BUG Reports v 1.393 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

I also get the horn sound followed by said red text (never happened in previous versions for me).

Also, this is an old (as in present in previous versions too) bug, maybe it was mentioned before, but bards don't have an option to end conversation, I always have to ask them to sing something (hmm maybe just a marketing technique  :smile:).

And I'm pretty sure Penda's flag being misplaced (also an old bug) is caused by a typo in the module system, I had the same issue when working on a mod, it's an easy fix.

Other than that I haven't come across any other bugs, love the new tweaks, you guys did a great job. I'm in day 120, and so far the diplomacy between the factions seems very realistic, less wars than in previous versions, loosing battles has a greater effect on a faction (it's harder to recover), and I noticed sieges have been tweaked too (for the better).

Again, great job, keep up the good work.

Midgets288 said:
When I ask wife to conceive a child the camera just freezes on me saying that. I have 100 relation with her.

I've been having the same issue for a while now.

klous99 said:
Midgets288 said:
When I ask wife to conceive a child the camera just freezes on me saying that. I have 100 relation with her.

I've been having the same issue for a while now.

same. I ended up getting a baby, but what do I do with it? Keep it in my inventory or my wife's?

I have no option to raid villages any more. The only hostile actions are enslave, steal cattle or force them to give me supplies. Is this a bug, or is it meant to happen?

motomataru said:
makute said:
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I noticed that in some villages, the recruitment cost is 10 scillings per levy, and in others rises to 30 scillings.
It depends on how much commoners trust you. Player skill persuasion helps. Unfortunately, the price function is not in the menu that tells you how many can be hired (sigh). I'll fix that...
But I only noticed this behaviour in 1.393, in previous versions the cost of recruits was always 10 scillings. So, I assumed it was a bug or a new feature.

Hey, I played the older version of this Mod and enjoyed it a lot. So I downloaded the latest version today (1.391 with the 1.393 patch) and I can't get past the loading scene. I keep getting this error....

get_object failed for texture: casa_beban

I've deleted it and reinstalled it twice. I ran it the second time without the patch and I get the same error. I seem to be alone with this probelm. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

Idibil said:
Yes, it is because code identify they like horses for work. It isnt posible change this, hardcore.

We added sounds when animals die, you should hear them too.

1. unfortunatly all animals (wolves, deer, goats, ...) make the sound of a horse when they die.
would  be great if this could be changed. like it is i have to mute sound because it absolutely kills immersion.

2. PLUS: plz rename "a herd of wolves" into "a pack of wolves". thanx guys.

3. Different topic: beer (also wine, ...) now brings morale, which is great! ... but it never runs out! (which is also damn great, but "a bit" unrealistic)

Lord Szentgyorgyi said:
Also, this is an old (as in present in previous versions too) bug, maybe it was mentioned before, but bards don't have an option to end conversation, I always have to ask them to sing something (hmm maybe just a marketing technique  :smile:).
?? Didn't have that problem with either Wandering Bard or Kingdom Bard. For Kingdom Bard, "Leave" is the third option in small print... Another marketing technique...

Thorgil said:
3. Different topic: beer (also wine, ...) now brings morale, which is great! ... but it never runs out! (which is also damn great, but "a bit" unrealistic)
That's an old issue with the way food works in the game: Consumables always "nourishes" your troops, so, you can have an infinite barrel of booze, or armies that can survive with an alcohol-only diet. Personally, I'd prefer to consume beverages normally, and try to have solid food in the inventory at all times.

motomataru said:
?? Didn't have that problem with either Wandering Bard or Kingdom Bard. For Kingdom Bard, "Leave" is the third option in small print... Another marketing technique...
It took me a while too to realize that the "songs? go to hell hippie!" answer was the only leaving option. I'm amazed that bards don't rush out the hall when I enter...

1. I constantly get the following Error Message (see screenshot). It doesen't seem to do anything else but it looks ugly having this all the time.

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1680: Invalid Party ID: -1; LINE NO: 18:
            At script: allow_vassals_to_join_indoor_battle. 
            At script: allow_vassals_to_join_indoor_battle. 

I play as a female character and joined the leader of Gwynedd as a soldier. The Error first occured when I left his service and joined one of his vassals. I also hired 2 companions as a soldier.

2. Huge fps drop in field battles and sieges even after applying the measures given in the related help thread here. As some already stated this is a bit strange because any other mod, including  native, I played, worked without problems even with the battlesize changed to 600 and all video settings on maximum.

3. My (female) character is always reffered to as 'sir' or 'man' in most conversations with npcs except the beginning of first time conversations with lords. This kills a lot of the immersion.

That's all I noticed so far. Nevertheless thank you for probably the best mod for Warband so far. Awesome work. Keep it up!

Ambaryerno said:
Actually, at least among the Anglo-Saxons "man" was a gender-neutral term.

Might be true, but the conversations in-game are in modern english, regardless of the npc you're talking to is saxon, briton or pict. And in modern english 'man' reffers to a male person. So I don't think it's a feature, but a bug. :roll:

Anyway, I encountered some more bugs.

Character:  female, soldier in a lords army, no companions.

Naval Battles

When I join  boarding battles, one of the following happens.

1. My Character is the only one from the army spawning. And spawning happens on an enemy ship. Getting knocked unconcious I get told, 'Your forces were utterly crushed'. I get assigned kills even if I didn't do anything during the battle.

2. Ships and Soldiers of both sides spawn correctly moving towards each other. Then a few seconds later it says 'Reinforcements have arrived' and the following happens.

mb3m.jpg

3. When two ships (from opposing factions) get close, they suddenly rush into each other (two ships at the same place) and then jump back resulting in a situation shown in the next screenshot.
When my character is one of the ships she gets thrown into the water. The soldiers keep floating in mid-air.

mb2y.jpg

Others

I still get this Error message all the time, which is quite annoying.

mb1l.jpg

mb5hi.jpg

During a field battle I got this error message.

mb4x.jpg

I have a self-replicating lord. Captured him a week ago and imprisoned him in my lair. His faction, Laigin, offered me a ransom which i accepted. But he seems to love my dungeon and preffered to send his twin secret brother in his place... But i captured him too.

PF4Kj.jpg

Maybe I am too stupid to find the entrance, but it seems there is no prison door at cities like Caer Went. I found the prison guard, but even when I kill him, there is no prison door... searched the whole city...  :shock:

Aethelflaed said:
Maybe I am too stupid to find the entrance, but it seems there is no prison door at cities like Caer Went. I found the prison guard, but even when I kill him, there is no prison door... searched the whole city...  :shock:

Usually the prison entrance is a trap door in the floor near the central building, castle or whatever. Pretty hard to find, i got stuck on this too a couple of times.

Unfortunately the missing prison door is a bug. For some reason with each new version the passages (doors) keep moving slightly.
The passage is there but the option to enter it doesn't show.
It's not something I do, but a glitch in the game. Noted and fixed for next version.

Adorno said:
Unfortunately the missing prison door is a bug. For some reason with each new version the passages (doors) keep moving slightly.
The passage is there but the option to enter it doesn't show.
It's not something I do, but a glitch in the game. Noted and fixed for next version.

Whoops, mine was a bad tip then. By the way, the copy of myself in the arena that i mentioned in my first post here only occurs in some of the cities. Not sure, but i think that when i found it was Din Gonwy or one of the nearby cities, now im playing in Ireland and i didn't found this bug here.

Back
Top Bottom