[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Mtrollexgag

Recruit
Game just crashed trying to talk to the guildmaster in Ravenstern, froze the second I pressed the button.
Luckily i instinctivly save after every battle.

Update: more random crashes while pressing prebattle menu buttons.
 

MitchyMatt

Grandmaster Knight
WB
Mtrollexgag said:
Game just crashed trying to talk to the guildmaster in Ravenstern, froze the second I pressed the button.
Luckily i instinctivly save after every battle.

Update: more random crashes while pressing prebattle menu buttons.

Try repeating it and keeping track of who, where, when it crashes.

sher said:
2 Training camps close to each other between Ethos and Cez.

pic?
 

sher

Baron
8xqB7bj.jpg


Sarleon and Ravenstern don't have any training fields at all.
 

sher

Baron
trp_bearclaw_berserker

PT9 but no throwing weapons at all while PS8. Looks like they're just mixed up.
 
sher said:
trp_bearclaw_berserker

PT9 but no throwing weapons at all while PS8. Looks like they're just mixed up.
This is just an excess of points, I believe. Same goes for some foot troops having Riding skill. It's just so the game doesn't automatically assign excess points in skills it uses, making it more powerful than desired.
 

sher

Baron
kevinflemming said:
sher said:
trp_bearclaw_berserker

PT9 but no throwing weapons at all while PS8. Looks like they're just mixed up.
This is just an excess of points, I believe. Same goes for some foot troops having Riding skill. It's just so the game doesn't automatically assign excess points in skills it uses, making it more powerful than desired.

It's hard to tell what was intended. For example Empire Mortals have PT one point higher to make them better throwers and not complete clones of EL. I guess it would be natural for berserkers to be stronger hackers but who knows, I just point at what feels strange.

I hope ability to train HM from Heretic Worshippers is not a mistake, though :smile:
 

Mtrollexgag

Recruit
MitchyMatt said:
Mtrollexgag said:
Game just crashed trying to talk to the guildmaster in Ravenstern, froze the second I pressed the button.
Luckily i instinctivly save after every battle.

Update: more random crashes while pressing prebattle menu buttons.

Try repeating it and keeping track of who, where, when it crashes.

As it seems, it affects only certain parts. So far I have had crashes:
1.Talking to guildmaster in Ravenstern (talking to the guildmaster in Senderfall worked)
2.Entering Fenbray (entering Mazen worked)
3. Entering Ravenstern streets (Ravenstern city castle doesnt crash)
4.Entering Orin
5.Village elder at Orin
6.encountered Blackroot clan warriors (12-15), crashed after clicking the fight button (crashed twice out of 3 times fighting someone)
7Entering Janos (so everywhere where it needs to load) (entering city castles work)

All regular castles work(as far as i have tested), only villages and cities are affected, some combat (bandits attacking village option did load and worked fine)

The crashes happen every time, no exeptions, seems to be some of the menu options, which usually load for a second aka entering places and talking to guildmasters, before crashing loads for a couple of seconds,  then crashes.

Can try to fight some more people for testing reasons.

Update: Reinstalled the whole game, works fine now, must have been the leftovers from other mods affecting the game
 

Gorvex

Master Knight
sher said:
8xqB7bj.jpg


Sarleon and Ravenstern don't have any training fields at all.
That's odd, it surely wasn't the case in earlier stages of 3.9 development, as they were distributed pretty evenly across Pendor. Why were the locations of training fields changed? Although I'm pretty sure that it's not intended.
 

Brew

Squire
In my game there is only 1 training camp near Cez
There is however a training camp near Valonbray and another beside Javiksholm
The other 2 training camps are 1 beside Ishkoman and 1 near Poinsbruk
 

sher

Baron
It's not a bug but it really would be good to have Desert War Horse in Torbah chest - home of Windriders using them, too difficult to get by other means while being just comfortable horse to use and not real competitor to best horses in the mod. That would be worthy of faction capital, not regular armored hunter and armor you can easily loot/buy.

Brew said:
In my game there is only 1 training camp near Cez
There is however a training camp near Valonbray and another beside Javiksholm
The other 2 training camps are 1 beside Ishkoman and 1 near Poinsbruk

I guess distribution script doesn't work well or something.
 

Brew

Squire
sher said:
It's not a bug but it really would be good to have Desert War Horse in Torbah chest - home of Windriders using them, too difficult to get by other means while being just comfortable horse to use and not real competitor to best horses in the mod. That would be worthy of faction capital, not regular armored hunter and armor you can easily loot/buy.

D'shar rogue knights have them as their only mounts, so they should be much easiar to accquire along with fighting the windriders.
In my last game I got one from fighting the Jatu which was in v3.8.4

Found this very nice hammer
2QXQUV9.jpg
When you swing it, it becomes transparent
Update, it looks fine dismounted it only becomes transparent when you swing it from horseback, tested it with shield and without
Overhead swing while on foot is transparent with and without shield

Update 2
The heavy steel hammer(1 handed) has the same issue, overhead swing while dismounted and all swings while mounted
 

BonerLord

Squire
WBNWVC
not a big issue but it feels kinda wrong, the village here
dCXSG.jpg

is in a south middle west plain area and shouldn't have a snow scene? here
Cp2NL.jpg
 

Mayoringram

Recruit
WBNWVC
Hello,

I've noticed a bug with an armor, neck side is a bit front than it should be I suppose, don't know if this is intended or not :razz:
vZdpmJ2.jpg
 

lconracl

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWB
sher said:
kevinflemming said:
sher said:
trp_bearclaw_berserker

PT9 but no throwing weapons at all while PS8. Looks like they're just mixed up.
This is just an excess of points, I believe. Same goes for some foot troops having Riding skill. It's just so the game doesn't automatically assign excess points in skills it uses, making it more powerful than desired.

It's hard to tell what was intended. For example Empire Mortals have PT one point higher to make them better throwers and not complete clones of EL. I guess it would be natural for berserkers to be stronger hackers but who knows, I just point at what feels strange.

I hope ability to train HM from Heretic Worshippers is not a mistake, though :smile:
Troops are divided into internal tiers, which use templates. The same template may be used by e.g. Noldor Twilight Knight and Mettenheim Forlorn Hope (so foot soldier can have 10 riding skill). Some units stats are adjusted, but no one will spend time to change every single one as there are better things to do.
 

deagon

Veteran
WBNWM&BWF&S
Get huge lag when fighting against someone like Knights of Lion, even some other troops -- like recently the Jatu - Almost unplayable lag, even set battlesize to 100 still persists.. Wasn't like this before 3.9
 

Brew

Squire
deagon said:
Get huge lag when fighting against someone like Knights of Lion, even some other troops -- like recently the Jatu - Almost unplayable lag, even set battlesize to 100 still persists.. Wasn't like this before 3.9

Warband has a memory leak if played for too long without restarting the game, try a restart of the game and see if it helps

Possible bug
In the POP options screen I have checked "Display a message on player kills" and turned off casulty resports in warband options. When killing a horse in melee, it displays that I killed its rider but I have seen them get up ie I didn't kill the rider only the horse.
I've seen it a couple of times mostly with heretic worshiper's, the player kill counter is unaffected.

It happens all the time(now that I notice it) when I kill a horse with melee or ranged.
 
Top Bottom