............. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom