Need More Info Game crashes whenever I open up a menu (Inventory, Clan, Kingdom, Party, Prisoner menus)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0.321460
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-09-11_02.45.49_c4c37a3deb472deede566cae2ecd07f8
Summary: Greetings,

I recently purchased the game on Steam and have been having such a great time. However, the game has been crashing and it seems to have gotten worse. When I first started playing, the crashes would happen about 40-50% of the time and I noticed that they only occur when a menu is opened. When I open my inventory, kingdom, party, or clan menu, the game has a chance of crashing. After battles, the prisoner menu will automatically popup and that has caused crashes as well. I had to replay battles and sieges numerous times due to the game crashing and being unable to save before the prisoner menu automatically popping up. Now I am on Day +400 and the game will consistently crash after a menu is opened.

Some advice that I have taken from the web: I have updated my Windows 10, verified integrity of game files on steam, checked my graphics driver and is up to date, and I expanded my virtual memory after watching a YouTube video. I am playing version 1.8 and not playing beta version. I have restarted my computer in hopes that it would clear things up, but it hasn't been too helpful.
I also played on Safe Mode and it still crashes at the same rate. I have tried playing a different save at day 80 and crashes are still same rate.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

How to Reproduce: Crash occurs after opening party, inventory, clan, and kingdom menus. Crash occurs after winning a battle and prisoner menu is automatically opened.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats used and no mods installed.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): Unable to post pictures in this message so will upload them on the thread.
Computer Specs:
GPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM: 16.0 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

FYI-

I am not sure how to upload the photo because it is asking for http. But I have typed out alert:

"d3d_device_context->Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture
Failed!
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

Last Executed Marker: GBuffer Passes / RC:
inventory_character_scene / Deferred Meshes"

Hey, can you share your save file with us so we can further inspect the issue? You can share it via Ticket. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom