Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

StoertebeckerHH said:
In the v156 b12 patch, whenever I start a new game, almost all Cities and Castles change to swadian after 24 hours

I'll look at it when I next have time.  You DO understand this isnt a pre-order situation where thousands of you paid (anything at all) funding me, right?
As in, I don't make this my full time job anymore?
Or that I'm sick right now and if I wasn't I'd be at work, at a day job, and not here just because you're bored and want to play a free game?

Having said all that, if I ever mod at all in the next month, I'll look at this first.  Thats the soonest you could ask for.

Expect v158, a work in progress that has everything v156 B12 had last but isnt trying to back-fix b9-b11 side effects, as the preferred platform for fresh starts going forward.  I can isolate changes to the v158 platform exactly as I've done with v150 and v156 in the past so that I can make changes incrementally without forcing a fresh character start on you.  If you have a campaign that ran on 156 and you want that, fine by me.  v158 should end up in its own folder looking like a totally different mod, since the structure of the save isnt compatible and the module.ini loading of assets is different.  I should dump that in a few hours, after adding some spacers in troops where custom troops will go someday.  By adding the spacing now, I wont have to mess up lords later when custom troops are added, which otherwise would have forced a messy restart.

I'm not sure how / if "Vortex" downloads work for Warband mods, but v158 A0 FULL is up at NexusMods and certainly worked for me with "manual download".
I tried it both with v1.173 and 1.172 and made sure it extracts cleanly, runs.

If you're starting a new game anyway, try v158 instead of v156 B12, as B12 was mostly for people that had existing games that were chewed up.  I don't have time to babysit a bunch of versions, and when I play personally its only v158.  You have the same version now that I use.  If you think its badly broken, I may have time for it next Thanksgiving or something, but otherwise thats the version that I think works best, without me having to worry about which type of "the patch ate my homework" I have to go fix for all 20 users of the mod...  At least I can assume fresh characters and only go forward from here.

Availability:  v158A0 FULL is approved at NexusMods
  https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files

gsanders said:
Availability:  v158A0 FULL is approved at NexusMods
  https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files

Yaaaay a new clean version to play with.
Too bad i've got to wait until Christmas to try it. :ohdear:

gsanders said:
I have to go fix for all 20 users of the mod...

I'm pretty sure you are exaggerating, there are already 60 downloads in less than 24 hours  :fruity:

GSanders, not everyone who's enjoying v156 will rush to download v158 immediately.  I do not even know which version of v156 am running, nowadays.  156b9b is the last I've downloaded, but may have rolled it back, it's something I do.

Once something runs to my satisfaction, I usually leave it alone, unless the project needs serious testing.  Since you shifted your attention to Warsword Conquest, I've still been enjoying Phantasy, but I stopped updating religiously.

I am looking forward to trying v158, but it will not happen anytime soon, probably only after I have given Perisno 0.9 and upcoming Warsword Conquest a good spin.  v156 is scratching my itch just fine.

Hi
Thanks for new version.
158v bug - I look for quest, drow lord Kilnara and text - Warning: This line should never display - Press left mouse button to continue ...  - not work, I must close game and load old save.
Sorry for my bad English.
Other Lords are bug.

Hi, thank you for your hard work on this mod. It's definitely my favorite warband mod. I am currently playing the most recent version, v158.

I am playing a Paladin and took over Obsidian Spire as my first city. Since then I have expanded a bit to the surrounding territories - however, my constable does not provide any option to recruit soldiers. When I ask him about recruitment, he only has an option to train existing soldiers. Am I missing something, or could this be a bug? If it wasn't for me manually filling garrisons with extra units, they would all still be at 0.

Thank you for any advice you can provide!

Please don't take this as a complaint, so many of the things on this mod are working better than ever and it's utterly amazing to me to think about how different it is than the original Guspav days, but I'd figure I should alert you to things not working as intended. The post battle resurrection thing still resurrects opposing combatants and puts them into your party.

spiff said:
Please don't take this as a complaint, so many of the things on this mod are working better than ever and it's utterly amazing to me to think about how different it is than the original Guspav days, but I'd figure I should alert you to things not working as intended. The post battle resurrection thing still resurrects opposing combatants and puts them into your party.

potentially a good thing, but you'll have to check to be sure you dont have say orcs in a mainly blazing hand or dwarf party...

there's some quest changes made today to better trap checking on bandit lairs and also offering mercenary contracts to the player were two quest fails.
  Changed some of the rewards on quests
  changed handling of player ship on land and when the ship touches land.

Scais said:
Hi, thank you for your hard work on this mod. It's definitely my favorite warband mod. I am currently playing the most recent version, v158.

I am playing a Paladin and took over Obsidian Spire as my first city. Since then I have expanded a bit to the surrounding territories - however, my constable does not provide any option to recruit soldiers. When I ask him about recruitment, he only has an option to train existing soldiers. Am I missing something, or could this be a bug? If it wasn't for me manually filling garrisons with extra units, they would all still be at 0.

You're looking in the wrong place.  Since you have a town, look in the town menu and at the bottom is "recruit from caravan".  This is a new extension that is vastly superior to diplomacy recruiter, once you know how to use it correctly.
  See  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,369679.msg8931931.html#msg8931931

CorenSK said:
Hi
Thanks for new version.
158v bug - I look for quest, drow lord Kilnara and text - Warning: This line should never display - Press left mouse button to continue ...  - not work, I must close game and load old save.
Sorry for my bad English.
Other Lords are bug.

This line should not display coming from quests is a failed mercenary offering.  I'd expect that if you meet certain checks, all of which are removed in today's A1.

There was a different quest hang from checking bandit camps without the range of party types adjusted for Phantasy bandit types.  That is now fixed but I added a text message so that if there is a hang in dialogs at quests we can see a final message before the hang, and otherwise the extra text displayed is harmless.  It should make it easier to debug quest hangs in the future.

gsanders said:
Scais said:

You're looking in the wrong place.  Since you have a town, look in the town menu and at the bottom is "recruit from caravan".  This is a new extension that is vastly superior to diplomacy recruiter, once you know how to use it correctly.
  See  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,369679.msg8931931.html#msg8931931

Thank you!!

Playing with the last version, I encountered plenty of bugs.

- The book seller doesnt sell anything (can't access the buying screen, its just closing the dialog)
- Can't join the tournaments (even on town with good relation and a very high renown), the line doesn't appear
- Sometimes the "Surrender or die!" option just close the dialog and no fight happen...
- Sometimes talking to a good merchant and trying to access his product close the dialog without opening the buying screen
- When there is too many companions, managing auto loot settings get difficult as some names are out of the window
- Can't buy spell scrolls (maybe because I chose fighter class; if it's the case please say it here for all the people asking the same question)
- Caravans are getting stuck near Curaw where sometimes ships are landing. Can't interact with the ships on the map.
- Little scout patrols (like 5 or 6 units) keeps attacking me even if I have a giant army when raiding a village. As the farmers join the fight each time,it gets tiring at some point

Also, dont know if its normal but not only random brokers give me their boring speech each time before I can actually sell anything, but they will not buy anything if I have no good relation with the faction the town belongs to, even if I'm not in a war with them (which means, can't sell to obsidian empire or orcish town as I use to fight them in wars before).

Virthuss said:
- Can't buy spell scrolls (maybe because I chose fighter class; if it's the case please say it here for all the people asking the same question)

I believe you can buy spells and books only if you choose mage as your class in the character's creation (or if you did the mage quest)

Virthuss said:
- Can't join the tournaments (even on town with good relation and a very high renown), the line doesn't appear

Tournaments were disabled on purpose, you have plenty other ways to gain money and renown, it just makes seducing ladies more complicated.

Virthuss said:
Also, dont know if its normal but not only random brokers give me their boring speech each time before I can actually sell anything, but they will not buy anything if I have no good relation with the faction the town belongs to, even if I'm not in a war with them (which means, can't sell to obsidian empire or orcish town as I use to fight them in wars before).

I had the same issue with the random broker in the four ways inn. I ended up only using the "I want to sell all my prisonners" button

I have never met the other issues.

adjusted sea traders somewhat for v158 A2, it was spawning land traders at sea, now they will be sea traders.
  I may next have a mechanic for them to move from sea to shore.

---
EDIT: it looks like the changes work pretty well.  I'll put something up a little later.

Hi
Morwara, four ways inn - 33 000 - bank vault its full ? interest rate 0.
Not recipe leather boots, required for production iron greaves.
Manufacturing skill only 20, please more and new recipes :smile:
Thanks

There is a bug in character creation screen in v158 from nexus. You can't see the story. It seems it is in the scrool bar.

-pgDQ.png

Its my first try btw. It looks good! Good job!

gsanders said:
MrExpendable said:
The new updates are amazing, thanks a lot gsanders!

2 graphical bugs I've found:
- The Swadian Visored Sallet has some strange-looking face textures on it's plumes.
- The Paladin Helmet no texture.

paladin helmet was replaced by armet1 in patch B6, so should not exist in troops gear.  Its therefore only an issue if you try to buy one at market.

In any case I can only delete, not change, art work.  I cant draw a pension, let alone anything for Warband models.  Code or zilch from me.  There's nobody else working on the mod, and I wanted to take a leave of absence because I'm needed elsewhere, so its likely to wait.  I can't remove the paladin helm without breaking save game.

Just a small temporal workaround for anyone that is annoyed by the Sallet's plumes, replace the Swadian Lieutenant's helmet for a Dark Great Helm (Item 783, I think?), it will fit its armor and have no noticeable armor changes.

Deli Paşa said:
There is a bug in character creation screen in v158 from nexus. You can't see the story. It seems it is in the scrool bar.

-pgDQ.png

Its my first try btw. It looks good! Good job!

I dont have an art team and to be honest the story means nothing to me.  Its a screen meant to show all the rigale changes and other quasi stats that change when you change selections for race, primary class, secondary class, and background.  If you want to redraw the image instead its possible it can be made your way, except I have no time and dont expect to have more time anytime this year.

Back
Top Bottom