[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Users who are viewing this thread

If you finish the book a splash window will appear in the middle of the screen and you have to press ok. All of that is rather hard to miss.

It was one and only opportunity.
Take one from the cheats menu if you can't buy it.

Items with vertex colour (mostly shadows, but colours of all capes as well) will be displayed as semi transparent or invisible on this presentation page. It is engine limitation, can't do too much about that except removing all vc from all items, which won't happen.

With Bannerlord being EA released next week, no more work on Warband version is planned afaik.
There is not that many keys which players can press to finish the battle, so they should be able to figure it out.

Possible issue with RtR troops received from companions: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Right_to_rule#comm-28905
(Seems awfully familiar, wasn't this addressed during previous versions?)

1) Find script rtr_quest_troops_reward

2) Change all three instances 1613 to 1610.

party_force_add_members = 1613 - doesn't add troops if they are already in the party. So we should use party_add_members = 1610. But it will not add if party capacity reached.

Last edited:
1) Find script rtr_quest_troops_reward

2) Change all three instances 1613 to 1610.

party_force_add_members = 1613 - doesn't add troops if they are already in the party. So we should use party_add_members = 1610. But it will not add if party capacity reached.
Ah, that's awesome, thanks! I'll put it to the Wikia :wink:

Possible issue with RtR troops received from companions: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Right_to_rule#comm-28905
(Seems awfully familiar, wasn't this addressed during previous versions?)
It was in 3.9.2
Code:
     (try_begin), 
        (eq, ":get_troop1", 1),
        #3.9.2 konrad begin party_force_add_members doesn't work if given member already in the party; we remove all of given kind then add
        (party_count_members_of_type, ":num_troop1_in_party", ":party_dest", ":troop1"),
        (try_begin),
            (gt, ":num_troop1_in_party", 0),
            (val_add, ":quantity1", ":num_troop1_in_party"),
            (party_remove_members, ":party_dest", ":troop1", ":num_troop1_in_party"),
        (try_end), 
        #3.9.2 konrad end     
        (party_force_add_members, ":party_dest", ":troop1", ":quantity1"),             
    (try_end),

party_force_add_members was used instead of party_add_members as it allowed to go over player party limit (otherwise incoming units will be lost).
I will test it again.

Edit:
Tested it at level 58 with Lethaldiran:
1. enough party space - soldiers not in the party -> received new troops
2. enough party space - soldiers already in the party -> received new troops
3. no party space - soldiers not in the party -> received new troops
4. no party space - soldiers already in the party -> received new troops

That should cover all cases. I can't replicate described situation.

Last edited:
Thank you Konrad for your time and effort, it's good to know that the issue got addressed indeed! I also did some tests in the end and I got all the troops (was clvl 31) even though I had some of the same kind in my party: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Right_to_rule#comm-28947
Therefore I have a strong guess that Gregor's character was lvl 22 or lower when getting those outcomes, in which medium and elite tier units are not guaranteed to get.

No worries. I don't really know how that could happen. For a moment I thought maybe "ask companion for troops" was selected, but player receives different troops over there.

Dachy brought my attention to a native bug where some of the captured prisoner troops will disappear at the end of the battle if you had allies on your side. Nor you, nor your allies will be able to take them prisoner despite that the amount of wounded troops in the post-battle report says otherwise. They literally vanish.

Can this be fixed or it's something Warband source code / -engine related?

I've recently become the King of my own faction for the, uh ... 20th? time (I'll win this time, I swear!).

Whenever I speak to a companion to issue an order to my vassals (I have 1 at the moment; Lord Roland) I get a soft-lock on the next screen, where it switches to your character's portrait and you are supposed to left-click to continue. Left-clicking doesn't work, and I need to alt-tab out and close the game manually.

I suspect that I've messed something up with one of the tweaks from the tweak page on the Wiki, but I'm not sure which, if any of them, would have affected that conversation. I didn't apply the only tweak that directly mentions the marshal (command allies even if you aren't marshal).

I'm happy to bug-hunt this myself, but I'm not sure which portion of which file controls that conversation. Anyone else see something similar in 3.9.5.1?

Last edited:
This thread exists to report issues in vanilla PoP as otherwise it is impossible to know what part and how the code was changed.
Try to look for help here or on site from given tweaks comes from.

Hi, I have a problem with Knights of Ebony Gauntlet and also some other advanced crossbowmen (Mercenary Sharpshooter). These guys completely refuse to shoot their crossbow, even with a clean sight at the start of the battle. When I try F3 -> F2 (Fire at will) they shoot 1 bolt, then put their crossbow on their backs and hold melee weapon again. This way, they are completely unusable. I upgraded them in the castle maybe 4-5 times. Is there some hotfix, or how can I solve this? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom