[BUGS] Freelancer 1.1 Bugs and Fixes. (LOCKED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitestrake said:
SuperNova said:
Currently serving under the Sarranid banner as an archer, but I didn't receive a bow or arrows. The same happened when I was promoted to skirmisher. :smile:
Maybe you dident have a high enough power draw?
Thanks mate. I presumed my equipment would just be placed in my inventory if I couldn't use it. *facepalm*

SuperNova said:
Whitestrake said:
SuperNova said:
Currently serving under the Sarranid banner as an archer, but I didn't receive a bow or arrows. The same happened when I was promoted to skirmisher. :smile:
Maybe you dident have a high enough power draw?
Thanks mate. I presumed my equipment would just be placed in my inventory if I couldn't use it. *facepalm*
lol Dude, we are changing some code so you can't be promoted until you have the same attribute skills as the troop you are going to be promoted to, like how many knights are there with riding 2 and str of say 7? :smile: it's a fun process , and help from you guys helps us develop a better more stable mod... like I always say, immersion and imagination = fun :razz: ..thanks for the comment tho... we hope the next version will make people happier

not a bug, but unfair.

I had my own shortened military scythe. After promotion to Guisamer they gave me bill. But Guisamers also use scythe... so after next promotion they take back their bill and MY scythe...

BTW, feel free to move my last comment to wherever you feel is more appropriate. Once it was established as a WAD feature (working as designed, I guess) it's ended being more a commentary/suggestion about the actual siege mechanics than a proper bug report.

I was partaking a seige on Dhirm and at the second stage when i had low health i was all alone against alot of enemies(never checked) so I died...there is my little bug catch

Becouse this is a direct report to the issiue, I'll skip the bug-report template.
There's problem with you're mission template trigger
Code:
(ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0, [], #+Freelancer
[
    (get_player_agent_no, ":player"),
    (ge, ":player", 0),
	(agent_is_active, ":player"),
	(store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"),
	(eq, ":player", ":agent_no"),
	(agent_get_team, ":player_team", ":player"),
	(team_set_order_listener, ":player_team", -1),
    (val_add, ":player_team", 2),
    (agent_set_team, ":player", ":player_team"),
    #(call_script, "script_agent_reassign_team", ":agent_no"),
]),
When player is not part of a lords army and is leading his own men in a siege the player is still reasigned to another team and in such his own troops becomes iresponsive - as in you can't control them(atleast I think that's whats happening, it's late and I'm becoming slow). I guess there's a need for a check if the player is in a lord party before trigering the trigger?

We have found out that the new patch has been causing allot of issues with crashing, and now have found out that there seems to be a solution. Downloading the installer for Warband 1.143 instead of the patch for 1.143 removes these issues. I'm creating a new thread (stickied) for Know Bugs also.

@DrT, Thanks for that find, I'll let the guys know and see if we can iron it out for you. cheers!

taragoth said:
lol Dude, we are changing some code so you can't be promoted until you have the same attribute skills as the troop you are going to be promoted to, like how many knights are there with riding 2 and str of say 7? :smile: it's a fun process , and help from you guys helps us develop a better more stable mod... like I always say, immersion and imagination = fun :razz: ..thanks for the comment tho... we hope the next version will make people happier
Whoops, I hope I didn't come across like a total ass. That facepalm was actually meant for me lol. The mod is great, and it gives M&B a new kind of gameplay which I've been waiting on for a few years. Hell, I came back to these forums because of this specific mod. :smile:

Duh said:
No worries, i treat taragoth worse on irc. He can take it.

Duh is an Idle Ass.H more...meh baby trolls.. :razz: Nah Man its all sweet, I just get carried away typing some times, sorry if my so called aussie sense of humor offends anyone also...wait no I'm not :razz:

PS> Germans shouldn't drink so much

Reapper45 said:
I was serving under count klargus and when iI went to talk to him I captured him instead.

:shock: ..he must deserve it then.. lol what version of Warband/Freelancer you using? Very strange bug indeed

I'm a first-class troll, but I respect this mod too much to fanny about. *insert whip crack*

Anywho; That's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow with, undoubtedly, a lot more bugs to share. (displayed here are but a fraction of my troll powers) Cheers! :wink:

I tried to 'Speak with commander' while he was garrisoned in a castle, and the game hangs for a while then crashes.

Warband version: 1.143
Freelancer version: 1.1 + siege fix

There's no information in the RGL log related to the crash.

Splintert said:
I tried to 'Speak with commander' while he was garrisoned in a castle, and the game hangs for a while then crashes.

Warband version: 1.143
Freelancer version: 1.1 + siege fix

There's no information in the RGL log related to the crash.

Unfortunately thats a new version problem, the main thing people have said that works is to download the 1.143 Install. I'm going to post a link to the downloads and sticky them. I also have a mirror from my ISP that has all versions of warband to download, I'll add that as well. The only good thing, it wasn't my mod that crashed your game  :neutral: :smile:

My Nord army attacked a Vaiger army but I was too wounded from previous battles. So it only gives me the option to say "Never Mind" when I click attack with my lord's army. Is my only option desertion or to request leave, or am I just missing something here?

DrTomas said:
Becouse this is a direct report to the issiue, I'll skip the bug-report template.
There's problem with you're mission template trigger
Code:
(ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0, [], #+Freelancer
[
    (get_player_agent_no, ":player"),
    (ge, ":player", 0),
	(agent_is_active, ":player"),
	(store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"),
	(eq, ":player", ":agent_no"),
	(agent_get_team, ":player_team", ":player"),
	(team_set_order_listener, ":player_team", -1),
    (val_add, ":player_team", 2),
    (agent_set_team, ":player", ":player_team"),
    #(call_script, "script_agent_reassign_team", ":agent_no"),
]),
When player is not part of a lords army and is leading his own men in a siege the player is still reasigned to another team and in such his own troops becomes iresponsive - as in you can't control them(atleast I think that's whats happening, it's late and I'm becoming slow). I guess there's a need for a check if the player is in a lord party before trigering the trigger?
DrThomas, toss a (eq, "$freelancer_state", 1) into the conditions block of the trigger. Apologies for the oversight on my part.

Were you enlisted? Yes
Vacation? No
A Lord? A King? Has happened to both
IS the Mod added as OSP to another mod? No

What version of the mod & warband are you using?
1.134/1.1

Bug:
When a lord helps a lord of another faction against a common enemy, you cannot join the fight (as your relation to the other faction is -5).

When you click to follow the commander you the only option is "leave", which brings you back to the "What do you need to do soldier?" page.

Requesting audience produces incorrect dialogue (for instance, when they joined a fight against village farms I got their text with my lord's picture and name, clicking to leave them alone puts me back where I started, clicking to attack them causes me to lose rep with my lord.

The only solution to avoid this loop is to desert the army, or boot up from the last save.

Edit: By the sounds of the guy below me, I may have been hit by two bugs at once, so, it may actually be possible to go on leave instead, assuming that you are not fighting farmers.

I didn't notice as I only ever clicked on the talk to lord button during the 3rd time I was affected by the bug, it has never occurred to my to test this before.

I will try and put myself in the same position again (minus the village farmers) and see whether leave is possible.

When I attack a group of farmers in my lords army, he gets stuck with thier voice and text and my only option is to use the peasent options of attack "We'll see how poor you are" etc etc, or let the "peasents" be on thier way. You can only get out of this by deserting or waiting for your lord to get in a fight with another lord; after that it went back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom