[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Users who are viewing this thread

It's intentional that as a vassal Marshall that the keeps get no garrisons while as a rebel King they do? That doesn't make a dam lick of sense to me, it certainly isn't making any disadvantage for the player per say.
That 50 troops you got as a king is not the full garrison reinforcement that the AI gets (usually at least 300 for castles and 600 for towns), which you were talking about to my understanding for comparison. The 50-ish minor reinforcement consisting of medium quality troops comes from the fact that you defered the appointment of the fief to a later point, which is only available as a king/queen, as a slight compensation for having to deal with other kingdoms on your own now. But as I mentioned, it's still not quite the amount or quality that the enemy gets when it captures a walled fief.

Literally unplayable!

Untitled.jpg

Hi all,

game CTD:s when entering dialogue with companion Adonja or attacking enemy party. Dialogue screen does not show. Thia does not happen every time.
I have a very weak laptop and must use dx7, if that matters.

Rgds, Oldtimer

One of my lords has seemingly disappeared from the game. His character page says that he still belongs to my kingdom, but that he has no fiefs. His army size is -1. He is not listed when I ask other lords or ladies for the location of someone (unlike when someone has been defeated, where you can ask them but they say that they do not know the location of the person) nor can I grant him a fief. I'm sure that I gave all my lords a fief and from a glance none of them have been taken. He is upstanding and likes me, so I have no reason to assume that he's left me, and if he did I assume that I should have been notified. None of the towns or castles have him as a prisoner.

I've waited for a few weeks and he never turns up again. I have a quest to resolve a dispute between him and another lord, which I think behaved oddly. I talked to the other lord shortly after receiving the quest, and convinced him to make up. A few days later I encountered him again and talked about making up (they had similar names so I assumed it was the missing lord), and he gave the same "you should talk to the other lord as well" dialogue. Of course, it's possible that I reloaded and forgot about it.

I'd really appreciate help with getting him to return. Assuming I haven't missed something somehow, is there a way to fix this through save editing or cheat commands?

Actually, as I was typing this I noticed that at least one other lord (the son of the previously mentioned one) has disappeared in the same way. His page says that he's part of my kingdom but his army size is -1 and he's nowhere to be found and other lords can't point me in his direction. Neither of the lords are listed among the lords on my kingdom's page. The wife and mother is in my court, though.

Please help.

I seem to have solved it, so in case anyone else runs into this problem, I'll explain how. No one likes a "nvm solved it".

I figured out which lords were missing by asking the ladies that had taken up permanent residence at my court who their relatives were. Then I used the save game editor to change slot_troop_occupation (2) from 0 to 2 on those three missing lords. I think all three of them had slot_troop_prisoner_of_party (:cool: set to 26, which if I'm understanding it right should be a Jatu army. Having used cheats to check the entire map several times, I can confidently say that no Jatu armies had them as prisoners. I set that value to -1. They now show up on the list when asking people for the location of someone, and should begin spawning shortly after.

I seem to have solved it, so in case anyone else runs into this problem, I'll explain how. No one likes a "nvm solved it".

I figured out which lords were missing by asking the ladies that had taken up permanent residence at my court who their relatives were. Then I used the save game editor to change slot_troop_occupation (2) from 0 to 2 on those three missing lords. I think all three of them had slot_troop_prisoner_of_party (:cool: set to 26, which if I'm understanding it right should be a Jatu army. Having used cheats to check the entire map several times, I can confidently say that no Jatu armies had them as prisoners. I set that value to -1. They now show up on the list when asking people for the location of someone, and should begin spawning shortly after.

No, party_ID = 26 is Janos. Only Lords can imprison other Lords.

Then it sounds even more like a bug, because I own Janos and they were not prisoners there. I'm unsure how they could end up being imprisoned there to begin with, when they're my lords and I have never been at war since recruiting them.

After getting whitestag from the empire and asking and pledge vassalship to king Ulric he gives me tragmar (knudarr castle) which belongs to D'shar, the faction the recent messages info says i belong to instead of Sarleon... bug from warband? will it mess my save?

Edit. Nothing wrong happened, it took a while until i could conquer the castle from D'shar and then lose it again without no repercussion.

Last edited:
I can't find Darlion of Pendor anywhere on the map, and when I talk to travellers I only get the option to find out where the other 4 claimants are but not him - any ideas? Thanks!

Hiya, anyone have an explanation/solution for a 'Hash vector failed at index' (random numbers followed) crash? Day ~700ish and it occurred at the exact moment I accepted a Kidnapped girl (from generic Guildmaster quest) into my party, near a village around Torbah on the world map.

Never had a crash before on Pendor and I've always saved in scenes + saved in game then quit without saving.

Is it safe to reload and continue to use that save?

PC specs if needed: i7-9700k RTX 2060 16GB RAM 256GB SSD.

Last edited:
Hiya, anyone have an explanation/solution for a 'Hash vector failed at index' (random numbers followed) crash? Day ~700ish and it occurred at the exact moment I accepted a Kidnapped girl (from generic Guildmaster quest) into my party, near a village around Torbah on the world map.

Never had a crash before on Pendor and I've always saved in scenes + saved in game then quit without saving.

Is it safe to reload and continue to use that save?

PC specs if needed: i7-9700k RTX 2060 16GB RAM 256GB SSD.

Hash errors are caused by the game running out of memory or by some function or code which doesn't clean up after itself. I got the same issue in my mod when bullets from a shotgun didn't get deleted when they hit the ground, causing the game to eventually run out of space.

Your game run out of memory. It's memory leak I suppose. Don't load 2 times during one session if you have had big battles. Save, restart warband and then load. The engine is old and memory leaks happen sometimes.

Have you tweaked dialogs? Can you reproduce this bug?
No tweaking whatsoever, just the base Warband + base Pendor with no other mods installed.

I haven't had the time to play Warband recently but when I do I'll replicate the exact steps. (It was just travelling from Torbah to the closest village to its east, paying the ransom to the spawned bandit party and after accepting the Kidnapped girl into the party as soon as the dialogue window closed it CTD).

I got engaged to Kyros Dux's daugher ages ago. He's been residing in Cez all this time "preparing" the feast. Is there a way to force the feast to happen or some cheat I can do to get this finally over with?

@NumenoreanLord,
1) Can you upload somewhere rgl_log.txt and save?
2) What is your engine and mod version?

P.S. Kidnapped girl quest works fine.
1) Sorry I had already carried on with the playthrough before seeing this message so im assuming the rgl_log.txt has been overriden :sad:. I can upload my save if you'd still like though.

The good news is that I repeated my exact same steps and couldn't replicate the CTD so at least it wasn't a hard crash, been playing for a few days now with no issues I guess it was just a random unexplainable crash lol.

2) Uhhh I honestly have no idea lol its just the latest version for both on Steam? Sorry if thats a dumb answer.

I got engaged to Kyros Dux's daugher ages ago. He's been residing in Cez all this time "preparing" the feast. Is there a way to force the feast to happen or some cheat I can do to get this finally over with?
Do I need to have 0 Controversy?

EDIT: As soon as I stopped being marshal it happened. I'm finally married. I guess this was the wrong thread for this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom