Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Berembert doesn't appear to actually create his crafted items. He takes the items out of my inventory, but doesn't give me the crafted item.

I've tested it with the repeating crossbow, the pulley bow, and the glue pot. In all cases, he takes the items out of inventory but doesn't create the crafted item. I thought it might be linked to his creativity of 9, so I leveled him up and put creativity at 10 but he still doesn't generate items.

all vendors in the game now only selling a single clothing item
At the source level, a timer at module_triggers calls a script to restock each vendor.
This script has a start and stop range for items that merchant will be using; once compiled instead of the named item the script only knows what array row at items to use, and is completely unaware of what that item really is. Between different major versions of Phantasy the items lines were rearranged, so anything compiled for say version 150 or even Guspav's original would not match the sequence used at v156 or 158.

If a player were to cut and paste from one version just the compiled .txt file for say scripts, or items, from one version and drop it into another version, thinking they now have just the "good stuff", the merchants would be refreshing the wrong items. If the scripts file was out of synch or pulled from an earlier (or later) version, the script getting called would ALSO be the wrong one, as once compiled the source line (call_script, parameter_script_to_call) becomes just the index value for that script, as it was at the moment the compile took place. But scripts are added and removed between major versions, so the index as compiled at one version does not necessarily match the next major version. For one item refresh, when the range of items was passed, the item for the end of the range is before the start of the range, so the script would only roll to add one item and finish. The behavoir is not from corrupted storage at each vendor; it is from mismatched compiled code or some third party tool to edit items (that assumed the items are ordered exactly as native, which they are not).

Berembert doesn't appear to actually create his crafted items. He takes the items out of my inventory, but doesn't give me the crafted item.

I've tested it with the repeating crossbow, the pulley bow, and the glue pot. In all cases, he takes the items out of inventory but doesn't create the crafted item. I thought it might be linked to his creativity of 9, so I leveled him up and put creativity at 10 but he still doesn't generate items.
It takes one week, and when the timer expires be certain to have inventory space available or the item is not added.
Berembert crafts differently than other crafting.

Back
Top Bottom