Bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, unfortunately my hypothesis has proven incorrect. I decided to not get Marnid this time around and made Borshe my aid... And Borsha clones were created.

Of note: It did not happen in open field battles (I fought Sea Raiders for around 2 hours and no clones) but the moment I sieged a castle, Borsha (or is it Borshe? ... whatever) clones were created. Borshe is my current aid...

Through continued play and not getting Marnid, at least that limits the problem down a little.. It isn't just with one NPC and it's something to do with the aid script...

And most indicators suggest that it's during sieges (I've yet to try it during a Lord fight, but it seems that they're no different than bandits, really... Or during a city siege, just a castle).

Hopefully this bit of information serves to help out even more ...

Pity it wasn't just Marnid.. Much more easily avoided if that were the case.

Ashes42 said:
you get the message they left the party, then you find them in the battle?  thats strange, is anyone else experiencing that?

I was experiencing this with version .1g - I haven't tried .1g1 yet so I don't know about that.

Ashes42 said:
Hmm, well about the helping a lord in combat, try the NPCs in Zendar keep, they should have something to give it a fix.

How do you mean, the npcs in Zendar?  What do I do?  Keep in mind I haven't experienced this bug before.

I found Dranton, and tried all the options given.  Nothing made a difference.  Still eight invisible members.

Seems I got the Invisible Party Member bug!

Its the routine that copies the removed character-aides back into your party. Also, there are two ways I found to get a ghost of your NPC-chars. You can get a copy if you separate from your aide(s) and go into a battle (I think it doesnt matter if you start it or join in). And you can get ghosts cos your aides dont get removed when joining a battle between lords. (Not sure if it also happens when you start a battle against a lord, but when you join a battle its 100% sure).

To reproduce and verify:
1. Way to get a ghost:
Set a char as aide.
Separte from the char.
Join a battle
After your battle you should have a fresh copy of the aide you just left behind.

It seems the problem lies in module_game_menus.py under "battle_debrief". Seems the check for existing aides is wrong. When you separate from your aides the debrief will always add your aides into your group (after each battle), even if they are standing somewhere on the map apart from your party.

Cos I never got a ghost when fighting bandits I tested for other conditions.
There is a second way to get a ghost. I still dont understand how this happens, but its related to battles between lords (not sieges only).

2. Way to get a ghost:
Set a char as aide.
Join a battle between lords. (I was factionless)
You get no message that your char left.
After the battle you can separate from your aide and see that you still have a copy in your party.

The battle I joined in was 650 men (my side) against 58 (enemies side) and I tried this battle maybe 5 times. Sometimes Borcha was in the battle and sometimes not. But I ever had a ghost of him afterwards.

Maybe its related to the troop mixing when you join a battle. And whats about the stack position? When you set a char as aide he says that you should put him on top of the stack. I tried both - top and bottom of the stack - with the same results: got a ghost.

Also it may be possible that once you have ghosts they will be duplicated everytime "battle_debrief" is called, but not sure on that. Dont exactly know how the ghosts work and why you have duplicates of them but they dont show up in the party list. *shrugs*

Thanks for the excellent bug report, I went through the code and gave it a trim, and it should be working now.  Given that I have about 5-6 fixes, a couple of which make the game quite playable, I'll probably let a patch out the door.

Nice work on the new version.

However another attack of the random messages bug. Not during running around but I captured Lord Stamar(swadian) then Lord Urumuda (Khergits) offered to take him off my hands for 1600 denars, I accepted and recived the money and the interesting message of.

"Here is 1600 denars,( or something like that) Lord Stamar, Suno, Praven, Amere etc..." for most (if not all) Swadian properties. so im guessing that its either a bug or Lord Stamar is a real-estate genius and I just sold him cheaply for 1600.

HSharp said:
Nice work on the new version.

However another attack of the random messages bug. Not during running around but I captured Lord Stamar(swadian) then Lord Urumuda (Khergits) offered to take him off my hands for 1600 denars, I accepted and recived the money and the interesting message of.

"Here is 1600 denars,( or something like that) Lord Stamar, Suno, Praven, Amere etc..." for most (if not all) Swadian properties. so im guessing that its either a bug or Lord Stamar is a real-estate genius and I just sold him cheaply for 1600.

Hm, the bug survived the last version...

Its in module_dialogs.py under "[anyone,"lord_buy_prisoner_accept",".
There are two lines:
"Good. Then here's your {reg6} denars.\
{s7} {s3} {s8}", "lord_pretalk",

and {s3} seems to be wrong in there.

In v0.1g.2 is still a problem with the aide-code.

The code to remove the aides is only called under "Charge the enemy." but not under "Order your troops to attack as you stay back." so your aide(s) will stay in the computer calculated battle. Couldnt check if it copies ghosts into your party, yet.

Assertion failure:
Seems a few other guys got it with native, too: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,30087.msg856464.html#msg856464

I do not know if this is an issue in the new release, but in 1g.1 the Aide NPC's stats would all randomly be reset to 0 when s/he lost Aide status. Was this error fixed as part of the new code in 1g.2 or is this still a possible issue?

Edit: Declining a mercenary contract (at least a 1-month Contract with the king of the Vaegirs) consistently crashed my game. "No that is unacceptable" and the game completely froze.

Solace said:
I do not know if this is an issue in the new release, but in 1g.1 the Aide NPC's stats would all randomly be reset to 0 when s/he lost Aide status. Was this error fixed as part of the new code in 1g.2 or is this still a possible issue?

Do you mean the skills the NPCs add to your party like Surgery and First aid? You only get the benefit from those skills when the NPC is an aide. Not like in native where you get the benefit cos your NPC is in your party. If you mean that its a feature not a bug. (a basic for upcomming features)

No, I mean all abilities and skills are set back to their level 1 values of the NPC.

I have a level 9 Borsha I set to an aid who had his skills knocked back to 0 and all of his abilities reset when I removed him from Aide status.

In other words, I mean it exactly how I posted it.

I actually had this happen without even setting the companion (Borcha in this case) to an aide.  I think it's because he was knocked out or something.

I know he had better stats - he had 2 pathfinding and 2 spotting.  I remember thinking I "rolled" a sweet Borcha, after a crappy Rolf (who had only 1 in Riding).  Next time I looked at his skills, he only had a 1 in riding...

dibujante, which version do you use?

Oh, dudes, and please always post the version number you are using so bugs are easier to track! thx

Niahak said:
I actually had this happen without even setting the companion (Borcha in this case) to an aide.  I think it's because he was knocked out or something.

I know he had better stats - he had 2 pathfinding and 2 spotting.  I remember thinking I "rolled" a sweet Borcha, after a crappy Rolf (who had only 1 in Riding).  Next time I looked at his skills, he only had a 1 in riding...

Ah, yes, on knockout their health is shown in red and they cant support with their skills (cos of many, many ouches). But did it happen with unhurt NPCs?

No, no.  I mean he *lost* the skill points invested in his skills.  I'm aware of what happens normally in M&B, and I'm pretty sure it at least still tells you on their character sheet the skills they have, even if they aren't "helping" the party with them because they're wounded.  :neutral:

i.e.

Borcha's character sheet said:

Riding 1
(lotsa 0s)
Pathfinding 2
Spotting 2

He was not supporting with these skills as he was not set to an aide (I considered doing so, as he was good for a lv1).

He got wounded.  Afterward his character sheet (not the party menu) said:

Riding 1
(lotsa 0s)
Pathfinding 0
Spotting 0

This was after he had recovered from the wounds.

I'm using the latest version (0.1g.2).

Ok, seems something is overriding the character... Do you know if Borcha was reset to his default values when you hired him? Or was spotting and pathfinding trained up? (Guess no, cos you said he was lv1, but just to get sure.)

So the NPC needs to be wounded and has to recover so the bug shows up, right?
This bug is tied to the wounded and NPCs only? Or has anybody noticed this bug without hurt NPCs?

When I hired him, he had the Pathfinding and Spotting.

I'm not completely certain it was him being wounded and recovering, but that's all that had really happened to him other than leveling, and it would explain things a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom