[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Users who are viewing this thread

No. I have not used the tweaks. Would it be a cause or a solution? I did use a save game editor to change stats for one hero. But that was a while back and I just noticed this.

talyn said:
No. I have not used the tweaks. Would it be a cause or a solution? I did use a save game editor to change stats for one hero. But that was a while back and I just noticed this.
I see. It could've been the cause, but that's not it then. Which version are you playing with? And did you play on the same version all along? (not counting hotfix patches). If yes, then it might be a bug indeed. I have no idea how to fix it though. But providing a savegame file always helps (post a download link here), so that others can have a look at it.

talyn said:
Got kinda a dumb question. Not sure how I managed this. I have been looking and I can't seem to find anything under the terms I am searching for.

I have a bug with Dialogue not making sense, it happened once at the End of Kassim telling me how much he enjoyed Riva around.

But usually it happens when I get called back to help at my village or castle heart beat quest.

I get this weird error, any ideas what is causing this?
What is helpful in the situation like this is a savegame when observed issue is about to happen.

thanks for the feed back. To my knowledge I have been using the same version all along. I just started playing again recently.

Although now that I think about it, I am using my laptop now when I used to be playing on my desktop, since I am away from home right now. As far as I know I am still using the same version and the hotfix. 3.9.4

I don't believe there has been any changes recently to the game. And I have only recently started to play it again in the last few weeks.

I believe the text is also messed up when I talk to my stewards about adding someone to a knight order. It says, "Order of the dragon." above but allows me to select units to convert.

I would attach a copy of the Save but not quite sure how to do it. I tried to upload it, but it says its to large. I can't upload a zip file. and it won't let me put the external link to my google drive.

It might be an non issue, when I get home and try it on my PC again, it might work just fine. I will be traveling home tomorrow and Should be able to verify this then, if its still doing the same thing then I will reach back out.

So yeah, got home today and copied my save file back to the PC. Not sure what the difference is but it seems to be working fine. I figured I had messed something up. Lord knows.

But thanks for the help guys.

This sword is called bastard but its length is like a common sword.
2mshHM2.jpg

It is simply weak 1.5h sword. Game needs weapons of all tiers, good and bad, which allows devs to balance troops combat performance and autoresolve scores.

IconracI said:
It is simply weak 1.5h sword. Game needs weapons of all tiers, good and bad, which allows devs to balance troops combat performance and autoresolve scores.

Well, the only problem is that such weapon doesn't make any sense - 1H sword would perform better and would be cheaper and easier to make. Troops which use such swords would perform the same with cheaper 1H sword without raising questions. Only PAB make some use of them since they don't use shields and have 36c damage but they could use any other side arm just fine. Other fighters just shoot themselves in the leg with it - bastard swords should have reach and damage advantage to justify loss of speed and damage with a shield. And it's not a cheap weapon on top of that (bastard swords never were since they are superior).

Another example is Axe - 2H axe with 32c damage which for no reason used by seasoned warriors (I always tweak this anyway).

Is it impossible with sensible weapons? You don't make high priced ugly jewelry when you can make decent things (there is no point at all in making bad bastard sword - it's a professional weapon when you need longer hilt for longer/heavier blade and no one will buy failed version), you don't bring lumberjack axe to a fight unless you are lumberjack and don't have anything else. Certainly, it runs even with such strange weapons around since they're already there and autoresolve score can be of any value regardless of actual equipment but what's the point in leaving unreasonable (bad weapon is not a problem) weapons? Player can get rid of them with tweaking easily and have perfectly fine game.

Personally I left this "bastard" sword in place but only because it's in use by many troops and I'm kinda lazy to document changes but it can be replaced by normal weapons in like 15 minutes and you won't notice anything except for nonsensical weapon gone (it has very generic model like any regular sword so no one will miss it). Crappy Axe is reasonable - it's bad but it's not a combat weapon and suitable for peasants, thugs and similar people.

BTW, in case you don't know - bastard sword primary mode is 2H. It's just _not impossible_ to use it with one hand (as with proper 2H sword) but it's certainly not how it should be used. While in mod such weapons are used mostly with shields.

Actually, I've made a small and fast tweak so if this weapon bothers you then section 15.1.5 may help:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,255110.msg7954810.html#msg7954810
Maybe I forgot some troops but you should get an idea how they can be tweaked. Left BS for PAB just for diversity.

sher said:
Is it impossible with sensible weapons? You don't make high priced ugly jewelry when you can make decent things (there is no point at all in making bad bastard sword - it's a professional weapon when you need longer hilt for longer/heavier blade and no one will buy failed version), you don't bring lumberjack axe to a fight unless you are lumberjack and don't have anything else. Certainly, it runs even with such strange weapons around since they're already there and autoresolve score can be of any value regardless of actual equipment but what's the point in leaving unreasonable (bad weapon is not a problem) weapons? Player can get rid of them with tweaking easily and have perfectly fine game.

Personally I left this "bastard" sword in place but only because it's in use by many troops and I'm kinda lazy to document changes but it can be replaced by normal weapons in like 15 minutes and you won't notice anything except for nonsensical weapon gone (it has very generic model like any regular sword so no one will miss it). Crappy Axe is reasonable - it's bad but it's not a combat weapon and suitable for peasants, thugs and similar people.

BTW, in case you don't know - bastard sword primary mode is 2H. It's just _not impossible_ to use it with one hand (as with proper 2H sword) but it's certainly not how it should be used. While in mod such weapons are used mostly with shields.
This brings to mind a tweak that I feel is needed: a category for 1.5H weapons. You can tell your companions to equip a 2H or a 1H but not a 1.5H. I like to do so as a backup in case the shield breaks, but having something that's still usable with a shield. For example having a battle hammer for when I need "use blunt weapons" or a relatively fast, long and powerful 1.5H Noldor sword. That thing got reach, and on top of a horse that can be more helpful than lightning quick strikes.

I think maybe it was in the mod ages ago, like pre 3.4. It is not any more as most of them are not designed to fight in the first line. This is infantry job; no ammo archers can still protect still shutting guys killing whoever is in melee range.

It would be very bad if "Archers" would join melee on their own - if you want this you can order them to but you can do nothing if they join "Infantry" out of the blue. Don't "fix" this, please :smile:

Player can assign shooters to "Infantry" himself BTW.

Back
Top Bottom